Chapter 7

Waiting for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was annoyed.

He couldn’t concentrate on his game with Shindong.

Nope. Not even a bit.

His childish self once again emerged, wanting to get noticed, seeking attention from the two men who are playing in the kitchen just behind where they were sitting. His legs itching to go join them, his fingers curling in anxiety to disturb whatever they were making for breakfast.

But for some reason he stayed put where he sat with Shindong and absentmindedly played the game, which assured his defeat the moment they hit the star button.

 

His eyes and mind unconsciously kept darting towards the two men who were now laughing wholeheartedly at something and Donghae only longed to see and hear the sound of the laughter from one of the two men in the kitchen.

“Hyukjae, Sungmin” Shindong suddenly shouted, startling Donghae from his stupor and leading him to kill his own game character. Not that he minds it, he was losing terribly anyway. “Just bring over whatever you are making, Donghae couldn’t seem to focus on the game at all, he keeps looking over the kitchen, feed him to the fullest” Donghae couldn’t help the pink that was seeping through his cheeks when Sungmin smirked at him. Glaring at his bestfriend, he allowed some more pink in his cheeks when Hyukjae smiled at him gently and brought the food they’ve prepared.

Breakfast was usual, but the slight change in Donghae’s routine was, the one who’s teasing him was his bestfriend Sungmin instead of his brother. Shindong…. Well Donghae was not sure whether Shindong was on his side or not, he seemed to support him whenever Sungmin , but at the same time he seemed to too. That’s when Donghae realized he’s such a genius, his name* really suited him because of his so many talents. A true prodigy.

But Donghae was satisfied nevertheless. He was able to see yet another side of Hyukjae. Hyukjae is such a sweet tooth. Donghae couldn’t help the chuckle when he saw how bright Hyukjae smiled at the strawberry milk Sungmin bought for him. He was also amused when Shindong threatened Hyukjae that he won’t be able to drink that milk if there was any green peas left behind in his plate. Hyukjae pouted so bad that Donghae was so mesmerized. He was brought back to reality when Sungmin suddenly shouted in his ear. This brought back the whole teasing of Donghae from the start. But, yeah, Donghae was satisfied with Hyukjae’s pout today.

They all finished their breakfast with loud chatters and once again gathered in the living room. Sungmin and Hyukjae were just getting comfortable while Donghae and Shindong restarted their game.

 

“Hyukjae, cover me for a while, I need to pick something from the dance studio and send a student on an errand, Sungmin, come with me, it’s your favourite student anyway.” Shindong announced suddenly handling his game controller to Hyukjae who happened to be beside him.

Sungmin groaned and whined at “your favourite student”, stomping childishly at Shindong for making him visit the tormentor of his life. Oh how he wished he could avoid that certain student who keeps following him around and asking him out on a date every now and then.

The last thing Donghae heard was Sungmin shouting out “I don’t want to be near that ert” before he was dragged away by Shindong.

Donghae and Hyukjae couldn’t help but laugh at Sungmin’s dramatic statement.

“Sungmin has an admirer?” Donghae was interested in that information. He was thinking of all sorts of remarks that will help him to throw at his bestfriend whenever Sungmin teases him. It’s payback you evil thing Donghae smirked deceivingly.

“His name is Kangin hyung, he’s a nice guy, it’s just that h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter