Chapter Eight

Raindrops of the Winter

Yoona opened up her eyes and saw herself in her present world again. And while she was about to run to her university, she realized that today was Saturday and she turned to her condo instead. And when she arrived, there's a car just came too.

"Yoona"

It was Sooyoung, her best friend. It's weekend, so she always visits her. Both of them arrived Yoona's room and Sooyoung just dropped herself on the bed. Yoona chuckled. Sleeping wasn't necessary for her anymore.

"What should we do today? Any special plan?"
"Do you know... how to dance?"
"Huh?!" Sooyoung suddenly got up to sit looking at her best friend like she was a monster, "did you take wrong medicine? Why do you suddenly want to dance?"
"I... just practice."

Yoona replied and couldn't stop smiling. Sooyoung lifted up her eyebrow and looked closer to Yoona from left to right trying to find something. Yoona tended to get mad, but she still smiling.

"You're full of doubts. Your attitude... it's like..."
"Like what!" Yoona tended to get so bored of her friend.
Sooyoung opened her eyes widely and talked with loud voice, "like you have a secret lover."
"Hah!!" Yoona surprised, "you're crazy."
Sooyoung blinked, "Uhm, guess you're right. How can it be when your boyfriend is that perfect."

...Her heart dropped. Like it was floating to moon and suddenly fall down on the ground.

"Hey, but if you really have, don't forget to tell me... you can trust me a hundred percent."

Sooyoung came closer to Yoona again feeling curious. And Yoona was just awkward, she didn't know if she should cry or laugh. She just looked at those tall buildings from her window.

"Only a person from a dream."
"How is it a person from a dream?"
"You just sleep and dream about him every night... and you just couldn't help to fall in his love every time you see him."
Sooyoung laughed, "Wow, so romantic. And what kind of person he is?"

Yoona smiled every time she thought about that guy. It felt like she had wings to fly up to the sky or addicted to a drug.
"He... he's the type that gets what he wants, like a kid, he has a bad mouth, has so much confident that we just feel so fed up, but seems like there's nothing impossible for him. Like, he just opens up his hand and the whole world is in there..."
"Wow!" Sooyoung closed her eyes and imagined, "and he is so good looking and... always shows up whenever we needs help, always protects us."
Yoona giggled, "how did you know?"
"Uhm! Anyone can imagine this. This kind of guy is really attractive, who wouldn't fall for? But it only exists in dream. If it comes true, then it'll be so good."

Yoona stayed calm biting her lips... right, no matter what... the two worlds are in a parallel line divided by a timeline... he is a person in a dream... and how much longer will that dream continue?

It already hurt by just thinking...

Yoona forced herself to smile, she didn't want to think any further. Just the time they were together, it's the most beautiful memories.

"Let's dance together"

Here Without You by 3 Doors Down was played. Yoona grabbed Sooyoung to dance slowly together. She looked beyond her friend's shoulder and saw a photo of Taehyun and her smiling with the white snow at the background. It was at Niseko- the first place they went together.

She looked at the drawer below which knew clearly, there were many letters from Taehyun including the last birthday card that Taehyun wrote shortly in his style.

Happy Birthday
This year, I wish for your happiness. Do you know? It's so hard to write a wish for you because you have almost everything. But at least, what you need is love. I love you, Yoona.

'...I'm not asking for much in this lifetime, I only want to grow old with you'

She became teary. She closed her eyes and let those tears fell down soaking up her cheeks.

♬ ~A hundred days have made me older
Since the last time that I saw your pretty face

A thousand lies have made me colder ~
And I don't think I can look at this the same
But all the miles that seperate
♬♪
~ Disappear now when I'm dreaming of your face

I'm here without you, baby
♬~♪ But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you, baby

And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you, baby
♪ ~
~But you're still with me in my dream

For now, we just want to forget everything. The past, the future, the pain... How many times we have followed the way our hearts want?

And tonight it's only you and me~

- - - - -

And for half a day, she's been imagining what would the party of Norae University be like. And when she saw the real situation, she still couldn't help but surprised.

