Flight 3

나의 천사 (My Angel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mom, I'm going to Angel Wings now!" I wrote on my sketchpad.
"Vernon will be here for dinner with his mom and dad so don't come home too late okay?"
"I'll be home by 6PM! I'm sure Sister Mary will give me something delicious to eat for lunch!"
"Just don't be a big nuisance for them, okay?"

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me to Angel Wings House which is only 7-8 blocks away from my house. Normally I'd be taking my time, waving at all of the neighbors along the way but I can't help it. Today is a different day. Today, Jeonghan promised to see me again.

Right, his name is Jeonghan. He's the angel I met yesterday! I even dreamed of him last night! I want to touch his wings again! His long, golden hair fits him perfectly.

I dash to the gate, recorder in hand. I got this recorder last month, I can record all of the songs I play with my piano and listen to them whenever I wanted. Today, I'm planning on playing a song for him. There's a huge piano in Angel Wings.

"Good morning, Miya. You're early today!" I smiled at Sister Mary enthusiastically, grabbing my pen and sketchpad.
"Yes! Can I use the piano later, Sister?"
"Of course. You're the only kid who uses it anyway."
"Thank you!"

I politely bowed to Sister Mary before running to the field. There was already someone's shadow. When that someone turned around, I knew in an instant. His golden hair danced with the wind. He didn't tie his hair today.

"You're here!" I spoke to him through my mind.
"I told you I'd come, didn't I?"
"How long can you stay today?"
"Mmmm.." He mumbled, playing with his locks. "Probably longer than yesterday."
"Good! I wanted to show you something!"
"Really? What is it?"
"No one else can see you right? It's only me, right?"
"Yeah."
"Come on!"

I grabbed his wrist and led him to the piano room in Angel Wings. I expected my hand to pass through, but it didn't! He was really there! He felt so real. Maybe I can completely convince myself now that I'm not just dreaming.

"So...um..." He spoke, and that's when I realized I was still holding his wrist. I let go, a slight shade of red showing on my cheeks.
"I want to give this to you." I handed him the recorder. His eyes were fixated on it. It seems like he has never seen one before.
"What does this do? Is this an explosive?" He grabbed the recorder from my hand and observed it from top to bottom. I let out a small laugh because of his reaction.
"No way! I'd never carry an explosive!" I moved towards him. "This is called a recorder, silly."
"Why are you giving this to me?"
"You can record the sounds that you hear through this and then you can play them again and again. Watch." I pressed the record button on the recorder and then a random key on the piano. I pressed the record button again. "Now that we've recorded that, here's how you play it." I pressed the play button and the random note I just made replayed. Jeonghan's eyes grew in fascination. "That's how it works."
"Wow! This is awesome! I've never seen anything like this."
"Want to give it a try?" I urged him.
"O-okay...don't laugh if I get it wrong!" He pressed the record button. "I met Miya again today and she taught me how to use a recorder! This is the best day of my life!" He pressed the record button again. "There. How did I do?"
"Y-you were good! B...but why did you say that?" I looked down, embarrassed.
"It's true! This is the best day of my life! I learned how to use a gadget that humans use!"

Stupid Miya. Of course he's happy because of the recorder. Why would you think being with you could be the best day of his life? Pabo.

"You're not stupid." He cut my thoughts, making me jump slightly. "I'm very happy to be with you too."
"You mean it?"
"Mmm." He nodded, giving me yet another killer smile.
"Hey, can you press the record button?"
"Why?" He asked.
"Just do it!" I exclaimed and he gladly did as asked.

I decided to play a Yiruma classic since I failed to memorize upbeat concertos I'd really like him to listen to as of now, but I knew he'd like this piece. It's entitled "Sky".

I let my fingers touch the keys, closing my eyes as I let myself drown in the music. My mother would often scold me for memorizing Yiruma songs instead of classical pieces. Not that I don't like them, I respect the classical composers a lot, but I just enjoy playing Yiruma songs. 

I picked this song especially from Jeonghan since he came from the sky. Since yesterday, whenever I thought of this piece, I would always see Jeonghan's smiling face and imagine he's waiting for me on the field just like he did earlier. When it ended, I heard an applause.

"That was really good!"
"Now that's saved in your recorder, you can play that again and again in heaven!"
"Wait, you're giving this to me?"
"Of cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter