Magic Feelings

Cupid's Touch

Magic Feelings

Chen and Xiumin both paused at the same time, their conversation jerking to a stop. 

 

"You felt that right?" Chen asked the boy opposite him and he nodded.

 

They were sitting opposite each other on the L shaped sofa in Kai's house, the place the group of friends would usually hang out, it being the place big enough and well, good enough to house all five of them. 

 

"Earthquake?" Xiumin asked but Chen shook his head, not the tremor they had both felt hadn't been physical.

 

It'd been magical. The two stared at each other.

 

"Sorry to interupt you two lovebirds." Chanyeol barged into the room sat himself next to Chen, and nodded to Xiumin over Chen's shoulder. "But I've an important matter to discuss."

 

"Sure you do." Said Chen turning around with a to face his tall friend with a raised eyebrow, choosing not to comment on Chanyeol calling the two of them lovebirds. 

 

"What about what we felt?" 

 

Chen heard Xiumin whisper in his head and he let out a sigh, turning so that he was sitting with his back against the sofa and being able to see both Chanyeol and Xiumin. He hadn't felt that sort of magic in over fifty years and admiteddly it did worry him. Whoever was practicing this type of magic was powerful, and it didn't seem like they knew how to control it all too well. He didn't bother hiding his thoughts from Xiumin, he would have told him all this anyways. He suddenly froze. This couldn't have anything to do with that vampire could it?

 

"Vampire?!?" Xiumin yelled in his head and Chen tried not to wince. 

 

"Ow, I told you not to do that." He said, rubbing his temples. 

 

"There's a new vampire in the neighborhood...have you told Luhan?" Xiumin was scowling at Chen. 

 

"It's fine, he's not going to bother anyone."

 

"You better be right."

 

Chanyeol however had no clue about what was going on and the telepathic communication that was taking place between his friends and promptly started to talk. "I think I like someone."

 

"Pardon?" Asked Chen; he hadn't been paying attention so he wasn't sure what Chanyeol had said but he was pretty sure it wasn't what he'd heard.

 

Xiumin beat him to the questioning though and didn't bother to hide his surprise when he asked. "You like someone?" 

 

Chen blinked. So it was what he'd heard.

 

"Yes." Said Chanyeol and frowned when he saw Chen looking at him with slightly wider eyes and Xiumin blatantly in shock, his mouth slightly hanging open. "Why are you guys looking at me like that?"

 

Chen started to laugh and soon Xiumin followed; the two of them dissolving into giggles while Chanyeol glared at them. 

 

"Why are you laughing?"

 

"B-because..." Xiumin couldn't stop laughing and waved to Chen to help him out.

 

Chen managed to get his laughter under control when Chanyeol kicked him hard in the leg. 

 

"Ow!" He said rubbing his leg. "It's just not like you. You're more the hump and dump 'em type you know?"

 

Chanyeol looked offended. "I'm not Kris! I'm still pure!"

 

"I'm pretty sure pure isn't the first word that comes to mind when people think of you." Said Chen smirking. 

 

"Because you would know so much about being pure huh?" Said Chanyeol. "After what you did in last year–"

 

Chen lunged at Chanyeol and covered the tall boy's mouth with his hand. "We said we'd never speak of that again!"

 

He hissed and Xiumin looked with wide and curious eyes. He'd only come to school in the latter half of the year, so he'd missed what Chen liked to call teenage hormonal antics, even though techincally he was way past his teenage years, but his body wasn't. 

 

"What happened, what happened?" He said crawling over and fighting with Chen to release Chanyeol. 

 

"Nothing happened!" Screamed Chen as Xiumin pushed him back. "Chanyeol I will ing end you!"

 

Chanyeol was laughing too much to answer Xiumin's questioning, the roles now being reversed, not even the latter boy shaking him vehemently was enough to get him to stop giggling so he turned to Chen, who smiled innocently at him. Xiumin got off the sofa and walked over to Chen who had straightened himself out and was sitting straightly on the sofa, a relaxed smile on his face as Xiumin went to stand in front of him. Chen knew Xiumin liked to know things, he didn't like being out of the loop, but he wasn't about to tell him the most embarassing story of his life.

 

"What happened?" He asked and Chen only smiled wider, hoping his nonchalant attitude would convince Xiumin that it wasn't that big of a deal, even though him being a complete drama queen about shutting Chanyeol up only five seconds ago negated that.

 

"I didn't do anything sweetie ~" 

 

Xiumin narrowed his eyes, Chen would only call him those annoying nicknames when he wanted to distract him so instead of getting annoyed he smiled back at Chen. 

 

"Really darling? Are you sure?" He could vaguely hear Chanyeol in hysterics in the background but he kept his eyes trained on Chen. 

 

Chen felt the beating of heart become erratic when Xiumin answered him back with his own nickname. This wasn't how it was supposed to go; Xiumin was the one who should be getting flustered, not him. 

 

"You know I could just look into your head right?" 

 

Chen smirked. 

 

"You've forgotten that you already told me the limits of your power. And its only limited to me letting you see my thoughts." He answered back and he could see Xiumin scowling in response before crossing his arms and walking out of the room. 

 

"Fine don't tell me." He threw over his shoulder before closing the door behind him. 

 

"Xiu don't leave me!" Whinged Chen and was about to get up when Chanyeol grabbed him and pulled him back. 

 

"I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU!!" Chanyeol screamed in Chen's ear who let out an equally loud yell that had Xiumin running back into the room, the worried look turning to annoyed when he saw what was happening. 

 

"Xiu you're back!" Chen tried to get but Chanyeol was still hanging on to him. 

 

"I have something to tell you! I like someone! I like someone! I found someone I like!" His volume gradually got louder until Chen put his hand on the screaming boy's face and shoved him back into the sofa. 

 

"Okay, okay we get it, shut up!" Said Chen reaching out and grabbing Xiumin, pulling him down on his lap and encircling an arm around his waist so that he couldn't escape, and he smirked when he saw Xiumin's cheeks turning red. 

 

"Guyssss this is my love story not yours...!"

 

"We're not–" Xiumin started but Chen interrupted him. 

 

"I do love you Xiu~" He said playfully poking Xiumin's cheek. "Don't you too?"

 

Then he froze. What had come over him? He'd never admitted to anyone his feelings about Xiumin before, not even as a joke. And out of all times he did it now? In front of Chanyeol in Kai's mangy house that smelt like wet dog. He could play it off couldn't he? He let out an dramatic sigh as Chanyeol started to giggle and Xiumin stood up and turned to face him. 

 

"I can't believe I just did that..." Whinged Chen and he uncharacteristically put his face in hands, the coldness of the latter cooling down the red of his cheeks. 

 

"What a confession!" Said Chanyeo clapping his hands jokingly, still laughing which resulted in him being hit by Xiumin who knelt next to Chen and took the younger boy's face from his hands and held it in his own. 

 

Xiumin looked into his eyes and without warning leant forward and pressed his lips to Chen's.