It was decorated by red flowers. Every student has worn their unique outfits. Some dressed like angels, some like monsters, and some just cosplayed their favorite characters from the story tale.

Yoona couldn't help to feel sick when she knew everyone was giving a look at her. She felt nevrous, thinking if there's something wrong with the dress she chose to wear today.

Guess she didn't know that no one could compare to her angel-like beauty in this ballroom. Her mid-length bronze hair that was blown. Her eyes round like pearls sparkled. Peach soften lips. Her whitening skin in an antique white sleeveless dress.

As she was wandering, her breath stopped when she saw someone.

His pale face was covered half of it by a golden mask. His dark eye was so sharp like he wanted to explore to the deepest secret of everyone. His black suit hidden something mysterious...  Including his white hair that she never forgot.

...the hunter!...

In a blink she was gawking, he suddenly disappeared from hundred of eyesights. Yoona looked around but she still couldn't find him.

...or did I confused?

She tried to tell herself that... even though in the other side of the feelings, she couldn't stop worrying... the picture of him was clearer than an illusion.

Many kiosks were displayed for everyone to play mini games and tables for food and drinks in the hall of the party. Yoona walked around slowly, and an old building which wasn't so far from the party hall caught her eyes. It had a silver Jesus cross in front of it and it resembled to a church.

Because the party was held behind the university she never came, she couldn't think there's a church around here.

She decided to enter the church. The dust covered the angel decoration on the white door- she pushed it. And once she entered, she felt weird as it was really dark. And once the door was closed, the loud music outside was suddenly turned silent. The gleams from the candles have started to rised up without anyone lighting them up. Yoona looked at the arts on the wall that hung up around the church.

The first picture was a little girl in a field full of white flowers. She could feel its pureness.

She continued to the second picture. The same little girl was sitting swinging in the same field. There was a man in black suit giving her a bouquet of red roses. Her eyes were innocence, and the man's eyes were mysterious and attractive in the same time.

The third picture, the man was disappeared and the little girl was sitting alone smelling the red roses happily.

The fourth picture, the red roses bloomed bigger and became a knot tighten her body. The fluffly white dress soaked up with blood, but her expression didn't show the pain, but it showed the inner sweetness like she has fallen in the world of dream instead.

The fifth picture, the sky became scary dark, and the girl's body were tied by roses knot- fell from the sky.

And the last picture, her dress turned to red blood. Her innocence eyes turned gray and the background was the fire and abandoned broken building. It was mysterious and scary.

Yoona felt goosebump. She turned away and walked forward further. The blurry gleam of the candles shined to let her see a sculpture of a beautiful girl. She had the red blood shines and she was sitting on a delicate throne like a queen. Even though she was tightly wrapped by a roses knot, and her gray eyes looked indifferent, like she didn't care about anything, but Yoona could feel her inner melancholy and loneliness... she believed that this angel sculpture was the same person from the girl in the pictures.

"Fallen Angel"

Yoona surprised when a hoarsely voice was echoed behind her back. And when she turned around, she saw someone which she wished not to meet again.

In the dark, his chocolate face and his white hair were enigmas. His eyes squeezed her until she couldn't breathe. Yoona felt like she lost her conscious, her brain was empty and she couldn't move and she even forgot she could become invisible.

'The Hunter' could see how she felt. He smiled like he's satisfied, but it didn't make Yoona feel better.

"Are you scare?"

He lifted her chin up. That touch was cold like it's not the touch of human.

"Don't worry, I promise I won't hurt you today."

If anyone trust what the devil has said, she would laugh and blamed them for their silliness. But right now, she has believed in the promise of this 'devil'.

"Do you know about the story of these pictures?"

Yoona shook her head, she still couldn't say anything.

The white hair guy smiled and he grabbed her shoulders and turned her around to look at another wall before hugged her from behind slowly and whispered into her ears:
"That innocent angel was fooled by the red roses... and she fell to the evil land."

She felt his cold breath on her neck. It was highly aromatic and dangerous but it's pretty attractive, she's trembling until she couldn't deny that her body has responded to this feeling... in a positive way.

"Do you know... what's the scariest fact of red rose?"
"..."
"You never know... you're falling down."