Chapter Seven

Raindrops of the Winter

The sound of her footsteps rumbling loudly. Yoona felt bad, she wanted to run lighter but she thought the speed was more important. In the darkness, she didn't know where did she run to, she sensed that the danger was getting near. She thought that guy was a vicious soul chasing her from behind.

"Saebyuk."
A voice echoed from somewhere in the dark. Yoona realized that it's voice which woke her from deliriously feeling awhile ago... it sounded similar, she used it hear this voice somewhere.

"Saebyuk, this way."

She didn't think much, and followed the voice. Suddenly, the light glowed as a circle around her and she saw a little girl wearing white dress with brown mid-length hair.

"Anna!"

The voice that she heard was Anna's, the mystery kid she met at the promise land.

Anna smiled and noded.
"Yes! I guess we have met faster than I thought."

Yoona looked at the light that surrounded her- worrying that it would lead that guy to see her, he's like a hunter.
"Don't worry, Saebyuk. Only me and you can see this light," said Anna like she could read Saebyuk's mind.
Yoona turned to look at the little girl again, she didn't know what to say and Anna smiled.
"I understand, are you escaping from that hunter?"
"How could you know?"
"Don't ask me now, my power can cover you from him for only several minutes, after that... you have to protect yourself yourself."
Yoona touched her own forehead shaking, "I don't know what to do."
"You need power."
"Power?"
The little girl noded and her eyes sparkled.
"But you don't have that kind of special power. Your music power is only at blue stage... You can get the power by exchanging it with something... promise knot of Aeriet."
"Exchange with something?"
Anna noded again.
"It's the bali in the legend which was lost since 2000 years ago. If you decide to make a promise, repeat my resolution."

Yoona was gawking. In the situation which had no choice, and this girl seems to have only one solution.
"Okay, but... what do I need to exchange?"
"The divine messenger of Aeriet will tell you... repeat me."

Anna chanted a bali that Yoona didn't understand, she was gawking for while, wondering why she has to trust this child. A word of 'promise' was really scary, even her feelings told her this child had no bad will.

Yoona decided to repeat Anna until the end, suddenly, a small light popped up, it moved up and down, and then a lady appeared within the light. She had a pair of wings, one white and one black. Yoona thought that was the mark to recognize an angel.

"Is it you who want to make a promise with me?" The angel asked Yoona.
Yoona noded. The angel put her hand on Yoona's head and fluffy light appeared.

"You're the star that come from two worlds. You can become invisible once in a day, and it exchanges with the night of this world."
"The night of this world," Yoona repeated although she didn't really understand.
"You can stay here until sunset. If you stay longer, your body will become invisible, nobody will see you again, except the last person who was with you and whoever has a promise with you. More than that, you can't go back to your own world anymore."

...that means I have to go back to my world before the sun sets...
it doesn't sound difficult, especially I can be invisible whenever I want... this promise shouldn't be as scary as I thought.

"I agree."

The angel didn't say anything, she touched Yoona's forehead, and the white light absorbed into Yoona's body.

"Remember, you can't stay here after the sun sets."
The angel warned her for the last time before disappeared.

"We don't have much time, you need to leave here," Anna spoke up, "we will see each other again if there are chances."

Without saying goodbye, Anna has disappeared too. Yoona didn't have much time to think, because she heard the sound of footsteps were getting closer.

Yoona closed her eyes and prayed for herself to leave this museum.

!!!

As she felt the light breeze passing through her body, she opened up her eyes and saw herself standing in front of the museum with people passing by. And the sun started to go down slowly, she hadn't seen Jiyong.

...should I go in to find him?...

Yoona looked at the museum's entrance again, but because of the promise knot, she didn't have much time left. Yoona decided to run to the bridge to travel back to her world.

- - - - -

...Just a traveller who's got nowhere to go ♩ ♬ ~
♬ ~Passing by a lot of people without saying hello
Nobody could ever chase away my loneliness that grows.

♩ ~...The first day that our eyes met
You're like a prince from outset
♩ ♬ ~
Your smile, your laugh
I know... you're the one I've been waiting for
The clock has stopped since yore
At our place,
♩ ♬ ~
♬ ~ love has hold my hand to write a song

Yoona ended the short melody that passed through her brain by the soft sound of the piano. And it reminded her of Maribuz.

...or sometimes... it's not because of the fairy tale-like city, but because of that pair of sharp eyes... that she just couldn't stop thinking of.

"Very beautiful,"

Admiration came from the one who was listening on the sofa, Yoona smiled at him who was now walking to her white piano... and his eyes sparkled.
"Yoona, do you have anything in your heart?"

Her heart was dropped with that question, she knew she couldn't answer this question for her boyfriend.
"Nothing."
He hold her hand. The softness and warmth that she always knew, she felt very wrong. And both of his eyes had the rays of melancholy like he knew the changes of his little beloved girl.

