009

Knowing

Chapter 9.

I'm sinking faster and faster, between heaven and disaster. Sometimes the heart is deceiving. Can't get you out of my head.

Jaehyun went to bed that night with an uneasy feeling. Taeyong had seemed as if he didn’t tell on Jaehyun, but Doyoung had looked very certain. Jaehyun hit the bed in annoyance and abruptly to his side. Liking someone is annoying. Every ounce of your body wants to like them and tell you that they’re good and that they like you back, but being realistic Jaehyun knew Taeyong didn’t like him back and of course he wasn’t good if he would do what he did towards Jaehyun.

Jaehyun turned to lie on his back again and looked up at the stars that were slightly visible in the darkness. Jaehyun knew one thing, he was going to room with Taeyong. If he knew the world well, he knew it would always him over. So Jaehyun could just as well prepare himself for the news.

 

 

Jaehyun wasn’t prepared. “TAEYONG AND DOYOUNG?!” He exclaimed when they returned to their rooms after breakfast. Johnny was knocking his head into the wall.

  “ing Doyoung of all people.” He cursed and Ten walked over to Johnny and Jaehyun, patting their backs with a gloomy expression on his face.

  “Yuta and Jeno…” He sighed and Hansol came over to pat his back. “We’ll manage.” He told Ten before looking at Mark who was staring out the window as if he could see the other team.

  “Jinyoung and Jackson.” He said and turned around when Jaemin came inside, hurrying over to Mark and embracing him while burying his face in Mark’s neck.

  “I can’t do this! Jinyoung knocked me down at the game, I’ll die!” Jaemin sulked and Mark patted his back with wide eyes.

  “We’re not going to be able to sleep because of Jackson.”

Everyone groaned or sighed.

  “I knew this wouldn’t turn out good.” Jaehyun said and ran a hand over his face. Johnny nodded and then went over to take a seat on Mark’s bed. “I’m sleeping here.” He said and Mark nodded.

  “That’s okay, at least you’re not sleeping in the other hut.” He sighed and Ten released a long whine.

  “I’m not okay with this!”

 

 

Jaehyun glanced out of the window as if he could see Taeyong through walls of the other hut. This gave him a chance to observe Taeyong, but he also had to listen to Doyoung hating on him, as if that skinny, wide-eyed rabbit didn’t look gay at all. Jaehyun gritted his teeth; if Doyoung had tried to kiss him he had punched him.

Mark peeled Jaemin off of his body before joining Johnny on the bed. “Let’s all pray to every God in the world for help.”

Sehun stepped into the room, looking grim. “Pray some more, friends, we’re having a contest.”

Everybody looked up. “Contest?” Mark repeated.

Sehun nodded. “Each team is going to create something for the fire tonight, like some sort of entertainment or game.” Sehun rolled his eyes.

  “What?” Jaehyun asked.

  “He’s put us into two groups and of course I’m stuck with you guys again.”

  “Auch.” Ten said and covered his chest as if that had physically hurt him.

Sehun told Hansol to go to the other team and then he took seat beside Mark and Jaemin who were sitting on his bed. “I thought of charades.” Sehun piped up and Mark smiled.

  “Let’s make ourselves a fool in front of the other team!”

Jaemin giggled to himself. “How about that card kissing game.”

Johnny threw Mark’s pillow after Jaemin. “Ew, stop!”

Jaemin just hid behind Mark who was hit in the face. “Thanks.” Mark said and looked into his lap where his pillow had landed. “Charades is always fun.”

  “How about…” Ten thought hard. “Hide and seek?”

  “In the dark, you must be kidding me.” Sehun snapped and Ten stuck out his tongue at Sehun.

Jaehyun’s mind was blank, he couldn’t really think of anything. He was dreading the night so much.

  “Come on guys, are we that helpless?” Sehun asked and looked around.

Everyone nodded.

Sehun groaned.

 

 

 

They decided on charades and made a lot of paper scraps while trying to stop Jaehyun from writing ‘An ugly person = Doyoung’, ‘Man with no honor = Taeyong.’

Johnny wasn’t mature either. ‘boy (Just think of Taeyong)’ ‘Idiots = Team River’.

Still they had a lot of fun before they were allowed to go swimming at the calm part of the lake. They spent all day bathing and just relaxing, and Jaehyun found himself having a nice time without worrying about Taeyong. Until dinner time came and Jaehyun sat by the dinner table with his hands cupping his face and staring at the table deep in thought.

  “We’ll manage.” Johnny said with a small smile and Jaehyun smiled back at him.

  “You and Ten still haven’t gotten together?” Jaehyun asked after remembering Johnny and Ten playing around in the water.

Johnny blushed and hushed Jaehyun. “No. I’m thinking of taking him with me on a walk and maybe… confess. I don’t know I can’t think straight when I’m with him.”

  “Right, because you’re gay.”

Johnny’s groaned. “No, not like that, Jaehyun, please.”

