Benefits

Shotgun

The sun was too bright. Way too bright. With a groan, you roll over to hide your face from the rays. Before you're able to roll onto your stomach to bury your face into the pillow, you find yourself coming in contact with some really toned, sturdy and quite comforting. Eyes still closed, you frown a little and try to push it away. It’s only when you hear a y chuckle that your eyes snap open and see that man lying beside you.

“We’ve only just started dating but you want to push me away already?” Sehun chuckles as he caresses your cheek. That’s when you remember what happened last night. Right. Last night…

Peering up, Sehun is currently propped up on his elbow with his head resting in the palm of his hand. His other hand is resting on your hip.

“Good morning,” you greet him in a whisper.

Sehun smiles softly down at you. “Good morning,” he replies, his voice still husky from sleep. You have to bite your lip to prevent yourself from smiling too wide. What a wonderful thing to be greeted in the morning as soon as you wake up.

“Are you hungry? Or do you want to sleep a little more?” Sehun asks as he runs his hand up and down your side. You shake your head and sit up. You doubt you’d be able to fall back asleep.

“Let’s get something to eat,” you decide. You're about to get out of bed when Sehun grabs you by the wrist and pulls you down again. Before you can react, Sehun presses his lips against yours and is already walking out of the bedroom with a wide smile on his face.

As you watch him walk away, still stunned by what just happened, you notice the tips of Sehun’s ears turning pink.

The both of you had freshened up and are now in the kitchen trying to figure out what to have for breakfast. Looking through the fridge and the pantry, you realise that there’s not much to work with in Sehun’s kitchen overall.

“Do you mind having pancakes?” you ask. Sehun is currently seated on the opposite side of the kitchen island observing you. He shakes his head in reply, so you begin to take everything out to start.

Sehun watches you for a moment from his seat, enjoying how you’re able to fit in so naturally at his place. It’s as if you’ve been here all along. Standing up, Sehun goes to the sink and washes his hands as he offers his help. You glance up at him and smile as you pass him the ingredients you had already measured out for him to start mixing together in a bigger bowl.

Once you're done with your part, you lean against the counter as you watch Shun mixing everything together. Needless to say his arms were very distracting.

“Ah, I should probably - where do you keep your pans?” you ask Sehun when he's done mixing. Sehun goes to get it for you and places it in top of the stove. Turning it on, you wait for the pan to heat up. Sehun washes his hands again since some of the batter had gotten on him whilst mixing.

As you're busy making the pancakes, Sehun stays by your side and watches you with interest. His elbow is propped onto the counter and his chin resting in the palm of his hand. Not knowing how to deal with his gaze, you ask him if anything was wrong.

“Not really,” he answers. “I was just thinking back to when my father would often watch my mother when she cooked, when I was younger. I didn't understand it back then but…” he trails off. You flip the pancake over before glancing over at Sehun.

“But?” you urge him.

“But I suppose I sort of understand it now,” he continues. He then takes the spatula from you and takes your place in front of the stove. “I’ll do the rest. Could you please set out the table?” he asks. You hesitate for a moment.

“Are you sure? I can finish the rest instead” you tell him.

“No, it’s alright. I want to. I mean, because, well,” Sehun’s cheeks flush a little as he continues, “Since it’s our first morning together and I want to help make our first meal with you.” Sehun keeps his eyes on the pan in front of him as he pours more batter onto it. A big smile is unable to be kept off your face as you gaze at the man beside you. Feeling brave, you take a step forward and press a kiss on Sehun’s shoulder in thanks before going to prepare the table.

When you’re done, you wait a little longer till Sehun is done making the food. Once he’s done, you bring the plate stacked with pancakes towards the dining table. Sehun joins you and sees you observing the items on the plate. He gives you a sheepish smile. “They’re not as nice as the ones you made” he says.

“They look very nice,” you reassure him. You then cut yourself a piece and eat. Sehun has a small smile on his face as he watches you enjoy the food.

“How do you make your ones so pretty?” Sehun mumbles as he pokes at one of the pancakes you made. “Is there some sort of secret to it?” he asks, looking up at you. You take a bite of food and think about it for a moment, as you try to remember how Sehun had done it. You shrug.

“I’m pretty sure you probably just tried to flip it too early. Did you see how there were bubbles forming on the top before you flipped it?” you ask. Sehun nods. “Yeah, there were a few.”

“Try waiting a little longer till more of them form. Then, when you flip it the bottom will be cooked better and it should be easier to flip,” you suggest. Sehun looks so genuinely amazed that you can’t help but laugh.

“Do you cook or bake often?” Sehun questions. You nod and go on to tell him how you really started to enjoy baking since high school and what you enjoy making. When you mention that it’s been a while since you made anything due to the time constraints, Sehun nods thoughtfully.

“How about we make something together next time?” he proposes. Seeing how your face lights up with excitement, Sehun chuckles. “I’ll take it that you agree, then.”

“Do you cook often?” you ask Sehun as the two of you start clearing the table after breakfast is finished. Sehun shakes his head. “I usually just eat out. But I’d say I'm a pretty decent cook,” he says, puffing his chest out a little. You have to bite your lip to stop yourself from laughing. This man is so different at home compared to when he’s at work.

Sehun’s eyes fall down to your lips and he frowns slightly. “Don’t so that,” he mutters as he your bottom lip with his thumb. “If you want your lip a little bruised, I can do that for you,” he adds cheekily. Feeling your cheeks flush, you turn your head away to hide your face. Sehun laughs beside you and wraps his arm around your shoulders, pressing your face into his chest.

“I can’t believe I had to wait almost a year to be able to properly have a moment like this,” he sighs. You look up at him. “Do what?” you ask.

“Do this,” he answers and leans down to kiss you. Your hands hold onto his biceps as you tilt your head further to deepen the kiss. Sehun’s hands trail down to your hips and pulls your body closer to his till it’s completely pressed against him. You let go his arms and slide your arms up to wrap them over his broad shoulders and around his neck. When the both of you run out of air, you finally pull back to catch your breath. By now, Sehun had moved the both of you so that your back was pressed against the counter trapped between it and Sehun’s body.

“We should…” Sehun starts, not really knowing what to say.

“Maybe, perhaps start of the… yeah,” you gesture towards the sink. Sehun nods but he doesn’t make any signs of moving. You peer up at him and when you do, Sehun steals another kiss from you before finally removing himself off you, albeit reluctantly.

“I’ll wash them” he announces. You go to stand next to him. “I’ll help with the drying,” you offer.

Last night after you had told Sehun about willing to give dating a try, the both of you had started off to bed and laid down next to each other. Unlike last time when it started off with a respectable distance in the middle, this time Sehun immediately pulls you closer to him once he joined you under the covers. The both of you laid on your sides, facing each other as you just talked about anything and everything. Just talk. Sehun couldn’t keep himself from having some form of physical contact though. His hand remained on your hip as his thumb would caress your skin underneath your shirt. Well, his shirt that you're wearing.

If you were to be completely honest, you were glad that was all that happened last night. Simply being able to view Sehun’s features up so close for the entire night was able to make your heart race. Any closer and you’re sure to pass out.

“We’ll take our time,” he had assured you as he pulled you closer to him until your head was tucked under his chin. You hadn’t even said anything, but he knew. He understood you.

Once Sehun is done washing everything, he takes the towel from you as soon as you’re done with your current plate so that he could help you finish the rest.

“I can do it,” you smile at him.

“It’s alright. you can help me by keeping me company,” he winks at you. You can’t hold back the giggle that escapes you because Sehun definitely has the best wink you’ve ever seen in your life. Though not perfect, it definitely adds to his charm, as expected. Deciding to be bold, you move behind him and wrap your arms around his torso Sehun stills for moment before relaxing.

“I guess you finally figured out one of the ways I don’t mind you being behind me,” he chuckles as he puts the last dried item away. Turning around, he wraps his arms around you. “Though I do prefer to be the one hugging you instead.”

 

¤

 

“Hey.”

Looking up, you see Junmyeon standing next to you. “Oh! Junmyeon oppa! How have you been?” you smile. It’s been a while since you’ve seen him. He had been overseas for a while on a business trip. You're currently in the photocopier room. Junmyeon goes to one of the spare machines.

“I’ve been well, yourself?” he asks in return as he starts scanning one of his papers. You shrug even though you know he won’t see it. “Same as always” you speak as you compile your paperwork. You glance over at Junmyeon and see that he’s struggling. You want to ask him why he came in himself when he could have gotten someone else to do it. So you do.

“Well, actually – Oh thanks,” he stops short since you had come over to help him operate the machine. You move him aside and get the machine working in a jiffy. When it starts working, you see the impressed expression on Junmyeon’s face. “It just needs a little lovin’,” you tell him with a smirk. Junmyeon shakes his head in amusement and moves to lean against the machine beside you.

“I was hoping to get your opinion on something. It’s not related to work though. Quite a personal matter,” he finally continues with what he was planning to say.

“Hm, ok. I’ll try to help. Depending on what it is,” you glance behind you and quirk an eyebrow at him. The photocopier is printing away so you turn to face Junmyeon properly as you start organising your things. Junmyeon is now fidgeting with something in his pocket and you pretend not to notice how nervous he seems as you patiently wait for him to speak.

“Will you, um,” Junmyeon takes something out of his pocket and holds it out to you. Looking up from your work, you place your things down slowly as you see what’s in the palm of his hand. Your eyes widen when he opens the box, displaying the small object held between two small cushions.

“Junmyeon, that’s a ring,” you manage to breath out, even forgetting to add the term ‘oppa’ you’ve grown familiar to call him with. The man nods with a sheepish smile on his face. Before he can say anything, you’ve already stepped forward and engulfed him in a hug. Junmyeon laughs and returns your hug.

“What is going on in here?” a voice interrupts your moment. The both of you turn your head towards the owner to see Baekhyun grinning at the doorway. As you move away from Junmyeon, Baekhyun catches sight of the ring in Junmyeon’s hand.

“Hyung…” Baekhyun looks at Junmyeon in surprise. He then looks over at you to see the huge smile on your face and then back at Junmyeon. “So you…?”

“He’s finally popping the question!” you squeal, bouncing up and down in excitement with your hands clasped together. Junmyeon laughs and holds onto your arm to steady you. “Careful. Calm down, sweetheart. I don’t want you falling.”

“Have you told Sehun yet?” Baekhyun questions, eyeing the ring as Junmyeon takes it out of the box and hands it to you. Junmyeon nods. “I asked for his opinion but he said there was no use asking him and told me to go straight to you,” Junmyeon looks at you.

“So what did you want to ask me anyway?” you return the ring into its temporary spot in its box and hand it back to Junmyeon. Holding it in the palm of his hand, he responds, “I was going to ask for your opinion on the design, but I guess your reaction spoke for itself.”

Baekhyun pats Junmyeon on the shoulder. “Hyung, your woman loves you. It doesn’t matter what design you give her because she’s going to be over the moon. This is literally the height of ‘it’s the thought that counts’,” Baekhyun smiles. You bob your head multiple times in agreement.

“Regardless, you could just pop out a plastic one you bought from the corner shop and she’d be happy with it. A little insulting considering how much you make, but you get the point,” you add. Junmyeon scowls and ruffles your hair. He knows you don’t mean it. It’s a common joke between all of you about how much money you all make, since it's no secret.

A couple of months ago you had met Junmyeon’s partner and had instantly hit it off with her. She was soft spoken but witty. She was also exceedingly beautiful. Her hair was long, black and so pretty that you had to ask her what treatments she used. Since then, the two of you would occasionally meet up for lunch.

“But in all seriousness, she’s going to love it,” you reassure Junmyeon. “How long have you been together again?”

“Well, we were friends in high school and started dating during university so about ten wonderful years,” Junmyeon answers with a bright smile.

“Aw, high school sweethearts,” Baekhyun coos. You frown. “Baek, I don’t think that’s how it–”

“High. School. Sweet. Hearts” Baekhyun hugs you and tightens his hold with every syllable, ignoring what you were going to say. Sighing, you look over at Junmyeon for help and he immediately pries Baekhyun away from you, though amusement clear on his face.

“Alright, let’s go back to work. Enough chit chat,” you tell them as you hand Junmyeon his documents and collect your own stuff as well. Before you're able to take another step, Baekhyun speaks up again.

“Actually, I need to see Boss about a couple of things.”

“Myself included,” Junmyeon adds.

You stare at the men in front of you, unimpressed. “Can you text it?”

“Nope.”

“Call it?”

“Nope.”

“Email it?”

“Nope.”

Baekhyun leans back and forth on his feet as he waits for your verdict. With a huff, you tilt your head to get them to follow you as you make your way back to your desk. “He’s still in a meeting for the day at the moment with a client. It shouldn’t be long till it’s done though,” you inform them as you press the button for the lift.

When you arrive on the top floor, you exit the lift and make your way towards your desk with the two men close behind you. You suggest for them to take a seat whilst they wait. They don’t. Instead, they follow you and stand in front of your desk.

“So, anything going on recently?” Baekhyun questions you. Junmyeon is scrolling through his phone.

“Not really,” you reply as you start fixing up some folders for Sehun to look through later. “Are you just going to disturb me while I wait?” you stare at him with exasperation. Baekhyun pretends to zip his mouth up, causing you to roll your eyes.

Soon enough, Sehun’s office door opens and his guest exits. You stand up to him before walking him towards the elevator. When you return, Baekhyun and Junmyeon are still in the same spot, waiting for you. They know that you like to make sure everything is in order. You lean over the top of your desk to grab a couple of things before telling them to follow you into Sehun’s office.

“The two of them wanted to see you,” you explain to Sehun when you see the frown forming on his face.

“About what?”

“Something they couldn’t text, call, or email about, apparently,” you mutter before handing Sehun the folder containing the paperwork he had asked for. Sehun takes it from you with a slightly upward tilt on the corner of his mouth in thanks.

You're about to take your leave to let the men talk amongst themselves when Baekhyun stops you, throwing his arm over your shoulder. “You can stay with us while we talk” he says. You glance over at Sehun to see him now leaned back in his chair, staring (glaring) at Baekhyun. “Take a seat, gorgeous,” Baekhyun gestures for you to take one of the two chairs in front of Sehun’s desk.

You thank him and sit down. Junmyeon takes the seat next to you and Baekhyun places himself down on the arm of the chair you’re on. All the while, Sehun is watching everything carefully.

“So what did you want to talk about?” Sehun exasperates.

“Oh, nothing much. You see, we just wanted to be nosy,” Baekhyun shrugs. Beside you, you see Junmyeon holding back a smile.

“About what?” you narrow your eyes at Junmyeon.

“How long have you two been dating,” Baekhyun states. You turn your head slowly and look at him. Baekhyun is looking down at you with a raised brow, as if challenging you to deny it. He then glances over at Sehun, who remains unwavered by Baekhyun’s stare.

“How does this have anything to do with work?” Sehun asks and presses his lips together in a firm line.

“Because it’s not,” Baekhyun perks. Junmyeon lets out a soft chuckle and you look over at him.

“We’re merely curious about how our youngest ones are doing,” he reasons, glancing at you and Sehun. You feel like melting because Junmyeon is looking at you with such a genuine expression that you can’t help but nod.

Since working at Oh Corporations, Junmyeon had taken you in like a little sister, often doting on you and you had accepted him as the older brother that you never had. Heck, he even asked you about your opinion about the ring he was planning to propose to his girlfriend.

“It’s been almost a month,” you admit. You catch the slight surprise on Sehun’s face before it disappears.

“To think it’s already been a month…” Baekhyun mumbles.

“Well, not yet. Almost. I think it’s been about 3 weeks?” you glance over at Sehun, who nods to confirm. “Yeah, 3 weeks,” you say it a little more confidently now. Baekhyun leans down and hugs you in congratulations. Only it’s a little awkward since he’s sitting higher than you, so your head is pressed into his stomach.

“Hyung,” Sehun calls out in a warning tone. Baekhyun immediately removes his hands and puts them in the air for exaggeration.

Sitting back properly in your seat, the four of you continue to chatter for a while, finally able to catch up since your schedules are often busy and conflicting with each other. It’s also the end of the day, so it’s definitely a nice way to relax after a long day of work.

“Alright, I guess it’s time to call it a day,” Junmyeon announces after glancing at his watch. Taking the hint, Baekhyun nods and stands up along with Junmyeon. “I’ve got a few things to check over for tomorrow as well,” he says. With a stretch, Baekhyun then follows the older towards the door.

Before he exits, Baekhyun looks back and points to you and Sehun. “Be good, you two,” he flashes a final smirk and shuts the door behind him.

As soon as the door closes, Sehun lets out a deep breath. “They’re finally gone,” he huffs as he rests his head in his hand. Laughing softly, you stand up with a stretch. You make a move to leave as well but Sehun stops you by calling your name.

“Stay a little longer,” he requests. You hesitate for a moment. You’re still at work, after all. Seeing your distress, Sehun offers his hand out for you to take. Biting your lip, in contemplation, you decide to walk around the desk and towards your boyfriend.

Sehun rolls his chair back slightly so that there’s more space between him and his desk. When you take his hand, he pulls you onto his lap and wraps an arm around your waist, the other resting on your thigh. He kisses your shoulder. “I missed you,” he whispers against your skin.

“I’m with you all day,” you laugh. Sehun lifts his head to see your face. Tucking a strand of hair behind your ear, he shakes his head. “It’s not the same,” he says softly. You press your lips together, understanding what he means.

Despite being with each other the entire day, the two of you keep it strictly business between each other. It was something the both of you had agreed on the night the two of you laid in bed and talked. It was important to not let your relationship distract you from your work and to make sure everything was professional, especially under the eyes of other employees. You don’t deny that there are times when you gaze at Sehun’s office door, knowing that he’s on the other side and yet you’re unable to touch him.

“There’s so many times when I try to look past the walls, knowing that you’re on the other side but I'm unable to touch you however I want,” Sehun murmurs, pressing another kiss on your shoulder. You turn your head to look at Sehun. So he thinks the same.

“Maybe we can make exceptions?” Sehun suggests.

“Like what?” you raise an eyebrow.

“Well, suppose I’m missing you so, so much that I can’t help myself,” Sehun speaks, his eyes dancing. “Or if either one of us are having a bad day. A kiss to recharge shouldn’t be too much, right?” he grins. You narrow your eyes at him slightly with a smile of your own.

“You have bad days even though I’m still here?” you joke.

“Well, if you’re a wall away from me but I'm not able to hold you, then yeah,” Sehun answers and tightens his hold on you. He dipping his head down to kissing your collarbone where your blouse is ed at the top.

“I’ll think about it,” you tell him. Sehun grimaces at your words and you laugh, pecking him on the cheek. You try to stand up but Sehun locks his arm in place, preventing you from moving. “Come on, time’s up. Recharge is done,” you say, patting his arm. Sehun shakes his head.

“It’s already past office hours, so we’re technically not working now, right?” he leaves another kiss on your shoulder, and then another on the spot under your ear. You sigh and wrap your arms around his shoulders. You decide that indulging yourself for one day won’t hurt, so you give in to Sehun’s request.

Lifting the hand on your thigh up to cup your face, Sehun pulls you in to kiss you. You respond eagerly, having wanted to be with him the entire day. As much as you’re determined to try and keep it as professional as you can, it’s difficult when you have such a wonderful man just two steps away from you.

A little out of breath, Sehun says, “Maybe a whole day of not being able to touch you may have its perks.”

“How so?”

“It really builds up the , doesn’t it? It’s totally worth it in the end,” he grins. You roll your eyes at him. Sehun his thumb across your bottom lip and you open your mouth, catching his finger between your lips to bite him gently.

Sehun gazes at you and you’re a little taken aback but the way he’s staring at you that you let go of him. Now with his finger free, Sehun uses his hand to carefully brush back your hair.

“You’re so beautiful,” his whispers. “Whatever issues we may face, I’ll fight them all,” he declares. You stare at him in adoration and cup face between your hands. Kissing the tip of his nose, you tell him, “We’ll figure it out together.”

There’s only so much you can predict that’s going to happen in your life and prepare for. Little did you know of the complications that were brewing ahead in the future.


A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates! I actually write my stories out in a book whilst I'm doing nothing at work. I finished this a couple of days ago but I was too lazy to type it up :/

I've been feeling quite unmotivated for any writing lately. I just have no inspiration as well, I don't know.

So yeah, thank you to those that subscribe, upvote and comment such lovely things!

Thanks for reading!

Much love, aekcso.