Chapter Five

Raindrops of the Winter

A very old point of view has spoken that the feeling that we have before our body lost its conscious is the star that leads us to hell or heaven. Yoona opened her eyes slowly believing she's waking up in heaven.

Fluffy mists were all around her, she felt its coldness on the tip of her fingers. She was asleep in a meadow, but she smelled fragrance breeze of flowers from somewhere. The atmostphere around her was really fresh... but the most significant was the picture in front of her... that pair of black eyes.

...dreaming...

While Yoona stared into those charming eyes, his lips lifted up a bit, tender touches, he caressed her smooth hair.

"Are you awake, sleepy head?"
"..."

She couldn't say anything when she knew she was sleeping on his laps... This second was beautiful and sweet more than you think. Jiyong helped her get up, even he didn't say anything but his action showed worries.
"Are you okay now?"
"What happened?"
"Taeyeon fooled you to enter the delusional door."
"Delusional door?"
Jiyong noded, "How can I explain you- uhm, delusional door is a dangerous land of the Maribuz. A land which is told to the passengers to be careful not to passing through."
"So it means..." Yoona looked around, "we're there now?"
"Yes,"
"And... have you ever come here?"
Jiyong shook his head, "No one is stupid enough to come here. This place is just like a pandora box, nobody knows what will happen."
"You're making me scare," said Yoona sadly, "more than that, I even made you here to suffer with me."
"It's alright, I will just revenge you later."

Jiyong got up and pulled Yoona's hand to get up too. They looked around the meadow, it didn't even look dangerous.
"Let's go!" said Jiyong and he hold her hand. Yoona smiled a bit before hid it at the moment she found herself trembled for him again.

They walked together for awhile, the sky suddenly changed to gray, the meadow disappeared and turned to broken abandoned building that had only the vapor of the death. Yoona looked on the ground, the bones were poured over by dark red blood and it spreaded all over the path. The bad smell of the blood made her wanna puke... It's the most horrified scenes she's ever seen. It's like this place was gathering wildness, viciousness and extinguishment to keep.

Yoona's body was shaking before she bended down and finally puked.
"Be concentrate," said Jiyong, "All these pictures are just illusions."
"..."
Even it's true, but it's really realistic... she kept puking. Both the smells and the scenes made her felt like she's in a battlefield full of dead bodies.

"Everything has concretes and incorperealities. Concretes are something that make our sights see, incorperealities are feelings. All these scenes are concretes of loneliness and detest. Fear is incorperealities."

Yoona tried to calm down her mind as she listened to Jiyong slowly, then she started feeling better. Suddenly the pictures of battlefield changed to kids' playground and there were little kids playing... it was really cute until Yoona wanted to pinch one of the little boy's cheek.
"Don't..." Jiyong warned before Yoona reached the little boy, "it's the same thing. These kids are just concretes and what you wanted to do is incorperealities."

Yoona stayed calm and considered, then the scene changed again... a place where she knew very clearly. A two-floors villa, bungalow stairs, and when she looked up, she saw her mom standing at the porch looking at her and Jiyong.

...mom...

Nostalgia started to control over her until she became teary, but she tried to stop this feeling.
"Don't fight against it. Concretes and incorperealities are what you can't control. What we can do is to accept."
Yoona noded while her tears fell... She's missing while she knew it's just an incorpereality.

And then, it disappeared like a light contact switches on and off and on and off.

...many scenes kept on happening to fool but every time she realized, it's gone.

...love, nostalgia, madness, hate, in the end, nothing is precise. Everything is always extinguish, but the importances were places and times that it happened- how people repay it and how it repay in life.

...every concrete and incorpereality change every second. But if we knew about it, we wouldn't lose and fall to its maneuver and not let it controls over our lives anymore...

Yoona smiled, within the second of how she understood, it feels it's more important than the long walk they survived.

"We passed," said Jiyong and he smiled when they arrived a new land. Yoona looked at the white flowers in front of her, she smelled its pure smell and it's the reward for the survivors from the delusional door.

Hundreds of musical notes fell from the sky just like rain- sprinkled on them and absorb into their bodies.

She smiled, finally they found more than 20 musical notes. Jiyong smiled a little, like he wasn't excited for what he's just got. And that's his strong confidence.
"How come you're so clever?"
"I don't know. Sometimes, I also get bored with my genius mind."

"-____-"


Behind the gate of flowers, there's a pebbling path and wooden houses, resembled to a village in story tale where people walked around and they smiled brightly like nothing could bother them in this world. Their skins shined, Yoona realized they were souls, not humans.

"Welcome here, passengers."

Yoona looked at the owner of the voice. She's the little girl with mid-length brown hair. Her eyes looked at her in a friendly way.

"Ah, hello"
"Are you lost?" the little girl smiled and asked.
"I guess, but... what is this place?"
"Promise land," the little girl replied shortly with glistening eyes, "The land where it gathers all the promises... both complete and divide."

Yoona noded though she didn't understand. The little kid pointed to a white path at the left.
"If you walk pass this path, you will see the way back to your place."
"And what would it happen if I wouldn't leave here?" Yoona doubted, "Look like many people are living here."
"You can't contact with them," she replied with a smile, "unless you have a promise with them."
"Does it mean we have a promise together?"

The little girl smiled softly and didn't answer, she looked at the white path again before spoke up:
"When you leave here, you might being disturbed by past pictures or future ones. Try to concentrate and get through it," then she turned back and walked away, but within a few steps, she turned back, "My name is Anna. We might meet in the future." She disappeared as she's done talking.

"Anna..." Yoona blinked and repeated before turned to Jiyong.

It looked like he didn't hear any of the conversation between her and Anna from the beginning. He looked delirious.

"Jiyong, what's wrong?"
"...nothing," he shook his head, but his eyes were still at where he has been looking at, like he's seen someone he knew.
"Let's walk to that white path, I don't know how long we're gonna stuck in here, I don't wanna go home late."

He noded before both of them walked into the sparkle path. As they walked further, their bodies touched that white light, it made them felt like they were soaked up in immortal pond.

As they got closer to the end of the path, Yoona saw the sky turned red and the clouds floating all over. She stepped forward slowly thinking this is the border between Maribuz and Promise land.

But suddenly, she felt the changes everywhere in her . She saw million of pictures were moving very fast and her ears heard only the sound of the strong wind... The hardness she felt under her feet made her feel like she's standing on the bridge. Meanwhile, she felt the cold drops of water on her cheeks, she couldn't think if they were raindrops or tears... the loneliness floated into her heart.

...the pain which hurt more than anything...

The coldness couldn't do anything on her, her nerves were all numb, couldn't recieve any feelings no more, every limb seem to stop working- left only a body without a soul and even the death couldn't force because the sadness has eaten until the soul has disappeared.

"Saebyuk!"

The loud voice of Jiyong pulled Yoona from being frozen. He was shaking her body strongly.

Both of her eyes tried to open and her cheeks soaked up with tears.
"Saebyuk, are you alright?"
He embraced her. Her cheek touched his strong chest... the pain's gone... only fear is left.

...what is this feeling?...

'When you leave here, you might being disturbed by past pictures or future ones. Try to concentrate and get through it'

...past... or future...?

"Saebyuk, talk to me!!" He looked at her who was trembling, "are you scare? It's okay! It's alright! I'm right here, nothing will ever happen on you, I promise."
He tighten the hug, like he wanted to tell that his promise was real. The warmth started to chase out her fears. She noded.

...true, if you're with me... I won't ever get scare...

Yoona and Jiyong showed up again in the music garden. The shady sky told them it's evening. Nobody else was in the garden except the couple. Yoona looked at her watch and started to worry about going back to her present world.

"It's almost dark, let me walk you home." Jiyong asked about this again and it's what scared Yoona... if her house was around here, she would be so happy.
"It's okay, I can go alone."
"Why?" She knew he hated ignorance, she guessed no one has ignored him before.
"Er... my family conceites. If I went home with a guy, I might have a problem."
"I will just come back when it's close to your house."
"Maybe next time, I beg you," Yoona blinked. Jiyong looked at her innocent face, and he just couldn't get mad by that.
"Okay," he chuckled, "you like to do strange things."
He messed her hair and she chuckled too.

"I guess we should thank Taeyeon."
"What? When we were almost die because of her?"
"Don't you know? Our powers have improved,"
"Really?" Yoona couldn't believe because she didn't feel anything special.

Until she looked at her left hand and saw a blue fire appeared.
"It's true!" Yoona smiled happily, "How is it possible?"
"The unsettled is a part of the heart of music, sounds like an easy thing but hard to understand."

Both of them almost arrived the bridge, Yoona felt bad... she didn't want to go back.
"You can just stop here, see you tomorrow."
Finally, she decided to speak up. He kept staring at her, his eyes showed nostalgic.
"Okay, see ya... sweet dream."
"Uhm, sweet dream."
Yoona replied as she blushed and guessed the guy has seen the changes of her face because he smiled brightly- made her shy even more.

...Maribuz, the land of where impossible things are possible, right?... Guess her life is getting complicated now...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

Hey guys, I'm back! My English is really bad :( I hope the words I used for my imagination won't be too hard for you guys to understand and imagine the similar thing to me. Thank you guys very much for supporting! I'm cheered up! Btw, can you guess who is Anna? Hint, she's from Girls' Generation ;) if you know, then shhhh!! xD lol thank you so much again, waiting for next chapter <3