Jaehyun chuckled. “Going for a walk to that place we found yesterday sounds like a great idea.” Jaehyun said and moved his arms away from the table when his team mate Yugeom was putting the side-dishes onto the table. Johnny looked like he was thinking hard over this idea and Jaehyun envied him. If only his problems were limited to wondering how he should confess.


 

 

The boys began moving their stuff to their sleeping spots for the night. Mark left their room with a heavy sigh and as he had exited the door Doyoung stepped inside. Johnny stood and Jaehyun who were sitting on his bed glared at Doyoung as he entered.

  “I can’t believe it.” Doyoung said with a huff. “I’m sleeping in the same room as the .”

  “Watch your mouth, Doyoung.” Johnny snarled. “If I remember clearly I nearly broke your nose that night, so don’t test me again.”

Doyoung smiled. “Oh I won’t.” He said and put his stuff on the lowest bed. Taeyong entered the room without looking up, throwing his stuff onto the upper bed. Doyoung wrapped an arm around Taeyong’s shoulders and Taeyong glanced up at Jaehyun. “But let’s see if your little lover boy can keep his hands off Taeyong.”

Jaehyun had had enough. “Doyoung shut your mouth.” He said and scooted towards the ladder, but instead of climbing he jumped down. The two boys were much taller than Doyoung and Taeyong.

Doyoung didn’t fear them though. Taeyong ran a hand through his hair. “Do we have to spend more time with them?” He asked and Jaehyun felt a sharp pain his chest when Taeyong glared at him. “I feel suffocated.”

Jaehyun had to stop himself from lashing out. He kept to his spot beside Johnny.

Doyoung laughed. “Who wouldn’t?” He said and Taeyong fixed his gaze on the ground before leaving. Doyoung waved at the two boys with a sly smile and Jaehyun felt Johnny grip his wrist to stop him from attacking the other.

  “Suffocated?” Jaehyun said as they had left. “I’m the one who’s suffocating!” He cried and then sat down on Johnny’s bed, hiding his face in his arms. Johnny sat down beside him.

  “Ignore them. They’re not worth your tears.” He said and Jaehyun looked up, blinking furiously to stop his tears.

  “I really hate him.” He said and Johnny knew whom he was talking about.

 

 

Jaehyun didn’t really participate in the games. The charades was quite entertaining to watch when it was his team’s turn. Still Jaehyun couldn’t help but feel bitter when Taeyong tried to mimic a man riding a bike and laughing when Yuta made a comment on it.

  “What are you? A horse?” The boys laughed and Jaehyun wanted to vanish into the darkness. When it was his turn he got up, took a small note and read it.

  “Beyoncé.” It read and Jaehyun cursed inside his head. How could he do this without receiving any comments from the other team? He eyed the others and saw Doyoung and Jinyoung smile evilly. He looked up on the cloud free sky and then down at the paper. Then his eyes went to Ten who was smiling at him and he felt the weight on his shoulders disappear. Jaehyun chuckled and then turned his side to the team, doing the signature dance from single ladies, but not moving his hips too much.

Taehyung jumped up. “BEYONCÉ!” He yelled and Jaehyun laughed and nodded, the others laughed at Taehyung being so enthusiastic. Jaehyun patted Taehyung’s back before hurrying down to sit beside Mark and Ten.

Jaehyun looked over at Taeyong who was smiling to himself and his eyes widened when Taeyong’s eyes looked up and their gazes connected. Taeyong looked down again and Jaehyun thought he saw Taeyong smile even more.

 

 

 

When they headed to bed Jaehyun had to ignore the pushes and stares he got from the other team. He tried to be invisible as he undressed to go to bed, but Doyoung had to be provoking. Johnny was saying goodnight to Ten and wasn’t in the room.

  “Oh what a waste.” Doyoung said when Jaehyun was changing shirt and Jaehyun turned around to glare at him. “Are you one of those who like it from behind?” Doyoung asked and Taeyong who was fixing his bed sheets looked up.

Jaehyun couldn’t say anything, he was too shocked.

  “Oh you are.” Doyoung laughed and Taeyong looked away when Jaehyun glanced at him. Doyoung noticed the interaction. “Oh would you have guessed that, Taeyong he would love you taking him from behind. Oh how disgusting!” Doyoung made a gagging sound and Jaehyun tried to think of anything but what he was hearing.

  “Doyoung stop it.” Taeyong said and looked at Jaehyun covering his body with the shirt he was holding. “We have other things in life than bullying.” He said and Jaehyun’s eyes snapped open.

Doyoung nodded. “Yeah his kind is already oppressed; let’s not make his life worse.” He said but Jaehyun could hear him smile while talking. He quickly got on his shirt and crawled up into his bed, and then Johnny entered.

  “ off to bed, will you?” He snapped at Doyoung who stumbled into his bed at the shock and then Jaehyun felt a hand ruffling his hair. “Are you okay?” Johnny whispered while Doyoung and Taeyong were bickering over something.

Jaehyun shook his head. Johnny sighed.

  “Goodnight, Jae.” He said softly and then he readied himself for bed too. Doyoung had turned silent after Johnny had arrived. Jaehyun was thankful for having Johnny there too.

Jaehyun opened his eyes to see Taeyong crawl into his sleeping bag. Taeyong’s bangs fell into his eyes and he swept it aside before lying down, facing Jaehyun.

Jaehyun closed his eyes and Johnny turned off the light.

 

 

 

Jaehyun couldn’t sleep. He just stared at where he knew Taeyong would be sleeping as he waited for sleep to overcome him. Still it didn’t happen and Jaehyun was sure he had been awake for an hour.

A shadow appeared and the other bed creaked. Jaehyun frowned and noticed in the moon’s light Taeyong sit up. Jaehyun blinked and saw the figure point towards the door. Jaehyun sat up as well and Taeyong pointed towards the door again. Jaehyun just ran a hand through his hair before crawling down and without making much noise, slipping into the hallway. No one was awake; it had been a tiring day. Jaehyun closed his eyes, he was tired. Why was he standing out here? Why was he following Taeyong’s wishes? Why would Taeyong point for him to go outside? Jaehyun turned around to go back to bed.

The door opened and Taeyong appeared. His eyes were lit up by the moon light that lit up the hallway. Taeyong took Jaehyun’s wrist in his hand and dragged him downstairs and into the kitchen. Jaehyun blinked when Taeyong lit a candle.

The two of them were lit up by the small flame, standing an arm’s length apart. Jaehyun wanted to go back upstairs and sleep. Still his heart beat faster at the thought of being alone with Taeyong.

  “I don’t want the picture out either.” Taeyong finally said something and Jaehyun frowned a little.

  “Why go along with the dare then?” He asked and Taeyong narrowed his eyes on him. Jaehyun avoided his gaze.

Taeyong still eyed him suspiciously before speaking. “I’m…” He began and then Jaehyun decided to sit on the counter and the noise made Taeyong silence. Jaehyun tapped the surface of the table with his fingers and waited for Taeyong to continue. The other took seat beside him on the counter. Jaehyun stiffened, trying to seem untouched by the action. Taeyong didn’t say anything though. “Do you remember the night on the bus?” He asked and Jaehyun shrugged.

  “Bits.” He just said and Taeyong sighed.

  “I’m not angry with you.” Taeyong said and Jaehyun’s eyes snapped to look down at Taeyong’s hand that had just moved closer to his.

Jaehyun didn’t look at the other. “But I’m pissed.” He said and Taeyong made a sound of understanding.

  “You have every right to be.” Taeyong’s little finger brushed against Jaehyun’s.

Jaehyun closed his eyes. This conversation didn’t make sense. He was tired and his eyelids were too heavy at the moment.

  “I also said that I was sorry.” Taeyong pressed on, leaning in as he spoke. Jaehyun lifted his head and suddenly remembered Taeyong telling him that he was sorry. He also remembered not really accepting that.

  “Apology not accepted.” Jaehyun said and looked at Taeyong only to see the other’s eyes teary. Jaehyun’s eyes widened. “Did the kiss mean nothing to you?” He asked and Taeyong looked at him, eyes furiously blinking to make the tears go away.

  “No.” Taeyong said and Jaehyun slid down from the counter, stepping away from Taeyong. What had he just said? That the kiss did mean something to him? Jaehyun couldn’t believe that, he wouldn’t let himself believe that. Taeyong was looking down when he spoke. “You can leave, just… Jaehyun?” Taeyong called out as Jaehyun started leaving.

Jaehyun hated the fact that Taeyong’s touch on his little finger still lingered. “Yes?” He breathed and Taeyong didn’t look up.

  “Will you talk with me tomorrow?” He asked. “Alone?”

Jaehyun didn’t know if there was anything to talk about. He hated Taeyong and he would continue to do so.

  “You’re tired, you need sleep. I’ll come up later.”

Jaehyun didn’t want to leave Taeyong though, the other’s shoulders were slumped and he hadn’t looked up since Jaehyun had dropped down from the counter. Jaehyun lingered for a short moment before he went upstairs and crawled back to bed. He was too tired, that was right. Jaehyun heard Taeyong enter and he faintly heard Taeyong mummer goodnight before he mounted the bed bunk and went to sleep as well. Jaehyun listened to Johnny’s soft snores and he felt sleep finally embrace him.

 

 

 

A/N:

Aaaaah, friends I'm dying of exo feels right now. I'm writing chapter 20, but I'm taking a pause from writing until I've written a bit on some of my exo stories. Also work is taking up a lot of my time and I'm creating a writing contest with pre-made posters (because I'm designing a lot lately) and well, I'm just busy. Still I update early again because of all your lovely comments, thank you guys so much <333333333 *sends hugs*

Doesn't this chapter just confuse you? Because it even confuses me, Taeyong is odd (quoting ten in the earlier chapters) 

Do leave a comment, I really love them so much ;A; 

Thank you for the votes and subs, I'll be back soon with more jaeyong and prepare yourself for a wild chapter! Chapter 10 is eventful, especially for Jaeyong <3

NOW I GOTTA GO BACK TO MY LIFE (WHAT LIFE?) See you guys soon! ^^ <3

Love,
Emma. <3