Chapter 3

Waiting for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Have you ever thought about your meeting sequence with your love interest? Like how, when and where you’ll meet them? Whether it will be a coincidence? Or a planned meeting? If you meet, what you will talk about or how you will carry out the conversation with a flow? How you’ll gain your love interest’s attention?

This is why the second meeting is always important. Because, only the second meeting will decide on where you are standing with them at the moment, your current status with them, whether you’ll become friends or acquaintance or continue to stay as mere strangers. It will decide whether you’ll get to know more about them or not, whether you’ll get a chance for the third meeting or not, it could help you with getting to know their phone number. It will even ensure the third meeting.

People say third time’s a charm, but Donghae begs to differ. If the above details didn’t happen in your life then Donghae wants to say sorry. Because this was exactly what happened in his life and he was determined that it is only because of the lucky second meeting that leads to the next stage.

Donghae’s so called “important second meeting” with Hyukjae again was after a week, near the seashore when he was strolling. That day when Donghae offered the ride, Hyukjae didn’t join in any conversation with Donghwa or Sungmin. Even though Sungmin’s hand was grasping his, he opted to indulge himself in looking out of the window and didn’t spare a glance at anyone, when they dropped him off at his house, which was only two houses away from his, he saw how Hyukjae uttered a single “bye” and got down without looking at anyone and went to his house. For some reason, even the house seemed too lonely. But maybe it was only because of Donghae’s first impression on Hyukjae. His brother Donghwa and Sungmin watched Hyukjae until he closed the door. Donghwa released a sigh before focusing on the road again while Sungmin kept looking at the house Hyukjae just went in to. He only focused on Donghae back after he punched him and showed his huge pout seeking the attention of his bestfriend, like a five year old kid that he is, they went back to bickering again and the atmosphere inside the car seemed to be back to how it once was before Hyukjae got off.

Currently, Donghae kept watching how Hyukjae slowly sat down near the saeahore, folding his legs and played with the sand. He didn’t know whether he should approach the thin lonely guy or not. He could’ve just ignored Hyukjae, but there’s something about him that Donghae found himself to be drawn with. He doesn’t know much about him except for some facts like, he’s from Ilsan, childhood friend of Sungmin, his brother knew him and treated him well, he lives only two blocks away from him, and the last fact is he always seem to be sad. Just when he wished if he could see that smile of Hyukjae once again, he was lucky enough to be granted with that wish. He saw how a small smile appeared on Hyukjae’s face, it was merely there but Donghae was happy that he was able to see it. It looked like Hyukjae was reminiscing things while having that smile. Donghae wondered what would Hyukjae be thinking, could it be some incident or could it be someone? The possibility of the latter thought brought a sour feeling inside Donghae.

To be honest, Donghae actually forgot all about this thin lonely guy after they dropped him off at his house, and he was busy returning in everyone’s life after a long time. He wanted to leave a memory of him in his loved one’s life before his vacation gets over and returning to his ship once again.

But now that he’s seeing Hyukjae again, he was burned with curiosity. As in why this guy seem to affect his brother Donghwa and Sungmin, why this guy is so reluctant with others, why he doesn’t smile, why he doesn’t appreciate the help offered by his brother and friend Sungmin. Most importantly why he affects Donghae’s mind with merely the thought of Hyukjae having someone in his life, possibly a lover, Donghae groaned with the thought again.

Donghae wanted to approach and talk to Hyukjae so bad, he can’t bear if people are sad, hence he wanted to distract Hyukjae from his sadness with his presence. Donghae never bothered people who are strangers, but he just couldn’t help but think of a way to get Hyukjae out of his sadness. There’s just something about him that affects his mind. Donghae wondered why he was even bothering himself to help this person to smile more. Even though he always tried to make others happy, he only lifted up the mood of his friends and acquaintances not to a mere stranger. But here he is, thinking of all the possible ways to make him smile, that too with only the second meeting, heck the guy didn’t even spare him a glance, or uttered any more words except the greeting he shared when his brother introduced Donghae. Maybe it was the pitiful aura around him Donghae thought to himself as he finally strolled towards Hyukjae.

If it was Donghae’s usual self, he would have just went ahead and introduced himself, he would have invited himself to sit with him, he would have talked non-stop with him, he would have easily made friends with him. It was his gift to be a naturally friendly and sociable person, he would make people ease around him, to drop their defences and just open up to him. But Hyukjae is a totally different case, he couldn’t just approach Hyukjae like he would’ve with others, he was very cautious with his actions, not wanting to shock the guy with his sudden appearance he went to the seashore instead of directly appearing infront of Hykjae. He walked along the waves, played with the sand and tried to out run the waves when it dashed towards him, all the while making sure that he was within the capacity of Hyukjae’s eyesight.

When he was sure that Hyukjae spotted him, he wondered whether to approach him now or not, he didn’t know whether Hyukjae still remembers him. But just as he was about to give up on his thought and try his luck some other time, he saw how Hyukjae discreetly took a glance towards him and when he saw that Donghae was looking at him, he quickly went back to his original position, which was playing with the sand near his folded legs.

Now Donghae’s sure that Hyukjae remembers him. The thought alone made him to smile hugely, he dropped all his cautiousness towards him and decided to just be his usual self around Hyukjae. Besides, he was sure that he can’t keep up the “cool” appearance and continue it in front of Hyukjae in future, especially when there are friends like Sungmin around, always waiting for a chance to embarrass you. So it’s better being his five year old self, this way he could just pout and use the power of puppy eyes to get away from any embarrassment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter