Help Me

Love Never Dies

It was now clearer than ever - Seokmin had royally messed up. Soonyoung avoided him like the plague and spent all of his time wrapped around Jihoon (something the older had begrudgingly accepted). Seokmin’s heart was lonely and he didn’t think he had ever felt this cold.

 

On this particular day, Seokmin was moping in his bed when a new weight beside him shifted the mattress. He didn’t bother to look at whoever it was, just scooted closer to the wall. A warm body laid down next to him and pulled his arm to roll him over. Opening his eyes, Seokmin found Jun’s face a few inches from his. “Min, everyone left. Talk to me. What’s going on with you?”

 

Seokmin wrinkled his nose and avoided eye contact. Saying that he was fine and nothing was wrong was too obviously a lie, but he didn’t really want to talk about his problems either. His problems were caused by his own stupidity and he wasn’t excited to hear it from someone else.

 

Jun nudged him. “Avoiding your problems won’t do you any good. You’ve struggled with them enough in your head without a solution, that option has been exhausted. Trust me, lean on me. Hyung can help.”

 

Seokmin sighed, shoulders sagging as his resolve crumbled. He wiggled closer to Jun and nestled his head against the older’s neck. “You ready to hear a whole load of BS?” Jun hummed confirmation and Seokmin prepared himself.

 

“Basically, it started when Soonyoung started dating Ming Ming. I already really liked Soonyoung and when he fell for Ming Ming, I was really upset and heartbroken. After they broke up and Ming left, Seungcheol suggested I fake-date Wonwoo, like, to make Soonyoung jealous or something.”

 

Jun raised his eyebrows a little but didn’t speak, nodding for Seokmin to continue.

 

“Well, I ended up falling for Wonwoo; but, I was still in love with Soonyoung? I loved them both? I’m not sure, hyung, it was complicated. Anyway, Wonwoo fell for Mingyu and ended our relationship. Soonyoung comforted me and I promised him that I would be honest and confide him. I broke that promise, hyung, and avoided him without realizing it. Now he hates me and we’ll NEVER be together. I don’t know what to do.”

 

Jun nodded slowly, mulling over the new information. “Wow. That’s a lot.” Seokmin wrinkled his nose again and hissed disapprovingly. “But don’t worry. We can probably fix this. First, you want to fix your issues and be with him, right? Do you still have feelings for Wonwoo?”

 

Seokmin sat up abruptly and stared down at Jun. “Yes, of course! And I don’t know. I don’t think so.”

 

“Then here’s what you need to do. Obviously, you need to apologize to him and tell him what you told me. You need to tell him your feelings, even though it’s scary and difficult. It’s really not as bad as seems.”

 

Seokmin met Jun's eyes and chewed his lip. Maybe it’ll be okay… He nodded slowly. “I’ll try, hyung. That’s all I can promise.”