Chapter 2

The B-Boy & The Mushroom Princess

Tiffany’s POV:

The rest of the class went by pretty quickly for Tiffany, ignoring Jay’s presence and focusing on the class at hand. In between doing her classwork she started talked more and more with Taeyeon, learning about each other. The two instantly clicked and becoming friends immediately much to the annoyance of Jay who had to sit through the class listening to them whispering and giggling with each other. Every now and then Tiffany would look over at Jay with curiosity still not able to shake the weird feeling she had before. Sometimes Jay would catch her staring causing him to grin and wink in her direction. In which case Tiffany would immediately look in the other direction.

Class had finally ended and Taeyeon had invited Tiffany to eat lunch with her at the cafeteria. As they were getting up to leave the class Jay had quickly ran past them accidently bumping into Tiffany. He turned around at the slight condition with annoyed look on his face before he realised who it was.

“Oops sorry beautiful but I have to be going now. I’ll see you later,” He said whilst winking before running off leaving Tiffany thoroughly flustered.

“Ugh PIG!!” Tiffany shouted in his direction when she finally came to her senses but he was already gone.

“Come on Tiffany ignore him and let’s go eat I’m getting hungry,” Taeyeon said while staring at the other girl.

“Huh? Oh yeah sorry let’s go Tae,” Tiffany said smiling at Taeyeon.

“Tae?” Taeyeon asked raising an eyebrow.

“Does that offend you? Oh I’m sorry. I just like calling my friends by nicknames. I hope you don’t mind?” Tiffany answered.

“Oh. No that’s fine just call me whatever you’re most comfortable with,”

“Ok Tae, that reminds me back in the states my friends just called me Fany so you can use that if you want,” She replied. “Let’s go eat. You lead the way,”


Following Taeyeon through the campus Tiffany was learning about all the various campus buildings from Taeyeon almost like a guided tour. Finally reaching the cafeteria after five minutes of walking it was bigger than she thought. A large open court yard with various food stalls scattered around the perimeter and with all the benches situated in the middle organised in neat rows. It wasn’t too filled up with students taking her by surprise since it was around lunch time.

Sensing her confusion Taeyeon spoke up again. “Don’t worry it’s always like this here. Since the campus is located near the centre of Seoul a lot of the students on campus eat lunch off campus. As for me I like to eat here because it’s quieter and more convenient since my class schedule is packed,”

Tiffany nodded her head as she continued to look around deciding which foods she wanted.

“In any since you’re new here and we’re friends maybe another time we can go into Seoul and go exploring if you wish,” Taeyeon added.

“That would be cool sure but right now I’m hungry,” Tiffany answered.

“Eh? Oh oops sorry for rambling. You’re right let’s go get something to eat,” Taeyeon said while laughing.

After getting some food they stood around deciding on where to sit when some loud shouting could be heard to their side.

“TAEYEON UNNIE OVER HERE!!”

Both girls turned to see where the voices were coming from to see three girls. There were two of them standing and calling for Taeyeon to come over while the third was sitting down quietly reading a book to herself. Taeyeon immediately recognising them motioned Tiffany to follow her as she walked in their direction.

“Come on Tiff there’s some people I’d like to introduce you to,” Walking together to the group of girls. They waved at Taeyeon as the two approached and the third girl looked up acknowledging them.

“Hey unnie how have you been and who’s this?” One of the girls asked.

“Hey girls it’s good to see you. I’ve been good. This is Tiffany a new student from America and I guess new friend as well,” Taeyeon said introducing Tiffany to the group before facing in Tiffany’s direction. “Oh Tiffany this is Yoona and Yuri or as I like to call them YoonYul and the quiet one over there is Seohyun. These are my friends,” She said smiling.

All the girls exchanged greetings as Tiffany and Taeyeon sat down with their food ready to eat.

“So Tiffany how are you finding Korea so far?” Yuri asked.

“Um it’s been good so far. Still trying to get used to a new place. It’s so different to back in America but I like it. The only thing bothering me is not having my family and best friend here with me,” She answered.

“Well don’t worry about it too much we’ll make sure to make you feel at home,” Yuri said smiling.

“Tiffany unnie have you seen any cute guys that caught you eye here yet or do you already have boyfriend,” Yoona asked.

“No I’m single right now and no I haven’t seen any cute guys yet,” Tiffany answered. “Anyway there’s plenty of time for that. Like I said before I’m just trying to get familiar with this place and studying is my first priority,”

“Omo. That sounds boring we already have one person who spends all their time studying and reading we don’t need another,” Yuri said.

“Yuri unnie I only study a lot so I can maximise my marks so I have the highest opportunities of success after I graduate. Unnie I think you need to study more your scores haven’t been the best,” Seohyun stated bluntly.

Yuri went silent at the latter girl’s statement mouth widened. The rest of the girl’s laughed at the shocked expression plastered on Yuri’s face.

“Hahaha. Sorry Yul you set yourself up for that one,” Taeyeon said unable to stop the laughing.

The laughing soon died down and everyone sat in relative silence as they went back to eating their food. The girls were quite content with talking quietly to each other as Tiffany got to know all three girls and in return she told them about her life becoming comfortable with each other. They were enjoying the chat until a loud shouting and laughing could be heard from the entrance of the cafeteria as four guys entered. Looking at the four boys Tiffany immediately recognised Jay in the middle of the group.

“Oh great I was enjoying lunch too,” Taeyeon muttered to herself but still in ear shot of the rest of the girls.

“Unnie just ignore them. We don’t want another confrontation,” Yoona said patting Taeyeon’s shoulder to calm her down.

Tiffany was curious about who the other guys were and what Yoona meant by confrontation. She tapped Yuri’s shoulder to gain her attention. “Sorry Yuri but what was Yoona talking about?”

“Oh yeah I forgot your new so those guys over there are Jaebeom-shi’s beast friends and social click. Simon, Gray and Loco are their names. They’re all pretty much like Jay a bunch of playboys though Gray-shi and Simon-shi aren’t as bad. But Jaebeom-shi is the biggest player out of all of them,” Yuri explained while pointing at each individual. “Anyway we find them pretty annoying Taeyeon unnie especially there constantly causing trouble around the campus and they’re always giving unnie a hard time. So one day unnie had enough and confronted them all. It wasn’t pretty to say the least,”

Tiffany nodded while looking in the direction of the group of boys. She still had the weird feeling about Jay and she couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. She was racking her brain trying to remember anything that might be related to Jay. All the while she kept staring at him realising his face seemed familiar as if she’s seen him before but she couldn’t quite put a finger on it. Both Yoona and Yuri had realised that Tiffany was really quiet and noticed her staring at Jay. Yuri who was sitting next to her shook her shoulder snapping her from her thoughts.

“Fany-ah are you okay? You seem confused right now,” Yuri asked.

“Why are you staring at Jaebeom-shi? You’re not interested in him are you?” Yoona asked curiously.

“What? No of course not I don’t like playboys at all,” Tiffany answered focusing back on the current conversation.

“Ok unnie was just checking you seem to be spaced out and you’re staring in his direction,” Yoona replied.

“Oh no it’s nothing like that it’s just there’s something bothering me about him,” Tiffany said while looking at Jay again.

“Oh what is it? You can tell us since we’re friends now,” Yuri speaking up again.

“It’s just I get this weird feeling as if I knew him before but that can’t be right since I’m from the states,” Tiffany said.

“Hmmm if you want to know a little more Taeyeon unnie is the person to ask. Out of all of us she’s known him the longest,” Yuri stated.

“What are you girls talking about?” Taeyeon asked joining the conversation.

“Oh Tiffany just wanted to know more about Jaebeom-shi and since you’ve known him longer than we have, we were wondering if you could help,” Yuri pleaded.

“Aish I don’t really want to talk about him but if you’re curious I’ll tell you,” Taeyeon sighed and took another breath before continuing. “I actually don’t know him personally I’ve known since high school. He was a new transfer student in our school we didn’t get much information about him other than the fact he was from America,”

“Wait he came from America? I didn’t know that,” Yuri said.

“Well that explains why he can speak English so well. I’ve heard him talk in English before around campus chatting up the international students,” Seohyun spoke up.

“Actually that’s not all you know what was weird?” Taeyeon spoke again pausing before the rest of the girls motioned her to continue. “When he first moved here he was really scrawny and nerdy looking and he kept to himself a lot. It wasn’t until he started hanging out with those three did he change into the Jay Park we all know,”

Tiffany sat in silence taking in all the information she had been given and started putting some of the pieces together. Moved to Korea at the start of high school so he must have attended school in America up until the end of school. She tried to remember back in middle school for more clues. Taeyeon said he was kind of scrawny and nerdy looking that seemed to trigger something as she remembered her best friend Jessica. She vaguely remembers someone else a short nerdy boy who used to hang out with her Jessica. His name was Park Jaebeom too. Thinking to herself it couldn’t be as she looked over in his direction again studying his face. The longer she stared at his face the more it seemed to be familiar.

“No it can’t be who I think it is,” She muttered to herself.

“It can’t be who?” Yuri asked curiously.

“You might not believe me but I think I’ve met Jaebeom-shi before back in America,” She said.

“What do you mean?” Yoona asked confusedly.

“What I mean is if he is who I think it is then,” She paused after taking a deep breath. “Then he was the other best friend of my best friend Jessica. We used to hang out with this boy named Park Jaebeom and like Taeyeon unnie described him he was nerdy looking. Well until the end of middle school before he disappeared without a word. All we heard was that his family had moved and he transferred away,”

“Wow this can’t be coincidence,” Taeyeon said after listening to the story.

“I can’t be sure though since I’d have to talk him,” Tiffany said dejected. “But if it is him then I need to know. My friend was pretty upset when she found out he left so I feel like she could use the closure. In any case if it is him he’s changed so much I wonder what happened,”

Even though she had connected some of the dots she wasn’t entirely sure as she kept staring at his face. She was staring for so long that Jay had noticed and looked over at her giving her a wink. Tiffany looked away feeling the all too familiar rush of blood in her cheeks as she blushed and looked away.


Hey sorry about the wait on this chapter I don't have preset schedules on when I update. I just update when I have some spare time from university. But I hope you enjoyed the chapter anyway. Please leave a comment and shoot me friend request if you want I'm always happy to talk about anything kpop.