Another Love

Cupid's Touch

Another Love

Chen felt like static was running through his entire body as Xiumin’s lips pressed against his own, and completely forgetting where he was and who was watching, he nipped Xiumin lip and when the older boy let out a moan he slipped his tongue inside. He couldn’t believe he was doing this; he was kissing Xiumin. He was kissing him. 

 

“Stoooooppppp!” Howled Chanyeol, and his long legs accidentally hit Chen in the chest, who laughing, wrapped Xiumin in his arms as he was knocked over, now lying instead of sitting on the sofa, his little pixie safely wrapped up with him. 

 

Xiumin wriggled slightly, getting more comfortable as he turned around snuggled into Chen’s chest who was smiling happily, who would have thought that after half a year of hiding his feelings it would all be over in a little less than a minute. 

 

“You guys are disgusting.” Said a new voice and Chen rolled his eyes as Kai jumped over the back of the sofa and threw himself down next to them. 

 

“More like adorable! Chen finally confessed~” Luhan cooed attempting to mimic Kai’s action instead slipping and ending sprawling next to the tanned individual. 

 

“Can I talk now? Because I do in fact exist you know.” Chanyeol was starting to get frustrated at not telling his story but at this point Chen was too happy to sass him back so he just waved his hand at him to get going before putting it back and running his hands though Xiumin’s hair. 

 

“There’s this guy I like and he’s really super cute and I gave him my number and he hasn’t called me and he was with this other guy but I don’t think they were going.” Chanyeol said all in one breath. 

 

Kai the TV, boredly flicking through the chanel’s before Luhan took the remote off him and hit him on the head before motioning to Chanyeol.

 

“So he doesn’t like you.” Kai asked, getting straight to the point. 

 

Chanyeol looked at him stricken. “That’s not possible.”

 

“Trust me. It’s very possible.” Said Chen and Xiumin’s chuckle reverberated through his chest. 

 

“I’m sure that’s not it.” Said Luhan, glaring at Kai and Chen. “He’s probably just lost it right Baozi?”

 

“Yeah...” Xiumin was actually not sure what he’d just agreed to but he was too happy lying on Chen’s body, which one would think would be uncomfortable but was actually the complete opposite, to care and was slowly dozing off. 

 

“He can’t not like me.” Chanyeol appeared to still be in shock. 

 

“Are you an idiot?” Asked Kai suddenly. “Who cares if he doesn’t like you? Just find someone else who does. Weren’t you going on about all those girls lining up to date you last week?”

 

Chanyeol looked at him, a pouty expression coming upon his face. “I don’t want any of them, I want him! He’s my one!”

 

“Who is he?” Asked Luhan, he’d never thought of Chanyeol to be particularly interested in men. 

 

Chen had never cared about gender when it came to dating, and evidently it didn’t bother Xiumin either. Kai never talked about his preferences, but he had only gone out with girls the whole time Luhan had known him. Chanyeol on the other hand had always been quite verbal with his love for the female, well, Chanyeol was verbal with everything in any case. So to think the one that had captured his heart was a man was surprising, not that Luhan cared, he was quite openly gay himself so he was pleased for his friend.  In all honesty it was more surprising Chanyeol was actively pursuing someone than that someone being a male. 

 

“Baekhyun...” Said Chanyeol dreamily and Luhan chuckled; he was completely smitten. 

 

“How long have you known him?” Chen piped in, similarly to Luhan, he was rather interested in whoever it was that had managed to catch the giant’s attention. 

 

“I met him the other day.” Chanyeol smirked. “I was a complete gentleman and I gave him my number and he hasn’t called me back!” His smirk turned into a wail as he put his head between his hands. 

 

“You met him the other day and you’re already making wedding plans?” Kai wasn’t even trying to hide the sarcasm in his voice, and he was promptly hit again by Luhan. 

 

“Let him be...it’s romantic.”

 

“It’s dumb.” Said Kai. “You have no clue if he’s the one.”

 

Chanyeol suddenly stood up and his friends looked at him in surprise. 

 

“I’m going to the beach.” He declared. 

 

“It’s one o’clock at night.” Said Luhan glancing at his watch. 

 

“I don’t care, he might be there.” Said Chanyeol and before any of them could stop them he’d jumped up and ran out of the room. 

 

The three of them stared at each other until Chen’s gaze was drawn to Xiumin’s face as quiet snoring filled the room. 

 

“Right, I’ll be off then.” Chen decided not to question Chanyeol decision, he’d always been impulsive like this, doing whatever he wanted, and he had to admit it, they did baby him a little, him being the only human and all.

 

“See ya.” Luhan waved the two off, a small smile on his face as Chen gently carried the cute sleeping boy out of the room. 

 

“How long do you think they’re  going to last?” Asked Kai, leaning back against the arm of the sofa so Luhan couldn’t hit him.

 

“Why are you so skeptical?” Asked the older boy. “Shouldn’t you be the one all for the one and only true love with your werewolf mating thing?”

 

Kai shrugged. “I’m not mated.”

 

“That’s not the point.” Luhan interrupted him and leant his head back against the sofa so that he was staring at the ceiling. “I wish I had a mate. Someone already made for me, predetermined, made to love me. But no...instead I get an arranged marriage to some stuck-up royal fairy.”

 

Kai didn’t say anything, so Luhan knew something was wrong. Well, he already knew something was wrong, Kai was never this snappy, maybe sometimes he would sass some of his friends, but generally he was quiet and laid-back. But tonight he was being a complete , and he was only like this when he was bothered by something. 

 

“What is it?” Asked Luhan looking pointedly at Kai. 

 

The werewolf wondered whether he should pretend he didn’t know what Luhan was talking about, but then he did want to talk about it. He wanted advice. 

 

“I think I’ve found my mate.” He said slowly and Luhan brightened, clapping his hands. 

 

“What? That’s great...” He paused as Kai was staring blankly at the wall. “Isn’t it?”

 

Kai let out a sigh. “He’s human.”

 

Luhan’s mouth opened and he let out a small ‘oh’. For a vampire like him it wasn’t a big deal being with a human, but werewolves were a lot more cut-off, and they only liked to mate in their own race, a bit set-back in Luhan’s eyes, but that was how they were. And there was a good reason at least. Very few humans could handle the mating process with a werewolf. They needed to be bitten, which was something only around 5% could survive and then would have to undergo transformation which could cripple them for life. So no wonder they were wary of mating with anyone that wasn’t werewolf. And that wasn’t all. Kai was an alpha, so he’d be expected to have a powerful Luna by his side. Definitely not a human. 

 

This wasn’t the first time but Luhan wondered how werewolves were the only race to have a mate. What was it that made them so different? How could they possibly know that that one person was the one they were meant to be with for the rest of their life? And if so shouldn’t it work both ways? So why was Kai mated to a human? Luhan gritted his teeth, don’t think just accept it, he said to himself and looked over at Kai. 

 

“You know whatever you do, we’ll support you.”

 

Kai didn’t answer, but he didn’t need to, the two had known each for years, and Luhan knew Kai’s silence often spoke more than his words ever did. He was grateful yes, but he’d been hoping Luhan would tell him what to do. He didn’t want to reject the human but he couldn’t have a human as a mate. He was an alpha. He needed someone who was strong. He needed someone else.