Chapter 5

Coffee

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated as frequently as I'd like to have, I just got back from camp and I’ve got really bad writer’s block atm >.< This is just a filler chapter that'll lead up to the amusement park date so yeah, enjoy ^.^ (sorry if it , I feel like I make you guys wait too long for my updates, I’m so sorry)

 


 

It was a chilly Wednesday morning and Jimin chattered endlessly as him and Taehyung were making their way to their first classes, the latter not really paying attention as he normally did as his mind was somewhere else or rather on someone else. Jimin noticed this but continued to ramble on anyway.

 

“I'm pretty sure that you were just imagining things because I was at Jungkook’s room the whole night so I couldn't have been at the restau- I mean the uh...place where the date took place!” He corrected himself while nodding his head as if he had convinced Taehyung that he wasn't there that night.

 

Taehyung raised an eyebrow at Jimin who was avoiding eye contact, raising more suspicion from the former. He shrugged and turned back to face the footpath deciding it was useless to get Jimin to admit it since he was profusely denying it but they both knew he was there. Taehyung resumed eating the muffin he bought that morning and thinking about Jin which earned a whine from Jimin.

 

“Yah! Can't you stop thinking about Jin for like a second and listen to my life stories for once?!” He exclaimed, making Taehyung jump in surprise and drop his chocolate muffin.

 

“My muffin…..” Taehyung moaned while pouting which made Jimin burst out in laughter. Taehyung shot a glare at him which made Jimin laugh even harder. Taehyung picked up the muffin, threw it at Jimin and stormed off.

 

“Huh? Hey! Wait for me! I'm sorry! Taehyung!” He yelled, trying to catch up to Taehyung but his power walking was just too fast for short-legged Jimin to keep up with.

 

“Hey! I'll buy you another one!” He yelled again which made Taehyung stop immediately and turn around.

 

“You're forgiven” Taehyung said to a panting Jimin who had taken ten seconds to catch up to Taehyung.

 

The pair arrived at their classes shortly after the muffin incident and their classes went by surprisingly fast which was probably due to Taehyung daydreaming throughout most of them. He probably missed some important notes which would cost him during exams. Oops. Oh well he could always copy his American hyung Jisoo’s notes, since Jimin’s handwriting wasn't readable.

 

It was now lunch time and Taehyung was sitting before a cheap muffin bought from the college cafeteria and he frowned deeply.

 

“What the hell is this Jimin?” He questioned, his eyes never leaving the excuse for a muffin in front of him.

 

“It's a muffin?” He relied while smiling nervously

 

“Yah!” Taehyung yelled and grabbed the ‘muffin’ which made Jimin flinch immediately.

 

“I said I'd buy you another one?”

 

“I thought you meant one from that cafe!”

 

“Does it really matter?”

 

“Yes! Of course it does!”

 

The pair continued to argue and Jisoo made his entrance, taking his seat silently while watching the two argue. His eyes darted back and forth between the pair and he smiled fondly while waiting for them to acknowledge his presence.

 

Jisoo’s fond smile faded quickly however because it had been almost ten minutes already and Taehyung and Jimin’’s arguing continued, still unaware of their hyung’s presence. Jisoo sighed and decided it was enough because it was becoming ridiculous so he intervened.

 

“Ahem” he muttered which made the pair instantly stop and turn to face Jisoo who was looking at them with an amused expression.

 

“Jisoo-hyung!” They both exclaimed at once.

 

“It's nice to see you too” he greeted back while chuckling and began to eat his sandwich.

 

As he took his first bite, he noticed that the two sitting before him were now strangely quiet so he decided to initiate a conversation with them before the silence became awkward.

 

“So….what's up guys?” Jisoo asked the pair which made them start rambling like little kids. Jisoo laughed and gestured for them to stop talking because he couldn't understand all the jumbled words they threw at him.

 

“Okay okay one at a time please” he said while chuckling.

 

Jimin and Taehyung looked at each other for a second and the pair mutually decided that Jimin would tell Jisoo-hyung what happened. The former stood up to deliver the news while the latter shrunk back in his chair like a child waiting for a lecture.

 

Jisoo raised an eyebrow at his dongsaeng’s sudden change in behavior but decided not to question it. It was about to be revealed anyway.

 

“Taehyung went on a date!” Jimin exclaimed while pointing at Taehyung who shrunk back even more in his seat. Jimin’s statement sounded more like an accusation and it made Jisoo want to laugh out loud but he held back for Taehyung’s sake.

 

“So um….Taehyung how did this date go?” Jisoo asked calmly which made the pair wear identically surprised expressions.

 

“You're not gonna lecture him or anything?” Jimin asked disappointingly

 

“No why would I do that?”

 

“Well because he went on a date?”

 

“What's wrong with that?”

 

“It was an date with a you know….not so innocent ending?”

 

Taehyung kept looking back and forth at the pair currently talking until Jisoo’s eyes landed straight on Taehyung who flinched. Wait, how did Jimin know what happened at the end of his date?

 

“Wait, so you were there Jimin?” Taehyung piped up from his shrunken position which made Jimin stiffen

 

Now both pairs of eyes landed on Jimin who was desperately searching for a way to justify himself. How did they know? Because Jimin had a sudden expression change from being all smug from having caught out Taehyung to panicking from being asked one question which made it obvious.

 

“I uh…..I was um……” He began while looking anywhere but at the pair now interrogating him as if the cafeteria would give him any answers.

 

Taehyung narrowed his eyes at Jimin who was still avoiding eye contact until Jimin lit up like he had ‘remembered’ what had happened.

 

“I was w-walking! Yeah that's right! I was walking past and I saw you two kiss! So i went and stayed the night at Jungkook’s room! ” Jimin folded his arms as if he had convinced them but he was only convincing himself it seemed. Jisoo raised an eyebrow and Taehyung internally facepalmed while thinking what the hell? Taehyung decided it was useless to interrogate his idiot of a friend so he just left it.

 

It was time for their next classes so the trio split up from there and decided to meet up after school and go to ‘that cafe’ (Jimin’s idea) to which Taehyung tried to refuse but agreed eventually because of the suspicion he would have raised. He would get Jimin back later for this.

 

Taehyung’s last classes went by rather quickly and it was already time to go home. He waited outside the cafe for Jimin and Jisoo so that when he entered, their presences would stop Jin’s presence from overwhelming him…..if that makes any sense. Taehyung shook his head and pulled out his phone. The time read 4.10pm. He frowned and wondered why his friends were so late. He entered the cafe and took his seat at his regular spot and sighed.

 

“Hey lover boy, over here!”

 

Taehyung’s head snapped up at the familiar voice and he immediately shot the owner of the voice a glare.

 

“Don’t call me that Minhyun” He snapped back, his eyes never leaving his blonde friend.

 

“Whoah, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, what’s up your a-”

 

Taehyung looked up at Minhyun who was now obviously gaping at someone or something and he turned his head to follow Minhyun’s eyes. He scanned the room for what could possibly have shut up Minhyun for once because whatever it was, he needed it.

 

Taehyung’s eyes could only locate one thing or person that could shut up Minhyun like that which was none other than the long-haired male beauty taking orders at the counter, Choi Minki, also known as Ren by his friends.

 

Minhyun snapped himself out of his trance and looked at Taehyung with a bewildered expression which made the latter burst out into laughter. Minhyun pretended to pout at Taehyung which earned him another fit of laughter.

 

“D-don’t pout! It makes you look ugly!” Taehyung exclaimed while laughing which earned him a slap on the head from Minhyun, effectively ceasing his laughter.

 

Taehyung rubbed his head in an attempt to soothe the pain until he saw Jisoo sitting at a table with a long-haired honey blonde male. Jisoo’s expression was full of hidden affection and admiration which made Taehyung cringe. Wait, so this other guy was prioritized over Taehyung since Jisoo left him waiting outside and was talking to this other guy?

 

“I know right? Your friend’s been coming here a lot recently and it’s always with that guy” Minhyun stated.

 

“Wow, never thought of Jisoo as the relationship type” Taehyung replied, his eyes never leaving the couple sitting at the table.

 

“Didn’t look like it, now if you’ll excuse me, I have some work to get back to” Minhyun said before turning around and walked back to the counter which was where Ren was. Taehyung’s friends were so transparent.

 

“Get outta here then” he said with smirk and a wink while gesturing for him to get lost. Minhyun just rolled his eyes in response and kept walking.

 

Just then, the door opened and the sound of the bell became more audible than anything else in the room (well at least to Taehyung) which made Taehyung turn to the door immediately.

 

He suddenly felt nostalgic when Jin entered the room but this time, Jin acknowledged Taehyung’s presence with a smile and a wave which made Taehyung blush madly.

 

Jin began to walk over to the table Taehyung was seated at and Taehyung’s mind was screaming at his body to act normal but oh well, he guessed his mind and body would always be two separate entities that refused to cooperate.

 

Jin saw Taehyung reading the menu upside down and chuckled which made the latter’s head shoot up in surprise. Jin was pretty sure he was feeling déjà vu but shrugged it off.

 

“What would you like to order?” Jin asked which Taeyung replied to with a nod making Jin smile in amusement and raise an eyebrow. Taehyung was so cute.

 

Taehyung blushed again and looked down at the table in embarassment because he was just expecting Jin to ask if he wanted the usual but instead he actually got asked what he wanted. He felt like an idiot.

 

He felt Jin’s hand ruffle his hair and he looked up to see Jin laughing brightly. Taehyung’s heart flipped and he looked back down again.

 

“I’ll get you the usual then” Jin stated before walking back to the counter, giving Taehyung the okay to look back up again.

 

He let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding in and sighed heavily. When his food arrived he thanked Jin and ate his food. Instead of leaving to continue working, Jin stayed to watch Taehyung eat which was a first.

 

The latter ate in awkward silence, not really sure what to say while Jin was staring like that time in the restaurant. Taehyung avoided eye contact and ate his food without acknowledging Jin’s presence which made Jin pout. Taehyung saw it through the corner of his eye and wanted to either smile and acknowledge Jin’s presence or burst out in laughter because 1. It was just too cute to ignore and 2. It was better than Minhyun’s excuse for a pout.

 

Taehyung decided to go with the former and he looked up at Jin and flashed an awkward smile before greeting him.

 

“Hi” he said timidly to which Jin replied with a hum and a smile. Taehyung frowned internally because normally he was the one in lala land not the other way around.

 

Jin was now laying on his folded arms staring at Taehyung as if he were the most interesting thing in the world which made him shift uncomfortably in his seat.

 

“I think I really like you Taehyung” He muttered dreamily before realizing what he just said. Jin shot up from his seat and Taehyung went as stiff as a boars as they both looked at each other with widened eyes.


“I think I love you too Jin” Taehyung’s hands flew to his mouth as he turned fifty different shades of red, each one deeper than the last. Whoops not whoops. Sorry not sorry. It slipped.