I'm going crazy.

Breathe.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Authors note: 

This chapter is dedicated to xTheCatx. You're comment had me laughing for a while.

I hope you all enjoy~ 

 

 

 

Gd and Dara left the hotel before the first light of sunrise touched the carpet of their room. Gd had wanted to leave as soon as possible so they could get a head start, hoping to put distance between them and the 'eyes'. They had woken up in a tangled mess with Daras legs entwined with GDs and with his arms securely wrapped around her waist. Feeling shy with a tinge of embarrassment...and maybe a hint of desire, Dara had quickly scrambled to her feet and grabbed the first thing her hands found- the silver pouch. She watched GD for a moment. She sighed as she watched his carefree face, slacken jaw and quietly giggled as she listened to his soft snores. He looks so normal. After another moment gently his face and caressed him to consciousness. 

 

"G, I'm going to open the pouch now okay?" 

 

It was a map of Seoul. Gd sat upright to study it for a few moments. It looked ordinary and it would have been an ordinary map; if it weren't for the big 'X' placed at a certain area.

 

Gd stood up and began to search for his clothes. After a few moments of confusion he looked at Dara and she tore her eyes off his morning face and began to make her way to the laundry. When she arrived at the laundry a white sheet of paper in the wall caught her attention:

 

'NOTICE: LOST PROPERTY IN RECEPTION'

 

An idea struck her as she remembered the events of last night. She made her way to reception and traded their clothes for others in the 'lost property bins'- hoping it would be serve as some kind of a disguise.

 

 

DARA POV

 

The suns bullying me. I swear it has a grudge against me. I wiped the sweat off my forehead...again. People were swarming the streets; it kind of reminds me of when I see ants gathering around a crumb on the ground- busy and determined. I wonder if that's how we look like right now. I'm soooo hot.  I need ice cream. I adjusted my hoodie as I continued to feel the burning stares on my face. 

 

"I wonder where this map will lead us."

 

 I wondered out loud keeping my eyes off the crowd and on Gds shadow. We turned left at a street corner. I had volunteered to direct our paths but it took me a solid 5 minutes and 2 laps around the same block to confess my sins- A G-P-S is my area of expertise not a M-A-P. I felt useless but on the bright side- I found something I can improve on.

 

When I didn't hear a reply from Gd I tore my gaze away from his shadow to look at his face. He was now wearing vans, black levis that fit his hips perfectly and a white V-neck shirt. His face was his usual stoic and secretive expression- giving nothing away but I could see the tension in his shoulders and his clenched fists while his eyes scanned the crowd- he was on standby, expecting the worst. 

 

It still hasn't hit me that we're on the run. My life took a 360 when I met GD. I tackled a person with a knife… Dara! What the helll! I kicked a rock on the street. Bommie would call me crazy and Donghae would stake me but I don't know what it is, I continued to stare at him, I want to protect him. I want to give him another chance at humanity. And if it means that I need to become a little bit of a beast myself, so be it. 

 

We were now waiting at a pedestrian crossing. I was admiring the cute puppy across the road when I felt the odd feeling that someone- no, people were staring at us.  I swear people are keep looking at us... I fiddled with my fingers as I kept feeling the burning sensation on my face. You're being paranoid Dara. You're being paranoid. You're just paranoid. Not being able to take it anymore, I subtly peered at the crowd from under my hood. A group of people were staring at GD well, he is handsome, and I’d stare too. Their eyes would roam over his face and then they'd make their way down his neck-oh my gosh his neck!

 

I snapped my gaze to his neck and lo and behold... there it was. At the base of his neck; my 'present' I gladly gave to him last night- all in its’ purplish- reddish glory introducing itself to the world. Like a tonne of bricks my thoughts of the morning and the reason why I was staring at Gds shadow came tumbling down on me- I was trying to distract myself from noticing his love bite and also avoid the judging stares from people. I had purposely wore a tee, black turtle-neck and a hoodie to hide it. oh my gosh, how could I forget?  

 

I had whined to GD to please put on the turtle neck too but he flat out said no and now with all the distractions gone and thought about... I was keenly aware of the burning gazes of judgement on my face.

 

"G~~" I began as we crossed the road. "Didn’t I ask you to wear the turtle neck?"

 

 My eyes felt like a pinball machine; bouncing around to meet the gazes of all those who were judging Dara and Gd. "Or why couldn't you have put the hoodie on?" 

 

We crossed the street and were now walking along the footpath... once again burning sensations were felt on my face. I allowed myself to let out an exasperated sigh.

 

"I don't want to." My eyebrow twitched.

 

"I told you they were going to stare at us G!" my hands were in the air; 'inconspicuously' pointing my fingers at the crowd.

 "They're burning holes in my face...holes of judgement. Holes of…of… disbelief! Waahh, we're a culture shock at the moment." I tightened my hold around my hoodie, heat be damned, I'd rather be burnt in secret than get a public execution of burning stares. 

 

"A culture shock. Got it."  Gd nodded as he took another turn around the corner. I waited for 3 seconds before I began mouthing his exact response at the same time he spoke-  

 

"What's a culture shock? I don't remember that being in a dictionary." 

 

I smiled rolling my eyes. Knew it. I'm getting better at reading him. I cleared my throat before I began my explanation. 

 

"So G, there's a set of values and principles that uphold culture and society .When someone does something to go against these principles it's called a 'culture shock'". My mouth watered as we passed the fish cakes on the street.

 

"What we did last night was special. Those acts are normally kept between the people who did them. In this case you and me"

He looked at me as I pointed at him and then at myself. 

 

"A memory only between two people. A special bond. Normally we keep these marks hidden but right now you're displaying them for the world to see- a culture shock. That's what we are at the moment." I winced as I said the last part. I hadn't meant to sound defensive or sensitive but to my ears- I know I had. I waited for him to speak... and was greeted by silence. Greaaat. Way to go Dara you insensitive little cow, you shouldn't have -

 

"Dara-" though his voice stopped my mental rant at myself I kept my gaze on his shadow.

" - the way you smelt. The way you sounded. And the image of your eyes slightly closed with parting lips as you moaned my name; will forever be a memory for my eyes only." My breath hitched as I began to be hot. This time not from embarrassment. Gds shadow stopped and so I did the same. Still refusing to look at him he put his index finger under my chin and gently raised my head to meet his gaze. 

 

"But this mark." He used his other hand to gently touch the base of his neck. He touched it with such deliberate delicacy. Like a cautioning mother holding her child ever-so gently afraid that they would break or how an architect would use very deliberate with his lucky pencil- afraid that the lead would snap. An act that everyone knew meant that it was special. Just like he did with her mark. 

 

"The mark that proves I'm yours? I'll gladly show it to everyone. Even if it means being a culture shock." 

 

I stared into his eyes. Pools of black with flecks of gold and also hints of determination and promise. A steady gaze that told no lie. 

 

How does he do it? 

 

I yanked my hoodie off, followed by my black turtle neck. Standing in front of him now in my tweety shirt and black jeans I grabbed my hair and un-ceremoniously pulled it into some hopeful resemblance of a bun- exposing my neck. With pride. . Im hopeless. 

 

“Why do you always win?” I pouted.

 

His smile reached his eyes as he saw his mark and I grabbed his outstretched- and we continued to be a walking culture shock.

 

It was still early morning when they found their destination. 

 

"I know this place." 

 

Dara said as she laid her eyes on the small cafe. The black and white coffee tables on the front deck surrounded by the most beautiful rose garden and the familiar scent of coffee beans with a hint of cinnamon and mint filled her nostrils. Welcoming her from her long departure. Lee Donghae. 

 "It's Donghaes family cafe. Why would the map lead us here?" Dara mused out loud, looking between the map and the cafe. Double-checking, tripple checking if there had been a mistake but the address on the mailbox proved them otherwise.

 

"How long has his family had this cafe?" 

 

"It's been in the family for generations. They've been the owners for forever- they've renovated over the years to keep up with the times. It's popular." As if to prove Daras point, a group of 5 giggling high school students made their way into the cafe.”

“Very popular" she said again.

 

After another moment of curiosity and hesitation on Daras part, they made their way through the door. 

 

A familiar melody of Mozart filled their ears when they entered. Everything was the same as the last time she had been here. The dim lights, the familiar sound of water rushing into their fish tank, the welcoming mat at their feet and of course Donghae standing behind the counter…and an additional attraction- Gaho was sitting in a corner snoozing.

 

"Dara!" Donghae called as he rushed towards her.

 "Where the heck have you been?" Completely ignoring Gds presence he grabbed her by the hand and sat her down at a table.

 

Gd’s jaw twitched as he saw their hands intertwined.

 

Now, now, now are you going to let him touch her like that?

 

Gd didn’t answer and instead made his way over to Gaho and sat on the chair closest to him. He began to Gahos fur and noticed that in his chest there was a strange feeling.

 

What you’re feeling right now G, is ‘missing him’. It’s a feeling when you haven’t seen someone for a period of time and so when you see them again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter