I Met You

Cupid's Touch

I Met You

Tao head was reeling from Baekhyun's essay like speech. He knew the basics of the supernatural world; but he hadn't know that much detail. He knew about the Supernatural Council, and he knew his people were descended from the legendary Sirens, powerful mystical creatures of the ocean. But that was about it, to be honest, he'd thought vampires were exinct until he met Baelhyun, and until Sehun had given him legs he'd never seen humans. 

 

He wouldn't believe in fairies if his best friend wasn't one; okay that was a lie, Tao had always believed in everything his grandma had told him about. She had so many stories, and he always had time to listen. He shifted slightly, not to wake Sehun, who seemed to slip in and out of sleep, adding his two cents to the conversation and then falling back asleep again. Tao ran his hands through his friend's hair, giggling and laughing as Baekhyun and Kyungsoo chatted, the latter opening up more and more as time passed, until he was laughing out loud by the time evening came and the sun was setting. 

 

"You can stay here if you want."  Said Tao suddenly when he noticed how dark it was outside. 

 

Kyungsoo's smile slid off his face. "I-it's fine."

 

"Nonsense." Baekhyun dismissed him. "It's dangerous to go out at night; you're a pretty young thing, who knows what could happen?"

 

"We have three spare rooms." Tao said cheerfully and he pushed Sehun of his lap and grabbed Kyungsoo's hand. "Please stay."

 

"Hey!" Sehun looked annoyed and sat up. "Stay, you could get hurt if you try and go home now, Tao can't drive and I wouldn't trust Baekhyun to even get down the street in one piece if he's driving."

 

Kyungsoo was surprised; that was the most Sehun had said all evening, maybe the fairy (he had learnt what Sehun was after some serious hinting that he still hadn't figured out what the handsome boy was) was warming up to him. He paused for a few seconds; why would his mother start caring about him now?

 

"O-kay." He stuttered, he'd never stayed in anyone's house before.

 

Tao cheered and Baekhyun smiled. "Great, Tao's too big for you, but I can lend you some pajamas and you can sleep in whichever room you want."

 

Kyungsoo nodded as Baekhyun carted him upstairs and Tao dragged Sehun off the sofa. 

 

"Come on, let's go to bed." Said Tao, dragging the fairy upstairs as Sehun blinked slowly.

 

Tao opened the door to his friend's bedroom and shoved him in there. "Night Honey."

 

Tao used his childhood nickname and he heard Sehun's grunt of disapproval but only giggled in response and skipping over to where he could here Baekhyun fussing over Kyungsoo. 

 

"No that's not right. Try these." Baekhyun threw yet another pair of pajamas at the smaller boy.

 

"How many clothes do you have?" Kyungsoo was rather in awe.

 

Baekhyun shrugged. "Well, once I got turned I didn't grow so I've had about eighty years to collect all this stuff." 

 

"Eighty years? You're not that old then, for a vampire I mean..." Kyungsoo didn't know why he assumed all vampires would at least over a thousand years old.

 

"No, I suppose not, although you'd be surprised, vampires who're over a hundred years old are actually extremely rare, as it's only in the 21st century that all the technology, like anti-sun pills and stuff were invented, so it's a lot easier to live as vampire now than back then. Although there's a lot more regulations so vampires have less free reign, can't go turning anyone they want anymore."

 

"Right..." Kyungsoo pulled on the fifth pair of pajamas, these a simple blue shirt and matching pants.

 

"Yes." Baekhyun clapped his hands. "Perfect. Now just choose which room you want."

 

"Um, whichever...it is your house..." Kyungsoo said quietly and Tao bounded in. 

 

"Nice PJs Soo, chosen a room yet?" Tao jumped on Baekhyun's bed and looked happily at Kyungsoo. "You can sleep in the blue room, the green room or the pink room."

 

"I really don't mind." Kyungsoo insisted so Basekhyun shrugged.

 

"Go in the blue one then, it's got an attached bathroom, I'll show you to it, I'm pretty sure there's spare toothbrushes and toothpaste and you can have a shower if you want."

 

Once again, Baekhyun lightly pushed Kyungsoo in the direction of the bedroom as Tao wished the two of them goodnight before going to his own. He lay down on his bed, pondering the events of the day. He'd made a friend. A human friend. He smiled. 

 

Suddenly something beeped on his the small table next to his bed. He sat up, his smile widening, and he placed his hand on the small bowl of water, diamter just as wide as his fingers, and quickly tapped the buttons on his alarm. 

 

Silence.

 

And then suddenly, even though the windows were closed a gust of wind blew through the room and Tao concentrated, thinking of beautful rainbow reefs, darting silver fish, tinkering laughs and flitting tails. He opened his eyes and pulled his hand away from the bowl, and a pair of large, silver eyes stared back at him. 

 

"Tao!" His sister said and he laughed. 

 

"Move back from the bowl, you're too close." 

 

She complied and Tao was able to see the ethereal blue the surrounded his sister, her silvery hair floating around her, similarly coloured fins mixed in with it and her slightly darker tailed flitted back and forth as she kept herself floating upright. 

 

"How are you?" She asked. "What's the human school like?"

 

Tao lit up and began to explain to her all about meeting his human friend, and she looked surprised that he had made friend so fast. He still hadn't told her about Baekhyun though, he knew she would dissapprove of him being friends with a vampire. Historically, the two races did not get along. They talked well into the night, Tao wanting to know how all his other sisters where, how his mother and father were doing and Laia, despite her quiet personality seemed pleased to see him again, the two had been close before he left after all, and she gave him updates on what was happening in the underwater world. 

 

Finally they bid each other goodbye, with Tao promising he'd check back in soon, Laia saying she'd give the family his love, Tao watched her swim away, gazing at the beautiful scenery, dark green seaweed swaying and slim metallic fish swimming past him, before lightly spalshed the water in the bowl and the image faded. 

 

He lay back down on his bed, the small twinge of homsickness quickly forgotten as he thought of the next day. He'd already made a friend and it was only the first day. If he made a friend a day, he could have more than 300 friends by the end of the year. 

 

Never mind less than a 100 people actually attended his school.