014

It's Not Easy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days later, Ten is awake at five o'clock. He had been feeling restless all night, so he finally decides to just get up. No one else is awake, they don't have to leave until seven. After using the restroom, Ten heads into the kitchen. 

 

He figures since he doesn't have anything better to do, he might as well cook a nice big breakfast for everyone. It's been a little while since all of them got to eat a meal together. It was usually a few of them here and there, but very rarely did they ever eat all together. Soybean soup, rice, kimchi and fried eggs is what Ten decided on making. It is simple, but filling at the same time. Now, Ten knows he isn't the best cook, but he wasn't Mark, so that counted for something. 

 

Ten gets to work with taking out all of the ingredients he will need so he doesn't have to keep going back over to the fridge. See, he's careful. 

 

Ten starts to hum a tune as he chops up the tofu, he is feeling good this morning, so why shouldn't he be happy? Ten was moving on to the veggies that Taeyong had just stocked up on, when Taeil walks into the kitchen. 

 

"Good morning hyung, you're up early! You should try to get some more sleep." Ten says lightly. 

 

"I can't go back to sleep. But what are you doing up so early? You should be resting."

 

"I went to bed earlier than usual yesterday. So now I'm up. I decided that it would be a good idea if I made breakfast for everyone, since we haven't been able to enjoy a meal together recently." 

 

Taeil hums in agreement. "Here let me help, that way it will go much faster."

 

"Sure hyung, you can get started on the kimchi please." Ten says, glad that he would have to take only half of the responsibility of getting everyone sick. 

 

Taeil does so, and Ten goes back to the soup. 

 

"Hey Ten?"

 

"Yeah hyung?"

 

"It's nothing really, I've just been wondering. Are you going to give the kids an English, Korean, or Thai name?" 

 

Huh, Ten never really thought about that. His kids will be learning an array of languages and cultures, the poor things. "I think we will give them a Korean name, since they'll be living here. But I might also give them Thai names too though. English... well we'll see about that one."

 

Taeil chuckles at that. 

 

After about 40 minutes of small talk and giggles, breakfast was finally ready. Taeil took it upon himself to wake the others while Ten set the table. Seventeen plates, and cups, and forks, and spoons. It was a wonder how everyone fit at the table. 

 

Jaehyun and Mark were the first ones to come greet Ten before taking their seats. Soon enough, Donghyuck, Renjun, Chenle and Jisung come down as well. All of them with their eyes closed and uniforms on. Soon, everyone had finally come to the table, half of them looking dead, while the other half looked too happy for the time of day. 

 

"Ten hyung, you cooked?" Donghyuck asked, and Ten can't tell if that is disgust or relie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter