Lovesick and Hurts

Love Never Dies

    

    Soonyoung sprawled on the couch at the dorm, an uncharacteristic frown gracing his features. Seokmin was out with Wonwoo, on a date. AGAIN. Soonyoung didn’t even know why that fact upset him. Which made him even more upset and irritable. He sighed for the nth time that day. Suddenly, someone yelled something incomprehensible and he got walloped in the stomach. “Soonyoung! Stop! That’s gotten really annoying! All you’ve been doing since Seokmin and Wonwoo left was lie here and sigh! SHUT UP!!!” Soonyoung jolted up, staring in shock at the speaker. It was a very annoyed Lee Jihoon, who glared at him.

 

    “Well, sorry. Unlike you, I’m very unhappily in love. You were like this, too. Don’t forget.” Jihoon looked at him for a moment, then blew his breath out through his lips. He shook his head.

 

    “Soonie… I really wish I could tell you…”

 

    Soonyoung jerked his head around. “Tell me what? What do I not know? Is Minnie in danger??” Jihoon just shook his head and walked away. Soonyoung briefly considered following and pestering him, but he knew the vocal team leader wouldn’t tell him anything. He growled softly and curled up again, thinking hard. The blonde ran through his memories of Seokmin and Wonwoo, analyzing all of Seokmin’s behavior that he could remember. The only odd thing was the fact that Seokmin kept staring at Soonyoung when he thought the older wasn’t looking. He did that before, so there wasn’t anything weird about that. Right?

 

    Movement beside him caught his eye. Seungcheol leaned back against the couch arm and gazed, unblinking, at Soonyoung. Soonyoung automatically stared back, his competitive side temporarily distracting him from his depressed side. “So. Did Jihoon tell you anything?” Soonyoung shook his head silently. “Ok. I’m going to give you some advice.” He stood up and started to leave, then turned back. “Seokmin will be having some trouble. Comfort him, then when the time is right, confess to him.”

 

    Soonyoung didn’t know what to say. “Hyung… How do you know this?”

 

    Seungcheol winked. “I’m magical. I can see the future.” He hurried out before Soonyoung could ask any more questions, probably to go make out with Jihoon or something. Humph. Damn happy couples.

 

*meanwhile*

 

    Wonwoo and Seokmin wandered along the park path in comfortable silence. But Wonwoo’s mind wasn’t as at peace as it seemed. He was thinking about… Mingyu. The tall handsome idiot was making him feel weird things. Things he probably was not supposed to be feeling, seeing as he was Seokmin’s ‘boyfriend’. But he couldn’t help it. He knew well he was falling for him. And… he kind of wanted this fake relationship game to end. But how would he communicate this to Seokmin?

 

    At the same time, Seokmin was fighting an inner war. He remembered the furious exchange of words he had had with Seungcheol. About this ploy. Seungcheol’s voice echoed in his head. ‘Seokmin! You need to end this! Haven’t you seen how Soonyoung acts?! He loves you! Now is your chance! What are you waiting for?!?’

 

    But Seokmin couldn’t end this with Wonwoo. Not now. Not now that he had fallen in love with the rapper. Don’t get him wrong. He still loved Soonyoung more than anything. He just was also in love with Wonwoo. And he hated himself for it. I’m so selfish. I just want it all. I can’t help it. Why did they all have to be so HOT?!? Seokmin gritted his teeth. He wished none of this had ever happened. It would be so much easier if he had never fallen in love with any of them. 

 

    Wonwoo glanced at his ‘boyfriend’. Seokmin had tightened his hold on Wonwoo’s hand. As though he were dealing with a lot of emotion. At one time. “Seokkie… What’s wrong?”

 

    Seokmin took a deep breath. He had to control himself. Don’t let Wonwoo know- “Wonnie! I love you! I’m completely serious - no acting. I’ve fallen for you during this game.”

 

    So much for controlling his speech.

 

    Wonwoo stared at Seokmin, unable to believe what he had just heard. “No… no no. This can’t be happening. Seokkie. I love Mingyu. We have to end this. Go with Soonyoung. That was the whole point of this. You - you weren’t supposed to fall in love with me.”

 

    Seokmin grabbed his hyung’s arm, but Wonwoo pulled away. “Hyung, please… I just - I just…”

 

    Wonwoo shook his head. “I’m sorry, Seokkie. I’m sorry. Really, I am. We should never have done this in the first place. Blame it on me. But… I’m leaving. I can’t do this anymore… I’m sorry.” He turned and hurried away, not looking back.

 

    Seokmin was left alone in the park, tears trailing down his face. He wished he hadn’t fallen in love at all.

 

*one hour later*

 

    Seokmin stumbled into the dorm, barely able to see in front of him. He wasn’t drunk. Just exhausted. And confused. And hurting.

 

    He safely made his way to his room without help, although the members looked at him oddly. Chan and Seunggwan moved to help him, but Seokmin just shook his head. Wonwoo, sitting on the couch with Mingyu, couldn’t bring himself to look at Seokmin.

 

    Seokmin flopped on his bed and curled up, hugging his pillow. Wait. This lump wasn’t his pillow. It wasn’t even a pillow at all. He jerked his head up and reached out. “Seokkie? What are you doing?” To his horror, he realized he had landed in, not his bed, but Soonyoung’s. One of the two people he did not want to see right now. A soft hand touched his cheek. “Seokkie?! What happened?! Your face is all wet! Were you crying?” 

 

    Soonyoung remembered what Seungcheol had said. Oh God. It’s coming true. The blonde pulled his best friend into his arms and cuddled him like a small child. He ignored how quickly his heart beat, instead focusing on comforting his now-sobbing bandmate. “Soonie… Wonwoo left me. I argued with Seungcheol. Two of my closest friends. I feel so alone.”

 

    Soonyoung pressed a soft kiss to Seokmin’s forehead. “It’s okay… It’s okay… I’m here. I’ll always be here.” Seokmin wiggled closer and rested his head on Soonyoung’s chest. His uneven breathing smoothed and quieted. Soonyoung lay back and loosely wrapped his arms around Seokmin.

 

    All he could think about was how mad he was at Wonwoo. The raven-haired rapper was lucky enough to date Seokmin, the sweetest, most loving, most talented boy on the planet. And he gives him up like it’s nothing.

 

    “This is why I will love him before anyone else. I will make him happy. I will make him smile. I will love him. Watch me.” He whispered to himself, glaring a challenge at the bunk above him.

 

    Little did he know that Seokmin wasn’t asleep at all…