"No matter what happens, you know, right? That I'm yours, and I will always be here for you."
Yoona felt the heat and water came up to her eyes, she couldn't look at him.
"Why are you suddenly say like this?"
"I know, sometimes I couldn't understand you, and you... also don't like to talk much, but I just wanna let you know that I'm always ready to help you... I'm not asking for much in this lifetime, I only want to grow old with you."

Yoona felt the hardness inside , she felt tightness in her chest like someone was squeezing her heart... her lips lifted a bit like she wanted to say something, but in the end, she decided to stay quiet.

She looked at the window, she looked at the white clouds and blue sky.
"Taehyun... do you know? Sometimes... it rains in winter."
"?"
She smiled sadly.
"Who knows? Impossible things... always happen."

- - - - -

Yoona came back to Maribuz again and right now it was time for everyone to show their talents and the song they were told to wrote yesterday. The show was held in a very big hall. Every student need to perform on the stage and if any female and male student have satisfied the judge the most, they would be name as Queen and King who would be the leaders of all students for a whole year.

When Yoona stepped in the hall, everyone was already here in front of the stage. Yoona's arrival caused everyone to look at her because she was late. She looked at the stage and saw Taeyeon was walking down the stage proudly like she knew she would get the Queen position.

The teacher was the judge, he said:
"Saebyuk, you really come on time. It's your turn."

...What...

Yoona gawked, because she haven't get ready. She walked up the stage wondering, and meanwhile she saw teasing eyes of Taeyeon.

There was a big piano on the stage for her. Yoona came to sit and took a deep breath. She looked at all the students, and suddenly made an eye contact with a pair of black eyes hypnotizing her heartbeat. He looked cold... guess he was still mad as she didn't say goodbye yesterday.

Her fingers pressing on the piano's keys without knowing and the beautiful melody echoed all over the hall.

Seems like her piano sound was input with many odors of flowers, including innocence of daisies, hotness of roses, softness of lavenders and gorgeousness of carnation mixed together- serenading everyone's feelings to the deepest of their dreams. Meanwhile you're crazy with the beautiful innocence, you could sense the fear inside your heart, afraid that the attractiveness would extinguish in any second.

...that's the feeling of first love...

Yoona started to sing... while she couldn't take her eyes off him.

~ ♪ ♫ Pink carnation is in a vase in my bedroom
You know I'll never forget you

Primrose is on my window
You know I can't live without you
All I want is nothing, ~

But a bouquet of orange blossom and eternal love in your hand ~ ♪ ♫

Her song was really short because she still couldn't finish it. Even though it didn't have any special points, but that short lyrics and the melody hid the best meaning.

Once the sound of piano has stopped, everyone's feelings were stolen. Yoona couldn't feel anything except that pair of black eyes she couldn't predict what's it about.

Until she went off the stage, Seungri admired her.
"Amazing, Saebyuk! Guess Taeyeon really needs to challenge harder."
"Really?" Yoona has just woke up from hypnotize.
"Yeah, of course. And that's the reason why Taeyeon doesn't like you other than Jiyong's. You have another scary gift from heaven."
"Jiyong's?"
"Haha!" Seungri moved closer to whisper in Yoona's ear, "Taeyeon is crush on Jiyong but Jiyong never looks at her, and look at another girl instead... And I really wonder about your melody, what pushed you to write that song?"
"Well..."
"When a girl is falling in love, it's not hard to see."

She started to blush and tried to avoid the cute eyesights which were laughing of Seungri.
"Look at the stage, it's Jiyong's turn."
Yoona blushed even harder, but she couldn't not looking at the stage. Jiyong walked on the stage, he's looking so good. If all the girls here were judges, they would give the King position to him without performing. Seems like that serious good-looking face was there to recieve an award, and not to challenge.

The sound of guitar started to echo. His orange hair hid half of his face, his eyes were bravery, he looked at everyone like he wanted to kill every girl there.

The Venus I'm travelling to
The garden I'm standing looking at you
♪ ♫ ~
~Hey, baby boo, what you're waiting for
Don't worry, I won't make your heart soar ~

♪ ♫ ~I make a fire on the ice
I kiss you and forget the time
♫♡
εïз The fear inside is just nothing
Follow me, I'll take you to spring
╰☆╮♪

Yoona wasn't sure if she still alive or not, she couldn't know if she's breathing or not... He looked at her like he wanted to kill her now.

Oh~ baby, you didn't look satisfy
This garden is really a lie
♫ ~
But no matter what, I'll listen to your story
♪ ♫ ~And after that, it's my turn, baby
Just close your eyes and get ready
εïз

♩ ♬ I make a fire on the ice
I kiss you and forget the time
♪ღ
The fear inside is just nothing ♪ ♫ ~
♥♡ Follow me, I'll take you to spring
...Hey, girl, do you wanna go with me?
❀ ♪

His song was irritated, full of sweetness and the danger vapor buried inside. But Yoona agreed to go with its beat, she couldn't take her eyes off him.

...Hey, girl, do you wanna go with me?

As the song has ended, that question was still echoed in her brain. This is really cruel! Was this a revenge for not saying goodbye yesterday?

The other students that left went to perform one by one, and that didn't stay in Yoona's interest. She looked at Jiyong who was walking to his seat. He looked at her a bit before turned to look at the stage... Yoona's heart just dropped.

When the show came to an end, the result came out. The judge claimed Yoona's name as a Queen and for a King, there's no other than Jiyong.

Everyone stood up and clapped as Yoona and Jiyong walked up to the stage. Yoona didn't even dare to look at Jiyong again. The judge wore her a flower crown and wore Jiyong a gold Jesus cross necklace.

"Tomorrow we will have a prom party of the university. You guys will be the first to dance together."

- - - - -

"Hey, are you mad?"
Yoona shouted as she ran to Jiyong who was walking really fast, not waiting for her like he always did, and he didn't wait for her or say anything like he didn't hear a thing.

"Hey!" Yoona ran exhaustedly to get to block his way. She bit her lips a bit, "I was in rush yesterday and the electricity was cut off so I need to go home."
"Who do you think I am so you made me wait for you like a fool like that?"

...if there's a phone service from Seoul to here, I'd call him...

Yoona grabbed his hand, "I'll treat you something as an apologize."
"Is it that easy?"
"Don't be like that. Where do you wanna eat? I'll treat you."

- - - - -

Finally, they made up in a cafe shop in the library. Yoona ordered coffee and some cupcakes. She took a heart shape spoon to stir the cream on the coffee before drank it and made an expression like it was really delicious. Jiyoung laughed at her for what she did was like a little child.

She saw a piece of chalk on the ground. She smiled and picked it to draw a pigeon on the window where other people has drawn some pictures too.

"What you're doing?"
"I remember the first time we had coffee, there were many cute and chubby pigeons were here."
He shook his head and chuckled, "Anyway, can you dance?"
"What are you asking?" she asked him back proudly, "you can trust in me."
"Good," he noded, "because I don't want to feel shame in front of the girls."
"Huh," Yoona fed up, "like everyone would look at you."
"Hey, those girls are all have crush on me."

...is this mean he counts me in too?...

Yoona pouted feeling very fed up on him... he's so full of himself, but it's actually true.

Suddenly, the sound of piano echoed. She thought it's from the second floor of the library, maybe someone was playing it. It's the melody to make you feel excited until your tears might come out, the melody which expressed about a blooming love, like a butterfly flying around the flowers.

She stole looking at him, and she wanted to keep this romantic time.

"What ya'doing?" Jiyong asked when he saw her took up her phone and pressed.
"Recording voice," She answered shortly... Although Maribuz didn't have service from Seoul, but the other applications still worked normally.

Jiyong grabbed the phone from Yoona and looked at it carefully.
"Weird,"

Yoona chuckled because she knew that phones here could only use to contact each other.
"We can record voice, take pictures and play games."
"Where did you get it?"
She suddenly froze, "Er... around my house!"
"Where exactly is your house?"
Yoona looked away escaping from his eyes full of doubts, and it made him has even more doubts.

!!!

He grabbed her hand and kept on talking like a child who need to have what they want.
"If I don't walk you until home today, I won't let go of your hand, just wait and see!"
"You're..." too much!

Her face started to feel the heat, she couldn't stay still and looked around- afraid that the classmate would see them.
"I'm serious, I won't let you go unless I see your house."

The sparkles in his dark eyes showed her everything he said was true. Yoona knew if he wanted to win, he would win.

...What can I do?...

- - - - -

A white curved bridge unroll under the golden sky, the water flowed slowly reflected with the ray of sun, and it glimmered. Sometimes, Yoona wondered if there were any prettier picture than the scene in front of her.

"Hey, do you believe in secret worlds in a parallel line?"
"?"
"If I told you, the world where I came from is in the other part of the equator, it's in another side of the timeline... do you believe me?"
"Are you kidding me?"
Yoona forced herself to smile before walked on the bridge. Jiyong was about to follow, but Yoona turned back to stop him.

"You stand here, if I disappear, it means I'm coming back tomorrow."
His thick hand hold her hand tightly, like a child scared a word of 'disappear'.

Yoona smiled a bit, squeezed his hand lightly before pulled it off and crossed the bridge.

The back of the most beautiful girl in his life has slowly went farther from him when she reached the middle of the bridge.
Jiyong opened his eyes widely, even he didn't want to believe this but he couldn't ignore the picture he's just seen.

Her disappearance was magical, no one would notice her presence or her absence even him... if she didn't tell anyone to watch her.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

Hey guysssss it's been long! I'm sorry :3 I was really as I'm running my own business. and the songs i wrote in this chapter have no melody at all xDD i just wrote what i can think of, and make the end of the line rhyming together :3 btw i wrote a part of this chapter a while ago , and just finished it in three days, and it's quite long for you guys to enjoy and pay back for i've been missing xD hehe~ i'm going to be busy again but i'll take time to write :D hope u guy like this chapter and continue on supporting. love you~<3