015

Knowing

 

Chapter 15.

So leave that click in my head. I will remember the words that you said with a clouded mind and a heavy heart, but I am sure we'll see a new start.

Taeyong went through the hallway and exited through the window of one of the rooms facing west. Jaehyun couldn’t help himself but pull Taeyong into a hug before he left and Taeyong held him tightly as if comforting him for everything he had been put through. Jaehyun hid his nose in Taeyong’s shirt, taking in the smell of him, it reminded him of the ocean, he wondered if the choice he was taking was the right one. When Taeyong crawled through that window, they would be friends and Jaehyun wouldn’t try to kiss Taeyong anymore and he would bury his heart as much as he could.

Taeyong pulled away and Jaehyun gave the other a smile, telling him that they would be okay. Taeyong looked a little defeated, but he masked it with a smile. The boy crawled through the window and Jaehyun watched the other walk around the corner of the house after waving goodbye. Jaehyun sighed. So much for burying his heart, Taeyong had taken it with him.

 

 

Jaehyun shouldn’t cry. He really shouldn’t. Still he didn’t go downstairs to eat but straight to his bunk bed and he cried into his pillow in agony.

He knew it would be hard, but what would happen if he let himself fall even deeper for Taeyong and see him experience the wrath of his father. Jaehyun couldn’t take it, he didn’t want this pain for Taeyong. Was love worth fighting for? Jaehyun didn’t think it was. People died and people left each other. People hurt the ones they love the most and Jaehyun didn’t want to get hurt. If he really did open up to Taeyong the other could probably hurt him so much… Jaehyun was afraid of that. He was afraid of something else too… to fall deeper… to vanish into thin air leaving a mark of pain on the hearts that loved him. No, Jaehyun couldn’t let it happen.

 

 

Ten found his way into the room, locking the door behind him and crawling up into Jaehyun’s bed. Jaehyun moved aside for Ten to lie down beside him. Ten opened his arms to let Jaehyun snuggle into his embrace, still softly crying. Ten patted his back, wearing a grim look.

  “Why do I just know that you didn’t kiss and make up?”

  “Because I’m crying.”

  “Because you’re crying alone, that’s why.” Ten said and Jaehyun’s hair, sighing deeply. “He would still be here if you had accepted his love.” Ten silenced and Jaehyun waited for the other to speak. “Why didn’t you?”

Jaehyun knew but he also didn’t. “Loving him… letting him love me… it won’t bring anything good with it. Only pain and suffocation.”

Ten sighed. “Because of his parents?”

  “And his team members and his life. I would just ruin it. He could have a life, I don’t need one, I don’t strive like he does.”

  “You could be a great basketball player?” Ten suggested and Jaehyun shook his head.

  “I’m okay with the team being small. He seems like one to go for the Seoul team.”

Ten hummed. “He does, yes.”

  “And he being gay and loving me openly will not do him any good.” Jaehyun said. “And I’m not sure if I can live with it as a secret. A secret relationship sounds like a prison of happiness.”

  “You’re too melodramatic.” Ten said and Jaehyun sighed.

  “We’re friends.” He said and Ten hummed in reply.

  “Let’s see to that.”

 

 

Jaehyun ate after all the others, sitting by the dinner table with a group of people who were curious of how it went for his group and he was also curious to hear the other’s experiences. Sehun was talking about how he felt the bond fire gathering would be a little less tense that day and Jaehyun hoped that too.

  “Maybe we should mix the teams?” Sehun suggested. “So we do not divide the teams like we’ve done the last three days.”

  “As long as I don’t sit beside Yuta.” Jaehyun said.

  “Yeah, I just heard of it when I went outside after dinner.”

  “He was the one who blackmailed me to not do my best at the game.” He explained and everybody gasped, well except the ones who knew which were Johnny, Ten, Mark and Hansol. The others had suspected something but didn’t know what.

  “With what? How? I know at the party that we fought them over something, but I just took the chance to fight them, really.” Taehyung said while stealing some of Jaehyun’s food. Yugeom swapped his hand away.

  “I don’t really want to talk about it, it’s quite personal, but, Yuta wasn’t alone some of his team mates were in on it.”

  “Taeyong?” Sehun asked. Jaehyun nodded.

  “But we’ve talked and we’re friendly now, but well I’m not with Yuta or Doyoung for that matter.”

  “Who is?” Asked Johnny and everybody chuckled. They knew Johnny and Doyoung definitely didn’t match well.

  “I can handle Doyoung and Jinyoung,” said Yugeom. “I went to middle school with them.”

The others thanked him. “Then let’s mix the teams, make our coach proud.” Sehun settled it and the others agreed.

Jaehyun didn’t feel like he was in the best mood as he went out into the cool night air, seeing Taeyong not sit down beside Yuta but take place where there usually was a empty place dividing the two groups. Jaehyun took seat beside him and Hansol even avoided Yuta whom he had had such a great time with. Jaehyun could see that he sent Yuta a gaze that told the other that he was disappointed. Yuta looked like he wanted to give in and leave but Doyoung grabbed his wrist and made him stay. Taeyong looked pleased at Jaehyun’s choice of seating. He looked up to see the other from the Tigers mix in with his team and he leaned in towards Jaehyun.

  “What is happening?” He asked with an amazed smile. Jaehyun smiled as well as he saw Ten, Kun and Sicheng talk and Johnny and Hansol were sitting with other team mates from Rivers called Chanyeol and Jimin.

  “We’ve decided to finally put down the rivalries and start friendships.” Jaehyun leaned in towards Taeyong, speaking softly and felt the material of Taeyong’s hoodie brush against his lips.

Taeyong looked up, looking surprised. “Really?” He asked and Jaehyun liked to see the hopeful look in Taeyong’s eyes.

  “Isn’t it about time we grow up a little?” Asked Jaehyun, and Taeyong was silent for a moment.

  “Yeah.” He just said and Jaehyun turned to look at him. Taeyong quickly smiled and Jaehyun wondered what the other was thinking.

Soohyun and Jongsuk marveled at the sight. “Pinch me.” Muttered Soohyun and Jongsuk did as told making the other flinch away. “Auch, okay stop!”

Everyone spoke of what had happened at their trips and Jaehyun felt like he was enjoying the time. Then came the time for the winner group to be announced and everyone silenced; Soohyun smiled and scanned the faces in around him.

  “Now we actually didn’t just choose who came back first, we matched time and answers and thought it through when choosing the winner. Now the winner group did well with the things they found and all answers were correct. They didn’t come in as the first group, but that’s understandable, because two from this group managed to fall into a closed off cave and their team members had to get them out.” Everybody looked at Jaehyun and Taeyong, Hansol who sat in Taeyong’s side patted the smaller’s back. Soohyun continued. “And that’s Jaehyun’s team, congrats, you really fought hard for the price and what was most important was team work and I must say you were the best at it.” He said and Jaehyun caught him eyeing Johnny and then Doyoung. “You’ll win a day off. Tomorrow we’ll practice some basketball because we want to mix the two teams making the team Tiver and Riger, and then we’ll have our own little game at the end of the trip.”

  “This also gives you a chance to give your foot rest, Taeyong.” Jongsuk added and Taeyong nodded. Jongsuk clapped his hands. “To everyone else; you better prepare your limps for another day of hard work.”

Jaehyun felt Taeyong take his hand in his. “We won!” He said in an excited whisper and Jaehyun cheered and hugged the other. Hansol gave hugs too, but it didn’t go unnoticed that Yuta sat for himself and looked like he was rather sad by winning. Jongsuk and Soohyun didn’t want to comment on it yet, but when they finished the day and went back to their respective huts, Soohyun found Hansol and Jaehyun.

  “What happened to Yuta?” He asked and Jaehyun already felt his blood boil. Hansol put his hand on Jaehyun’s chest.

  “I’ll take it with him.” He said and Jaehyun was thankful to the other. He followed Mark and Ten to go upstairs. Johnny stayed behind with Hansol, arms crossed over his chest with a frown on his face. Jaehyun looked at Ten and noticed the other looked back at Johnny longingly. Jaehyun smiled to himself. He still managed to feel envious of the other, it must be natural. He didn’t love Ten less though and was happy for the other. Mark was talking about being jealous of Jaehyun’s team winning since his were the first to get home. Jaehyun just messed up the younger’s hair and Ten told them in a soft voice that he would say goodnight to Johnny before going to bed.

Sehun was groaning into his pillow and Mark dropped onto his own with a deep sigh. Jaehyun just changed clothes and got into his bed, he had rested with Ten so he was okay. A little emotionally exhausted, but he knew with sleep he could have a clearer mind tomorrow, facing a whole day with Hansol, Taeyong and Yuta. He was sure Yuta would feel suffocated, but somehow Jaehyun couldn’t help but think he deserved it.

 

 

Jaehyun was looking at the stars covering the ceiling of their room as he listened to the others change their clothes and go to bed, when Sehun turned the lights off Jaehyun turn on his side and closed his eyes. He realized then he still had a few more questions to ask Taeyong. But they were about the kiss and do friends discuss a kiss like that? Jaehyun sighed no he still had to ask.

 

 

 

A/N:

It's a very short chapter, I know, I'll post the next tomorrow or something. I'm managing to still be ahead as I'm halfway with chapter 26. 
BUT this chapter may be short but I have an important question.

Who tops in JaeYong? Jaehyun or Taeyong? Because I'm not sure... 

If you have more to say let's discuss it in the comments, I kind of lean more to top!Taeyong but Jaehyun can easily take on Taeyong with his height and muscles. Still Jaehyun seems like a bottom in this and then not.... IDK ;A; 

 

Aw chapter 26 made me blush, you guys... you're way behind hahaha~ Every time I re-read the chapter before positing I'm like... we're only here? 
 - Once again thank you for all the love and I love you guys <3 I'm so happy to hear that you enjoy this story! <3

Love,
Emma. <3