021

Knowing

Chapter 21.

Cry heart, cry yourself to sleep, cry a storm of tears if it helps you breathe. It helps you, if it helps you breathe...

For now the clouds seemed to stay at a distance and the boys all threw their bags by the benches and walked onto the court. Jaehyun was already dribbling the ball around; the ball bouncing continuously through his legs and around him. Taeyong just stood and waited until he suddenly stepped in between Jaehyun, snatching the ball away from him. Jaehyun immediately hunted for the ball and Ten raised his hand. “Taeyong!” He called and Taeyong passed the ball to Ten in a soft bow and Jaehyun jumped up but couldn’t reach the ball. Johnny decided to help running over to cover Ten who tried to dribble around Johnny while shrieking at the other to stop teasing him. Jaehyun and Taeyong shared a smile and Jaehyun were oddly reminded of the day he fell for Taeyong. He literally collapsed because of his smile at that time. Jaehyun felt his heart leap. Ten tried to pass the ball to Hansol who tried to help him but Johnny’s hands knocked the ball off course and Jaehyun got it. Yuta hurried over to help Jaehyun and Mark and Jaemin joined too. They were already having a nice game when Soohyun and Jongsuk called them over.

  “Now it looks like you’re ready, but we need to warm up, so do some laps around the field while we manage the teams.” Soohyun said while trying to get his pen to stick to the map in his hands. The boys all groaned but Johnny immediately ran in the lead being the only captain and Jaehyun followed him.

After running around, a few clouds already covering the sun and relieving the boys of the direct heat, Jongsuk joined them making them run with high knees or crossing their legs while running. They also did rounds where every time Jongsuk blew the whistle the boys had to get onto the ground and do push-ups or sit-ups. Jaehyun tried to ignore Taeyong’s groans that definitely didn’t affect his body. When Johnny started chasing Ten around and Sehun kept on slapping Mark’s they realized that the boys had grown bored of the warm up.

  “Alright let’s get you into the teams.” Soohyun called them over, the pen now caught between his teeth as he fixed the papers in his hand. Jongsuk stood beside Hansol, leaning on the other’s shoulder. “We’ve chosen new captains for the fun of it.” Soohyun said. “Sehun will be the captain of team Tiver.”
Sehun cheered and stepped over to the side. He winked at Johnny who didn’t seem too pleased with being replaced. Soohyun finally got his papers under control, the small breeze trying to rip them out of his hands. “Taeyong you’re the captain of the other team.”

Taeyong just nodded and Jaehyun slapped his back when he passed by him. Taeyong sent him a smile, while pushing his bangs out of his face. Jaehyun’s heart skipped a beat.

  “Now you know what?” Soohyun asked and everyone waited with looks of interest. “Sehun you’re first and Taeyong you’re second. Choose your own teams.”

Sehun laughed excitedly. “I choose Jongin of course!” Jongin dramatically ran over to the other to jumped into Sehun’s arms. The other boys laughed at their silliness.

Taeyong squinted at bit while his eyes ran over the group as if planning out his teams. “Jaehyun’s mine.” He said and gave Sehun a look. The other sulked.

  “But Jaehyun’s an amazing player.”

  “Too bad.” Taeyong smirked. Jaehyun walked over to the other while ignoring his mind that replayed the words: “Jaehyun’s mine.”

The team Jaehyun was on was called Riger and he was happy to have Taeyong, Johnny, Kun, Mark, Jungkook, Taehyung, Hansol and Yugeom on his team. But as Sehun called Chanyeol to his team there was only one left. Jinyoung. He didn’t look too pleased as he was the only one left. Sehun looked at him with a look of disgust.

  “You’re on my team then, Jinyoung.” Taeyong said and Jinyoung looked at him. “Don’t you have something to say first though?” He asked as Jinyoung took one step towards the team. He looked up through his black bangs. Taeyong had his arms crossed over his chest.

Jinyoung sighed but then got down on his knees. “I’m sorry Jaehyun.” He said not getting up afterwards and Jaehyun blinked when everyone looked at him.

  “Apology accepted.” Jaehyun said, he glanced at Taeyong who had his eyes narrowed on him.

  “Oh so you accept his already?” He muttered in such a low voice only Jaehyun heard. Jaehyun smiled.

  “Did you get down on your knees?” He asked and Taeyong gasped and looked up.

  “That’s right.” He said and slapped his hand to his forehead. “I didn’t kneel.” He gasped but chuckled afterwards and Jaehyun laughed.

  “I want us to have a nice day.” Jaehyun said honestly as Jinyoung joined the group and they faced Sehun, Jongin, Ten, Yuta, Taeil, Jackson, Sicheng, Chanyeol, Jeno and Jimin on the other team.

Taeyong nodded, he looked up at Jaehyun. “We will.” He said in a reassuring voice and Jaehyun felt relieved.

 

 

They won the first game, but Ten was a little and scored a lot of points which made the other team win in the next game. Taeyong and Ten who both were attackers collided a few times, but even though the game was heated it didn’t end up with anyone fighting. Ten quickly pulled Taeyong to his feet.

Hansol though had to go off the court one time, shifting with Jongin when Jaehyun accidentally planted a hand right in his face. Jaehyun got two minutes on the bench but ended up sitting with Hansol instead apologizing so many times Hansol begged for Soohyun to put Jaehyun back in on the court.

They were taking a pause, eating dinner and enjoying some time in the shadows when the sky decided to open up. All the boys scrambled their things to the grandstands and Ten leaned forward reaching out his hands that immediately got drenched.

  “So much for finding out which teams wins.” Taeyong muttered and Johnny groaned. Jongsuk and Soohyun didn’t look too happy either.

  “Let’s play in the rain.” Ten chirped up all of sudden and the boys stared at him in disbelief. Ten stood up and jumped over the railing stepping out on the court. The drops drenched his shirt and hair and Ten looked at them through squinted eyes, beaming up at them. Who needed the sun when Ten could smile like that and cheer everyone up.

Jaehyun crawled over the railing and grabbed a ball. Ten cheered and Mark sprang over the railing after running down the stairs and soon enough everyone was out in the rain, laughing and playing around.

They did play a short game in the rain which ended up with Taeyong’s team Riger winning and Soohyun and Jongsuk told everyone to wait a little before they returned home with a bunch of drenched boys.

Jaehyun though couldn’t stop replaying the moment of Taeyong completely wet laughing at Jaehyun avoiding Ten hugging him. The boys all had a lot of fun it was amazing to actually feel like life was worth living.

It was worth a try.

 

 

 

Time passed fast, they played basketball as well the next day with new teams where Jaehyun had to admit defeat to Johnny’s team. They were going to have fun tonight and sleep wherever they wanted because it was their last day and tomorrow they would go home. Jaehyun liked how everyone was gathered in the hut West, eating candy and fried chicken that Soohyun and Johnny had picked up. They couldn’t drink but Johnny managed to snatch a beer from Soohyun which he passed around to the oldest of the teams.

Jaehyun swiftly caught the beer before Mark could even have a drop of beer on his tongue and Jaehyun scolded the younger for even trying. He drank something himself afterwards only to face his empty hand when Taeyong grabbed it. Jaehyun was reminded of the time he snatched the beer from a random girl at the party and Taeyong took it away from him. He watched Taeyong drink and noticed Taeyong blink as if this moment felt familiar. Jaehyun sighed and just for a moment enjoyed the feeling of Taeyong sitting so close with him because they were so many to share the couch. As the time reached mid-night Mark was joking around with Jeno and Jaemin, Ten and Johnny had vanished outside and Jaehyun felt high on the mood that surrounded them all. He was also a little tired, which gave him the sensation of being under the influence of alcohol. 

Jaehyun almost jumped when Taeyong suddenly put his hand on his thigh. “Hey Jaehyun.” The other spoke, leaning in close to Jaehyun who tried not to squirm away. Jaehyun turned around to face him and Taeyong got up. Jaehyun decided to follow.

 

 

 

Taeyong and Jaehyun was once again alone in room 2 of the hut of West, but this time the lights were off and Jaehyun didn’t feel the need to turn them back on. Taeyong’s figure found him in the darkness, and Jaehyun backed off until his body was against the door, light from the hallway creeping in and lighting up the feet that took place in front of him. Jaehyun closed his eyes when he felt Taeyong’s hands on his waist and he turned his head to the side when Taeyong leaned closer his nose brushing against Jaehyun’s cheekbone. Taeyong had once again managed to force Jaehyun to bend down in his knees so that their eyes were at the same level. Jaehyun’s heart was beating too fast, his breath hitching as Taeyong’s lips touched his jaw and he couldn’t help but shudder beneath the other’s touch. He wasn’t drunk. He couldn’t blame his own actions on liquor because one mouthful of beer couldn’t cloud his judgment. He just couldn’t get himself to avoid Taeyong’s lips when he felt the other’s breath meet his and he couldn’t choke down the moan of pleasure as the other pressed a tender kiss to his lips.

Jaehyun felt as if he was spinning around and his hormones went wild, his own hands finding Taeyong’s belt and pulling him closer. The kiss was hot, Taeyong’s lips were moist and his tongue as soft as silk. Jaehyun was kissing the other back, a little reluctant but he was not in control of his body anymore. His heart had taken over and it wanted Taeyong’s love so badly.

Taeyong’s hands found their way to Jaehyun’s neck and Jaehyun had his pressed against Taeyong’s chest as if debating whether to push to other away or tug him closer. Taeyong’s kisses stayed needy but soft and almost hesitant. He knew Jaehyun would back off when it got too much and Jaehyun hated that the other knew that.

  “Taeyong…” Jaehyun breathed when the other finally leaned away. Taeyong’s hands dropped to Jaehyun’s chest, sliding down Jaehyun’s arms to his hands and he held them in his. “We’re friends…” Jaehyun almost cried and he tried not to sound so vulnerable.

Taeyong leaned his forehead against Jaehyun’s. “I’m sorry.” He said and Jaehyun felt so angry with himself for making the other apologize for this.

  “I’m not ready.” He then finally admitted and Taeyong leaned away again, but he couldn’t see his expression in the darkness. Then one hand let go of Jaehyun’s and found its place on his jaw, cupping his face.

  “I can wait.” Taeyong said softly and Jaehyun let himself cry as he buried his face in Taeyong’s shoulder, the other’s arms embracing him. Jaehyun wasn’t sure if he ever would be ready. Still in this moment he felt like giving in, just giving into Taeyong and letting the other hold him tightly.

 

 

 

Taeyong and Jaehyun decided to get some fresh air after Jaehyun had made sure he looked decent in the mirror, pouting when Taeyong joked that he could just say he had been smoking. Jaehyun had eyed Taeyong. “As if that would help.”

The two of them got off the porch, Jaehyun stepped away from Taeyong, turning around to face him. He was about to say something when a sound he had heard many times before reached his ears. He noticed Taeyong’s eyes widen as well as his moved and Taeyong turned around to look in the direction of the sound.

It was a moan.

A moan Jaehyun recognized, but it wasn’t saying his name but… Johnny’s. Jaehyun’s blood ran cold and a feeling of immediate guilt rushed through him as his eyes met the sight of Johnny and Ten standing in the shadow of the hut, Ten pressed against the hut and Johnny kissing the smaller passionately, hands beneath Ten’s shirt.

Jaehyun felt Taeyong’s hand around his wrist and he was dragged out of sight and towards the hut again. Jaehyun followed Taeyong inside, his eyes still wide and in the moment they had been gone Soohyun had decided to throw the youngest to bed. Everyone was starting to dissolve and Jaehyun just stood with Taeyong, eyes not changing in size. Hansol, Yuta, Taeil, Kun and Sicheng were still talking and Taeyong led Jaehyun to the staircase, and the two stopped on the middle of it, sitting down.

  “Are you okay?” Taeyong asked after some time. Jaehyun titled his head to the side as he tried to figure out what he was feeling. There was a hint of jealousy he noticed, but also amusement and extreme embarrassment on Ten and Johnny’s behalf. He wouldn’t deny that he felt a bit by the fact too. He envied the two, he wanted that too. Still he couldn’t do it with Taeyong, it would be too much for him, too intense.

  “Yeah I’m good.” Jaehyun said and then ran a hand through his hair. “Oh my god.” He then added and Taeyong chuckled. The two sat in silence, Hansol laughed downstairs and Jaehyun heard Taeyong sigh.

  “I’m sorry.” He then said. Jaehyun turned to look at him. “You wanted friendship and I didn’t keep that promise.” He said and his hand landed on Jaehyun’s knee, patting it and Jaehyun entangled his arm with the other’s, leaning closer and resting his head on Taeyong’s shoulder.

  “It’s okay. It just makes this so much harder.” Jaehyun said honestly and Taeyong’s hand stopped patting his knee, instead drawing circles.

  “We’ll be okay.” Taeyong said into Jaehyun’s hair and Jaehyun nodded. Hopefully they would be okay.

 

 

 

A/N:

I'm back again! I didn't neglect the story though, oh no, of course I had to plan the ending one night in Berlin. So now I know where I'm going with this story.
This story really lies close to my heart. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do writing it <3

#Taeyongprotectionsquad right here.

 

Where are all my lovely commenters at? Come to meee~~ <333
 

See you soon~! <3

Love,
Emma <3