Chapter 4

Waiting for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“HYUNG! HYUNG!” Donghae shouted as he ran hurriedly towards his brother’s room, not caring about the things that he spilled along the way or how his mother scolded him for it.

“HHHHYYyyyyuuunnngg, Donghwa hyuuuung, open the door, I need your shirt” Donghae shouted infront of his brother’s room and knocked on it over and over again when he saw that the room was locked.

“HYUNG” Donghae shouted desperately just as Donghwa opened the door half asleep, with bed hair and drool adorning his handsome face.

Donghae, even in his haste took a moment to take a photo of his brother’s current state. Who knows, it might come in handy in the future, muahahaha. Donghae thought evilly in his head, not forgetting his smirk.

Donghwa, who is still oblivious about his particular photo, was so irritated about being woken up from his sleep so early. “Hae! It’s only six in the morning, why are you doing this to me?” he whined, still half asleep.

Donghae only scoffed at his brother’s childish whine, and he says only I act like a kid, he thought and shook his head in a disapproving manner.  Pushing his brother aside from his own room and went inside, not minding  his brother’s “yah, I didn’t give you permission to get inside” and simply went to the closet to search for the thing that he came for.

“What do you want Hae?” Donghwa gave up scolding his brother, it’s no use, and he has no one else except himself to be blamed, he spoiled him too much.

“I am searching for your red and blue checked shirt” Donghae answered with his head inside the closet.

“Why do you need my lucky shirt?”

“Because it’s my favourite shirt”

“How come every shirt of mine becomes your favourite shirt? And you didn’t answer my question”

“I’m going to the ship to sign some papers”

“I still don’t see the point why you want that particular shirt just to sign some papers”

Donghae looked back at his brother to glare, he can be as stubborn as Donghae sometimes, no wonder they are brothers. “It’s just my friends are coming with me, and I want to show off to both my friends and the crew from the ship, now get me that damned shirt”

“Why do I feel like it’s not Sungmin you are talking about?” Donghwa threw the question along with a teasing smile, “Whose your friend Hae?” emphasizing on the word “friend”. You might think Donghwa is overreacting, but Donghae is just not the type of person who shows off, infact, this is the first time Donghwa saw him desperately trying to dress up. “To impress” he says, well he sure wants to impress alright, but Donghwa can easily guess that his brother wants to impress only one person, he’s curious to know the person who made his brother like this and he won’t leave the perfect opportunity to tease his brother.

“Aish hyung, you are not helping me at all, just give me the shirt, please” Donghae his puppy eyes at his brother, who is really weak when it comes to his brother’s agyeo. And as expected, Donghwa sighed, defeated by the teary eyes, he sure spoils his brother a lot, but he couldn’t help it. He brought out the shirt he had been hiding behind his back all this time and threw it towards his brother. Donghae just gave his huge smile, hugged his brother tight and dashed away, not before thanking him for the shirt. Donghwa only shook his head while chuckling at his brother’s behaviour.

 

 

 

 

Donghae was really excited about going back to the ship. More like, going back to the ship with Hyukjae. He wants to show so many things to him, make him impress, make him wonder. He was back on “Mission: Bring back Hyukjae’s smile”.

He was pacing eagerly and restlessly around the place that he, Sungmin and Hyukjae agreed to meet up.  He kept looking at his watch and the path where Hyukjae will appear. He kept on checking the text message that Hyukjae sent, to make sure the words “Yes, I’ll be there at 7:00 a.m” was not just his illusions for the nth time.

Just as he was about to check his phone again, he heard Sungmin’s high pitched giggling sound. He immediately stood up, knowing Hyukjae would be with his friend too. He waited with his heart beating faster. And like a movie scene, he saw how the fog cleared up, making way for the thin guy’s appearance, and the sun seemed to choose this moment to shine brightly, adding a glow to Hyukjae’s pale skin, his brown hair blowing off slightly because of the breeze, he wore blue jeans with blue and white stripped full handed knitted shirt, along with a pair of sneakers. It was like magic.

All Donghae could do was utter a single word.

“WOW”

Donghae didn’t realize that Hyukjae and Sungmin was already infront of him now, he was still gaping at Hyukjae, while the said guy got red from hearing the word uttered by Donghae, the intense stare he was receiving doesn’t help him any better.

Sungmin snorted at Donghae’s awestruck state, but decided to help his poor childhood friend by punching Donghae on the arm.

“OOwwh! Minnie!” Donghae whined because of the pain.

“Stop gaping at Hyuk like a fish then, he might have melted down and bring us to the ship already” Sungmin his diva mode, one thing he perfected from their mutual friend Heechul.

Donghae knew the case is lost as soon as he saw Sungmin on his diva mode, cause who would dare a Heechul’s assistant? Donghae wants to live alright. So he just grumpily brought Sungmin and Hyukjae closer to the port so that they can get on the boat that will soon come to pick them up to the ship and bring them back later.

Sungmin sat between Donghae and Hyukjae on a bench and started to talk nonstop with his childhood friend. Donghae could tell Sungmin was trying hard to make Hyukjae comfortable. Comfortable around me? Or what? Donghae couldn’t help but wonder. Donghae too wanted to talk with Hyukjae again, to hear his soft voice again. But he wasn’t able to, nor did Hyukjae for that matter, since Sungmin didn’t give either of them the chance to talk. He sure talks a lot Donghae chuckled at his bestfriend just as the boat came to fetch them.

 

Donghae is the type of person who fantasizes about everything like a kid that he is. When he was a kid he imagined how it would be like to live with Santa Clause. When he was in middle school, he imagined how it would be to get married. When he was in college he imagined how he would work in the ship.

Right now he imagined how he would Hyukjae to the ship. He thought about all kinds of scenarios in his mind the night before. He would hop in the boat first, reach out his hand to Hyukjae, when he accepts he would give a slight squeeze, which will make Hyukjae shy and bite his lips in nervousness. He would then pull him towards the boat, Hyukjae would trip and fall, and Donghae would catch him in his arms, when their eyes met, Donghae would show his y smile which will totally earn Hyukjae’s face a nice shade of red.

Donghae had twinkles in his eyes just thinking about it all over again, but he forgot one important factor in his fantasy. The friends who are always around to make them embarrassed, or in his case Sungmin. Just as he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter