Flight 2

나의 천사 (My Angel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung! Wait!" I turned around, surprised that someone has been following me despite being the most discreet I've ever been when I l left.

"Jisoo-ya! What are you doing here?"
"Yah, I should be the one asking that to you silly! What are you doing here? Do you know where you are?"
"Of course I do! Besides, I'm just going to watch."
"Jeonghan hyung, you really are very weird. Why are you so interested in these humans?"
"Do you hear millions of prayers every day? They're fascinating!"
"Come again..."
"You know what, you can go back if you don't like it. I'll be there when I'm done."
"Hey, what if somebody catches you here?"
"No one's going to catch me...unless you tell." I winked at Jisoo, earning a defeated sigh from him.

Jisoo (or Joshua, yet I still prefer calling him that) has been my bestfriend since who knows how long. We play together and we really get along well. I don't have a family unlike the others but he treats me well. I am under the care of 2 angels who do not have a child. They say that God has asked them to look after me.

Right now, I am watching the vast windows to the human world. The bustling crowds, the people, the city lights... everything is just so amazing. Unlike all of the other young angels, I am strangely too interested about humans. I'd watch them for hours here and of course Jisoo doesn't tell anyone. It's still surprising how I haven't gotten any punishment from God until now. You can't keep anything from him.

Today again, I am watching the beautiful girl who plays the piano in her house. I have already saved her from an accident before. She almost hurt herself my going to the streets alone, causing a vehicle accident to happen - ALMOST. I stopped the car with all my ability and got cuts and bruises the day after which earned me a lot of scolding from my parents, but knowing she's alright gave me the best assurance I could ask. She's a mute though. Sometimes, I can't refrain asking myself why I'm so fascinated by a girl who can't even talk yet here I am.

The girl's name is Miya. She was born a mute. Her mother is a musician and a good cook, they run a small restaurant in town. Her father is a respected general. They've been to so many doctors and spiritual healers yet they do not have anything for her situation. It's quite saddening. It's been her prayer since she was young. Because of her being inability to speak, she's been taken for granted by others.

"Miya, get me a glass of water." Another bully at Angel Wings, an orphan house where her mother is a volunteer during the weekends, ordered her around.
"..." Miya only nodded, yet I can understand all her thoughts. I can read her mind, knowing her responses to people.
"Hey, that's not fair!" I shouted, not caring about whether they can hear me.
"..." A few moments later, she came back with a glass of water in hand which she handed to the bully.
"What the hell?!" The bully spit out the water. "This is too cold!"
"I'm sorry..." She thought, but could only manage to give an apologetic face.
"Hey, you! Do your job right!" The bully poured the remaining water right above her head, making Miya a wet mess. My hands quickly curled into fists as I watched, my thoughts tainted by my rage.
"..." Poor Miya sobbed and that was the edge. He shouldn't have done it in the first place.

I made the teacup with fresh, hot tea float in mid-air without anyone noticing. I poured all my focus into it because it was something I've never done befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter