I'm With You

Love Never Dies

When Seokmin woke up later, he simply stared at the top bank above him. Vernon’s bed. He thought back an hour, when he had first landed in Soonyoung’s bed. He said he would love me… The dorm was quiet outside the shut door, Seokmin could almost pretend no one was home. Nothing had happened. If he walked out that door now, he could see Wonwoo on the couch. They could cuddle, Wonwoo could kiss him…

 

No. Not now. Not ever. They were over now. Seokmin reached his arm out, feeling around the empty bed. Had Soonyoung left him too? Seokmin sighed as he pulled himself up to sit. The thing he needed to do now was go find Soonyoung and thank him for sharing his bed. It was the considerate thing to do. Seokmin was a considerate boy.

 

So Seokmin dragged himself to his feet and shuffled to the door, cracking it open and peeking out. From here, he could hear the tv, playing some drama at low volume. He could smell cooking in the kitchen. It seemed everyone was being antisocial, hiding in their rooms. Seokmin huffed a deep breath quietly and padded down the hall. Maybe the Chef could tell him where Soonyoung was?

 

As Seokmin entered the living room, he was not surprised to find Joshua and Jeonghan sitting on the couch. He studiously ignored their looks of pity. He couldn’t stand being pitied. He already knew how pathetic he was! Seokmin shuffled into the kitchen while staring intently at the opposite wall. He was surprised for real this time, when he found Soonyoung standing at the stove, stirring a pot.

 

The blonde looked up, grinning when he saw Seokmin’s expression. “Good evening.” Seokmin just nodded, suddenly wide awake. Soonyoung indicated the dining table, covered in bowls. “Sit down and choose your bowl. It’s almost done.”

 

Seokmin obeyed, settling in the window seat side of the table. “What are you making?” The food smelled familiar, but from where Seokmin was now sitting, he couldn’t see what it was. 

 

Soonyoung winked at him, “You’ll see.” He took Seokmin’s bowl (actually, just a random bowl. Seokmin forgot that part of the instructions) and began ladling the unknown stuff into it. Once it was placed in front of him, Seokmin’s mood immediately was lifted. Soonyoung had made doenjang jjiggae! Seokmin’s favorite food!

 

Seokmin smiled widely at Soonyoung and quickly dug in, barely waiting for the Chef to release the bowl. Soonyoung gave a short laugh as he gave Seokmin space. He tidied the table a little before sliding onto a chair opposite Seokmin, fondly watching the younger chow down. 

 

Seokmin’s gaze drifted up, finding Soonyoung’s kind gaze on him. He paused, mid-bite, as they made eye contact. I must look like I haven’t eaten in weeks. Seokmin tried for an awkward smile, before sitting up. “You aren’t going to eat?”

 

Soonyoung shook his head, leaning back against the cushions. “I ate while I cooked.” Seokmin returned to eating, slower this time, fully aware of Soonyoung scrutinizing him. 

 

Seokmin leaned back against his own cushions and clasped his hands together, mimicking Soonyoung’s posture. “Go on. Ask. I know you want to.”

 

Soonyoung knit his eyebrows and pursed his lips, shaking his head. “I have nothing to ask. But… I’m here. For you. I know how you feel. You’ll confide in me, right?” Seokmin did his best to swallow the soup past the lump in his throat.

 

“Of course, hyung. Always.”