Chapter One

Raindrops of the Winter

Some people believe love is sacrifice
Some believe it is a kind of possession

Some believe it is just a joke for the fool
...but some believe it is the fate no one can escape

 

 

The sound of piano echoed from the porch, the soft light of the afternoon sun shined through the window next to the hall way- made the sky looked warm and peaceful. Somebody's aromatic scent drifted along with the breeze to someone else's nose who was walking in. A smile formed on his face, when a scent, which was like a rose, reminded him of its owner.

At the corridor, there is a wide room covered by white walls- caused the white piano, which was the only thing in the room, looked rise-up. In front of the piano was a thin girl wearing a milk colored dress with no sleeves, charmed by attractive embroidery. Her skin was as white as pearl, whoever looks at her can never take their eyes off. Her beauty eyes looked at her own fingers pressing on the piano's keys deriliously.

Suddenly, the echoes has stopped. The thin body snatched a little bit, both of her shoulders united meanwhile her eyes were close like she's just been electrified.

"Yoona," the guy quickly got her. His hands felt the sweat on her white and soft shoulders. And the big little girl breathed slowly then headed up to give a soft smile to the person who just have arrived.
"Taehyun... It's okay, I'm feeling better"
"Don't try so hard, I'm worried" said Taehyun in a low voice and she just could smiled to made up excuses:
"Taehyun, you know that it's been so long since I try to compose this song but it never finish."
"And it's just fine, Yoong, you don't have to compose, just play the universe's piano song and you're already famous."
Yoona stole taking a deep breath, she was tired that sometimes her boyfriend never understand her feelings.

In the same time, Taehyun also stole taking a deep breath. He loved her a lot, but sometimes she was just so indifferent until he felt like there's a clear crystal wall between them... All he could do is look through it and couldn't reach.

Yoona was a beautiful and famous pianist. She's from a rich family, rich that you didn't have to worry anything and there's a lot of supporters waiting for her performance. You can say that this girl's life was sprinkled by rose petals, but seems like she was finding something that he couldn't understand.

"Come! I'll take you home."

Black BMW wheels stopped in front of a condo, and while Yoona was about to get off the car, the hand of the driver suddenly grabbed her hand.
"Yoona, to be honest, have you ever think about marriage?"
She became silent at once, her head turned to make an eye contact with him.
"Why do you ask?"
"We're almost graduate, and it's a normal thing to think of."
Yoona turned away from the eyes full of hope, before answer in a low voice.
"I don't want to get married yet. I have a dream I need to achieve first."
"You have always said that," he disappointed, "you said as if after married, you can't compose a song anymore."
"I'm tired, gotta go."
She cut the conversation and got off the car quickly without caring about the voice that called out her name. And when she arrived in her room, she dropped herself onto her bed.

...why? Why did she have to escape from the marriage?... she thought

Both of the pretty eyes closed down slowly. Her mind floated away to the wedding ceremony of her friend, Dori, whom face filled with the smile of happiness when she walked with the groom arm in arm before starting the sweet kiss.

'When you meet the owner of your heart, you will know since the first second that he is the one.'

It's what Dori had said on her wedding day. When Yoona noticed this, her heart dropped into a hole.

...she never feel like that...
...Taehyun, is a good and warming guy... but he couldn't fill that feeling for her...

Her body turned before putting her arm on her forehead and looked at the ceiling... Sometimes, it was the reason why she was afraid to think about the future with her boyfriend.

She closed her eyes again. She wanted to run away from every problem, the sleepiness started to wrap up around her. It's so strange... she smelled something lightly, it's thrilling... it smelled like cherry blossom and her ears heard a sound of music box with the melody she never heard of. She felt like mist was covered her, while the arms of somebody hugged her from behind.

In that second, tears flowed from both of her eyes with the shaking feeling. It's like everything in the deepest of her heart have filled with something indescribable. It was full enough to stop her dream... and when she thought like that, it seem like thousand of melodies appear in her mind.

...ttuk!...

The sound of a falling pillow echoed while the picture from the dream has disappeared. Her body was shaking. The first second she woke up, the first feeling she felt was 'regret' for what have just lost.

Yoona put her hand on her chest when the heart was still beating fast. Her face still felt the heat.
"What a strange dream."
...Is there anyway to get into that dream? thought Yoona.

"You're stupid."
It's an insult she got when she decided to tell her friend about her dream.
"Why do you say like that?"                                                                                                                                                                                   Sooyoung Sooyoung made an expression as if she saw a monster.
"Because which normal human would think of something like that? It's 2016, it's all about science, dear, stop dreaming like a child."
Yoona bit her lips.
"But it was really amazing, you know. It's unlike this world; the sky was so clear like a clear blue crystal... Sooyoung, I wanna go there."
"Stop being delirious." Sooyoung flicked her friend's forehead, "It's impossible. It's only in movie. But for example, if you could really go there, have you ever watch movies? It exchanges you with a lot of things."
"I agree"
"Hmm!" Sooyoung took a deep breath and shook Yoona's head, "let's get back to class."

Hours of boring classes have passed along with the laziness. Yoona felt like her mind was floating away and only thought about that dream. Today Sooyoung had to go with other friends, so Yoona had to walk to her condo alone. Her brain was empty, she didn't know where did she walk to.

...What a dream to be crazy about. If we couldn't have it, it's better not to know about it... thought Yoona.

In a delirous feeling, but her ears heard the sound of music box again, the same sound that she heard in her dream. She felt agitated. She closed her eyes to listen to the music and find out where did it come from. And when she knew, she started walking quickly to the source of the sound.

...It's a quiet small street with old stone walls along. The street looked so far like it didn't have an end. Both of her legs ran and walked in the same time, passing over the foamy mud on the land, it scattered onto her shoes in every step she took. The more she ran, the longer the street was. She breathed exhaustedly, but she kept running.

...Didn't know how long, but she finally reached the end of it...
...It was a small cottage which had no attractiveness

Yoona stepped in without hesitating. The scent of old wood drifted to her nose made her felt relaxed. In the cottage had only bookshelf, a table and a chair. The thick dust on those things told her nobody was here for so long. Yoona hesitated for a second, before walking slowly to the bookshelf. Her thin hand brushed away the spider webs that covered- to see all those books.

After reading the title of those books on the bookbone, she saw that mostly, they were books about history. She gave looks around the cottage again carelessly, and suddenly something caught her eye. It was a thick book fallen on the floor. Yoona bended down and looked at it... it was a book that carved a picture of an old key on the cover. The title was 'The Last Musical Note.' She parted her hair that fell to hide her face before opened and read... The first page was torn in some edges. Guess the meaning inside might have lost some.

 

Once upon a time,
In the promised land where is on the other side of the bridge
The last musical note is lost...
You, the wanderer
Take the key and go crossing the timeline to the parallel world...

 

She turned to the next page. The sound of paper that moved caused the silence even more silent.

 

In the light and darkness,
There are the killers craving for the wanderer's breath
Avoid them with your wisdom,
Find the truth in yourself...

 

She stood up, put down that heavy book on the table to read the next pages. Meanwhile, she saw an old wood box with magnificent decor carving on the table too. Something pulled her hand to open it. Her heart beat fast again when she heard the sound that led her here, and she saw that in the box contained a gold necklace with a small key as a charm and an ancient clock which was still working, it said 5 in the morning.

...Take the key and go crossing the timeline to the parallel world...

This secret key will lead her to a world that have a harmonious equarter. And every single story would start...

In that silent room, we heard only the sound of strange music and a heartbeat. She took the necklace up and was about to wear, and then Sooyoung's voice floated into her sentiment...

'..But for example, if you could really go there, have you ever watch movies? It exchanges you with a lot of things.'

She hold her hand tightly... What would she lost after crossing that bridge?...
...but it worths it, didn't it?
Like a sound of heart screams... if she wanted to turn back right now, she would regret it for a whole life...
She bit a her lips wearing that necklace. The coldness absorbed over her body, like there's a water current ran through every cell of her skin. Suddenly, brightness started to appear before she lost her consciousness.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

I hope it isn't very bad, please let me know if you enjoy reading this first chapter. Can you guess what happen when Yoona wake up? Btw, my English isn't good ( actually bad xD), if there is something you couldn't understand (because i know i had used a lot of describing words, and it kinda makes it complicated) please tell me, i will re-write over there. if there is a better word to describe anywhere in the story, please tell me too. let me know more about words ;) owh xD thanks for reading. i hope you're looking forward to next chapter <3 see ya!