Chapter 1

The B-Boy & The Mushroom Princess

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The sound of the obnoxiously loud alarm clock immediately woke Jay up from his sleep. Still wanting more sleep and to recover from the night the previous night he threw his hand on the snooze button. Closing his eyes again to try and trying to get back to comfortable sleeping position, a loud banging could be heard from his door.

“What the is going on?” Jay said talking to himself.

“JAY GET OUT OF BED FIRST DAY OF THE SEMESTER AND YOU’RE RUNNING LATE,” A voice shouted from outside the door.

Waking up fully now Jay had a raging migraine from drinking too much at the club last night. He got up lazily and grabbed a towel before heading out of his room. Opening the door to only find Gray standing there with his arms crossed. Jay glaring at his friend for waking him up.

“Dude you look like right now,” Gray said laughing.

“Shut up and let me get ready,” Jay snapped.

“Whatever man it’s not my fault you went out last night and had too much to drink. If I remember correctly I told you classes were starting again today but you didn’t listen,” Gray saying but falling on deaf ears as Jay made his way to the bathroom.

“Yeah Yeah,” was his answer.

Shaking his head at the head of his best friend Gray went to wait for Jay to get ready for classes. Sitting in the lounge room and playing on his phone to pass the time. His phone started ringing, checking the caller ID and seeing it was Simon answered it.

“Yeoboseyo,” Gray said answering the call.

“Yeoboseyo, are you guys ready yet? Loco and I are on our way to pick you guys up,” Simon asked.

“Sorry hyung Jay is currently ready and nursing a nice little hangover right now. But by all means come on by he should be ready by the time you guys get here,”

“Ok we’ll be there in a few. See ya,” Simon said before hanging up.

Going back to playing with his phone for a while, he lied down on the couch. A few minutes had passed and Jay was finally ready. Frowning at his friend before grinning to himself Gray hadn’t noticed his presence. Walking over to the couch he promptly pushed him off laughing as he did. Recovering from the fall Gray got up groaning.

“What the was that for?” He asked.

“I’ve warned you plenty of times about just lying down all over the sofa,” Jay said reprimanding him.

“AIsh. For someone who lives the way you do, you’re a pretty big neat freak,” Gray said looking at Jay from top to bottom. “Why you all dressed up from man?”

“What can I say I have reputation to uphold? Can’t be seen wearing shabby clothing can I? Anyway it’s all for the ladies,” Jay answered smugly.

“Shut up man, as if there’s any girl at the campus you haven’t slept with anyway who’s left to impress,” Gray said laughing.

“You talk as if it’s been all the girls when that’s obviously not true. I only the attractive ones,” Jay said smirking earning a look from Gray.

“You’re a terrible person you know that?” he said.

Jay shrugged at the comment simply smiling, obviously unaffected by the slight dig at his lifestyle. As the two were standing in silence a knocking sound could be heard from the front door.

“Must be Simon hyung with Loco. They called a bit earlier to say they were picking us up,” Gray stated. Jay just nodded and they both headed to the door.

“Yah you lazy bastards better be ready,” Simon shouted just as Jay opened the door. “Oops sorry guys,”

“Hey hyung let’s get going. Sup Loco last night was lit hey?” Jay said walking past Simon and high fiving Loco,”

“You know it hyung. But no luck on getting any girls though,” Loco said.

“All in good time my man. All in good time,” Jay replied. “Anyway I wonder if there’ll be some new hot girls this semester. You know get on that grind again,”

“To quote my past self. You’re a terrible person Jay,” Gray said.

“Dude seriously the semester hasn’t even started properly and you’re already looking to hook up,” Simon said. “When are you going to get to grow up and find a girl to settle down with?”

“Settling down sounds boring and I’m still young there’s still plenty of time for that,” Jay answered.

That was the end of the conversation as the 4 boys jumped into Simon’s car and headed to college. It wasn’t a long ride since Jay’s apartment was only 5 minutes away from the campus. Parking the car the 4 of them headed into the campus surveying their surroundings.

“Hmm plenty of new girls I’m liking the sight of this,” Jay commented while walking and winking at a random girl that walked past.

The girl’s face flushed red and she giggled before running off. Jay just smirked at his actions whilst his friends were there shaking their heads.

 


 

Across the campus in the boarding rooms Tiffany had been getting ready and trying to make sense of everything. Arriving in a foreign country just 2 days ago, though you wouldn’t know it being Korean-American she looked Korean but grew up in America so Korea was a whole new thing for her. She hadn’t planned to go to college here but her parents had insisted on her going to Korea and studying. There reasoning, to get in touch with her Korean heritage and to become independent that she could handle but what the thing that she couldn’t handle was being without her best friend in America, Jessica. They were practically sisters and had grown up with each other and now here she was all alone, she hadn’t even said a proper goodbye as she was rushing to get ready to go to Korea.

When she had arrived in Korea she was unsure about the whole thing and was reluctant about the whole idea but being a very determined girl she wasn’t one to back down. So she decided to make the best of it and was going to tackle this new challenge head on. Looking down at her phone she saw the phone and realised she was running extremely late.

“Oops guess I was just spacing out again,” Tiffany said talking to herself. “Got to make sure I don’t do that often otherwise people might think I’m weird,”

Rushing out of her dorm she ran to her first class. Mentally scolding herself for being late. This was a great start to her studies in Korea. Luckily she already knew where all her classes were as she had taken the time to explore the campus the previous day.

Not paying much attention to her surroundings she was running so fast that she bumped into someone falling over in the process. In that instant she had felt an arm grab hold of her to keep her from falling but it wasn’t enough as she landed on the ground. But something was up, when she finally recovered from the impact she looked up to only find a handsome face just inches from her. The close proximity of their faces caused her to blush a crimson red and she looked away in embarrassment.

Looking up again there was a look of concern on his. “Hey are you okay?”

“Ah yeah thanks,” she replied.

Just now noticing their position the boy got up and held his hand for her to take and promptly taking his queue she got up.

“I’m so sorry I wasn’t watching where I wasn’t going,” she apologised.

“Umm no problem,” He answered looking her over up and down. His expression changed as a smirk made its way to his face. “Hey you’re cute and pretty hot. We should go out sometime, my name is Jay,”

Realising the type of person he was, Tiffany immediately felt disgusted by his actions.

“Thanks for the offer but no thanks, I’m not looking for a hook up,” She stated firmly. “So if you’ll excuse me I have a class I need to get to,”

“Suits your self sweetheart but the offer’s on the table when you change your mind,” Jay answered with a smirk.

Though she tried to act disgusted by his actions she couldn’t control the blush making its way to her face so she turned around and ran off in the direction of her class.

“Aish Tiffany what are you doing that guy is obviously a player?” She said scolding herself. She tried shaking the thought of him but all she could think about was how cute he looked.

 


 

Making it to her classroom Tiffany walked in and stop to survey the room most of the seats were taken and all the students were talking with each other. She wasn’t sure where to sit. Not long after the teacher walked in.

“Ah you must be the new student from America,” He stated while Tiffany nodded. “Okay class listen up we have a new student this year from America. If you would look in this direction and let her introduce herself, Miss?”

“Hwang. Tiffany Hwang or just Tiffany choose whatever you’re most comfortable with. Hello everyone nice to meet you all. I am from America but I’m of Korean descent and can speak Korean but no 100% fluent so please take care of me and I hope we have a great year ahead of us,” Tiffany addressing the whole class.

Just as she finished speaking the classroom door swung open and Jay walked in unapologetically. Looking over at Tiffany standing there he smirked in her direction. Tiffany saw him recognising him immediately and tried to avoid his stare.

“Good to see you Park Jaebeom. I’m glad to see that the school break has improved your time management skills. You’re only 5 minutes late this year,” the teacher said to Jay.

Quietly thinking to herself at the interaction she had this weird feeling. That name she hear somewhere before. She shook the feeling off.

“No problem boss it’s going to be a great year this year I’m sure of it,” He answered nonchalantly.

“Ok Mr. Park why don’t you take a seat then and Tiffany looks as though the only seat available is next to Jaebeom so please have a seat,” he ordered.

Tiffany sighed at thought of sitting next to the smug playboy but she had no choice. Walking over taking the seat she slumped down and tried to focus on the class. Feeling a tap on her shoulder she looked over at the girl sitting next to her.

“Hey my name is Taeyeon and nice to meet you,” She said introducing herself.

“Hey it’s nice to meet you as well. I hope we can be friends,” Tiffany said smiling receiving a smile in return. Looking around she found the girls around her glaring at her, Taeyeon also noticing the stares.

“Yeah that’d be great. Oh and don’t worry about them they’re just jealous that you get to sit next to ‘The Jay Park’,” she said explaining earning a confused look from Tiffany. “Over there is the most popular student on this campus and huge playboy. But all the girls love him and all the guys want to be him. Well almost all, I don’t see it,”

“Spreading hateful rumours about me again Kim Taeyeon and here I thought we could be friends?” Jay said speaking up.

“Don’t you know it’s rude to eavesdrop on people’s conversations Park Jaebeom?” She retorted.

“Well when the conversation is about me then I have to know what’s being said,” He replied then looking at Tiffany and smirking. “Hey beautiful it’s nice to see you again,”

“Like I said before thanks but no thanks,” Tiffany scoffed.

Laughing to himself he moved his attention back to the teacher. But the weird feeling she had before returned when she heard the laugh. Like she knows it already. She sat there staring at his direction and now that she thinks about it he looks kind of familiar but she can’t quite put a finger on it. Jay looked over in that moment and smirked again.

“Stop staring at me. What have you fallen in love with me already?” He asked smugly.

Tiffany snapped out of her trance. “In your dreams playboy,”

Both of them turned away at the statement and went back to paying attention to the current class.

 


 

So first chapter is up let me know what you guys think and comment please.