Chapter Three

Raindrops of the Winter

Maribuz was a beautiful city just like in fairy tales. Yoona couldn't believe her own eyes that all these beautiful views were real and were able to touch.

A road that unroll nicely. Along the way, there were big trees, some with green leaves, some with red, some yellow and some brown because it's winter so the weather was cold, but it was very fresh. Houses, stores were built resembled ancient modern in 1900s method so they were really attractive.

Jiyong led Yoona to a lovely cafe located in a big park full of white pigeons. There were several tables and chairs around there. Yoona ordered hot cuppucino with cream, it smelled good and tasted bittersweet.

She sipped the cup a little bit, feeling the cream on her lips while staring the one who was in front of her. He was sipping expresso quietly. Everything about him was just like a fairy tale prince. Perfection.

Yoona noticed her unusual feelings... trembling... fluttering... always stealing glancing at him... This is un-trust-able. Instead of finding the last missing note, guess she might have lost her heart then.

...stupid...

And when she woke up from her thought, she blamed herself in her mind... Don't be like you have never seen a guy, you have a boyfriend. she thought.

"Do you like it?"
"...yes" she replied delirously. She wasn't sure if it's for the city, coffee or the person.
"It has been said from one to another, nobody who has come to Maribuz and not fall in love with it," said Jiyong, "Although it's winter, but in fact, this city is actually name 'Four Seasons.' Sometimes, the sky is clear in the morning, rain in the afternoon and cold in the evening. This city is full of lives and nature."
Jiyoung paused before looked into her eyes and continued with a smile, "Just like you, do you think so?"

...!!!...

Yoona wanted to hide her face under the table because she knew it's so red right now. She looked away automatically. She tried to hide her shy-ness, but seems like the more she hid, the more it showed.

"So sweet," said Yoona when she tasted a strange sugar cookie and had cream in the middle of it. He told her that it's the cookie of the Maribuz... But in fact, the 'sweet' that she said was actually mean for the person.
"It can't be found somewhere else," Jiyong told and smiled again, like he knew the meaning of 'sweet', and just like he said, a guy like him is really couldn't be found somewhere else.

Yoona bit her lips smiling and looked at the pigeons flying.

"How long you've been here?"
"About a year, my homeland is at Bethoriz. How bout you? What made you travel this far alone?"

...if he knew how far it was- like from a different world, he might get shock...

The light breeze touched her skin made her feel fresh enough to tell all about her stories to a guy whom she just met for less than 24 hours.  

"I'm so stupid after all," she laughed a bit, "I have everything at my homeland. Wealth, fame, no difficulties in living, but it sounds boring... Sometimes, maybe, I'm coming here to find the true meaning of life."

The side face of the girl who was looking at the sky has shown a beautiful desire... She didn't know how deep this get into his heart.

"As a musician?"
"Why are you asking so strange," she laughed, "if not, I won't come to study here."
"There's no need so. Some people just come to study here to feel relaxed, some study because they have another will."
"Another will?"
"Yes! Music is magic. Like in the legend has narrated that whoever can control the little things like music notes, they are able to control other things too. Every magician in story tale was all practiced their power by playing musics, except those lineages of magician called, 'Master', they transfer magic to their successor in family line, but they are really rare to find."

...so weird... this place had magicians too? And did it have those animals in fairy tale like pegasus or elf too?

"Why do you act like you never know this normal story?"

The black eyes were looking at her having doubt again. Yoona turned away... so this is the most normal story, right?

"Er... I just lost some memory," the worst lie ever, but it's better to let him had doubts on her, "My mom told me I was fell from the stair and bumped my head on the floor."
She bit her lips when she saw the sharp eyes like a prince which were attractive like a demon- seems to not believe her lame excuse.
"But have you ever seen a magician?" She quickly changed the subject.
"No"
"Oh."
"Usually, those people who have passed to become a magician doesn't use their power carelessly. And the masters also like being in secret places. Those who know a little magic, we don't call them magicians, and all the magics have their rules and limit... And they need equally exchange."
"It sounds creepy. I'd rather play music peacefully."
"I don't think so"
"So you come here for magic?"

...Actually, it wouldn't be strange, he didn't look like a musician anyway, he was more like a big brother of the gangsters in movie.

His arrogrant-like lip lifted up, full of pride.
"I just want to try... Everyone knows, be able to use magic is the end of success, so I think I should get it."

...he was so full of himself... -,.-

"How bout you? Only play music?"
"No, actually, I also compose."
"What genre?"
"Romantic," she blushed.
"Nice," he chuckled, "maybe I need you to teach me some."
"What?" Yoona looked at him because she couldn't hear him clearly.

Jiyong smiled brightly. He made an eye contact with her, until she felt something was strangling her, followed by the sweetness. Her heart bloomed and she couldn't stop this feeling when he repeated slowly and clearly that:
"I said, one day, can you teach me about love?"

...it's enough, stupid man! He knew how dangerous his eyes were and he used them to attract her.

The sun was going down, only the shadows of a couple who were walking by the river that remains. The world's color was turning to gold because of the light of the sunset. The light breeze made her bronze hair moved around her face. Yoona loved this feeling. She felt the beauty until her heart skipped a beat, and she's not sure if it's because of the place or the guy who was walking beside her.

"Let me walk you home,"

What Jiyong said made Yoona woke up from her thoughts. How could? ...she still didn't know how to go home.

"It's okay,"
"Why?" he disappointed.
"... because... it isn't far, I  can go alone"

While she was thinking of a good excuses, suddenly she heard the sound of that music box lightly once again... the sound that led her to this dreamland.
"Sorry, I gotta go"
"Hey! Wait!"
Yoona ran away without caring about Jiyong... even though she's scared he might get mad, but she's scared that she couldn't go back to her home more.

...and that sound has led her to a curve bridge crossing over a river...

The luxury bridge was pure white, decorating by a couple of line of old keys along. The other side was another city... but her sense told her that it would lead her to her world.

Yoona decided to walk across it slowly, by the rhythm of the invisible music box.

......!!!......

She opened her eyes and saw herself standing in the cottage. The light of sun that shined through the window told her this was morning.

...so it mean she went into that world for a whole night...

She didn't feel sleepy, instead, she felt bright and clear, like she just woke up from a sweet dream. She looked at the necklace on her own neck which was still there. The old clock and gold key sparkled, like it tried to remind her of the sweet dream she just came from. The tick tock of the clock said it was 6 in the evening at the dreamland.

...did she dream about it or it really happened?

Yoona still not sure. Did this kind of thing really exist? She need to go to the university to find out.


 

Yoona went to change her clothes at the condo and went to the university like always. Everything was still the same, including the noise of the crowd, friendly smiles of friends and the bench under the trees that she liked to relax there.

"Hey, Yoona," Sooyoung called her from afar, waving her arms from that bench so Yoona went there too.

"Hey, you look prettier, what did you do?" Sooyoung looked closer to Yoona's face.
Yoona pushed her face away and talked to hide her shy-ness:
"Did you eat something wrong?"
"I'm not joking. Your face is look like a girl who just fell in love. So fresh and bright."
"Stupid!" Her heart beat fast and couldn't help thinking about the owner of the sharp black eyes.

"Anyway, did you go anywhere yesterday? I went to find you at your condo but the staff said you weren't there."
"Oh~ maybe I went to have dinner?"
"It was 8PM, girl, why so late? With Taehyun?" Sooyoung complained, "I finish my practiced and wanted to talk to you."
"You're also late... Emm, by the way, it just have passed a day, isn't it?"
"What?" Sooyoung chuckled, "My best friend is going crazy... Look! Whose boyfriend is coming."

And when Yoona looked at where Sooyoung gave her eyes to- she saw Taehyun walking in with a sad expression. Sooyoung shrugged giving a sign she didn't want to bother the couple, before said hello to Taehyun and went away.

"Yoong, why did your phone have no service last night? I couldn't reach you." His voice was as sad as his face. Yoona surprised, why did everyone want to talk to her altogether last night.
"I slept early, sorry."
"...Oh," he noded, "actually, I was worried. I thought you were mad or something wrong happened. I wanted to go to your place, but I feared, I know when you're mad, you don't want anyone to be around..."
"There's nothing to worry about."
"Why do you look so strange today? Seems like you're surprise and scare."

This question surprised her again, like a child done something wrong and scared that it would get caught. She turned away and said:
"Nothing."
"Really? It's good then, sorry for being worried too much."
That soft voice showed disappointment clearly, made her started to feel bad for him.
"I'm sorry, I don't know why today I'm not in good mood."
"It's alright, if you have anything, just tell me, don't hide it alone."

...Taehyun was still modest and she just could take a deep breath. She turned to look at him for minutes before continue talking:
"Taehyun... Do you believe in secret world? A world that has another 'ourselves' there in another way, another place in another world full of magic and unbelievable stories."
"Are you reading a new fiction?" He viewed it in a different way, "Uhm, I like reading science news more. You know, last night at a science institute, they found a new kind of medicine, it was..."

Yoona cut out this conversation. She and Taehyun were always like this... They were like people who spoke different languages. The connection in their minds were never the same... although he was a good guy.

Yoona spent her time in class with delirious feeling, again. What teacher said has entered her right ear and left at the left one, nothing was impressed her. Right now, she only thought about Maribuz, the beautiful and unbelievable land of dreams.

And when the bell rang to end the school, she was rushed to that cottage without saying goodbye even to her best friend, Sooyoung.