0.8

Ephemeral Ecstasy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight

“If you’ll excuse me, I think I’ll go to the office and pretend to get some work done,” Henry said hurriedly, shrugging Seokjin’s hand aside and getting up abruptly. His eyes flashed dangerously, and he felt as if he were a cornered animal of some sort — if anything, he needed time to blow off steam and process what he had just seen. “I’ll see you later.”

“I’ll bring something up for you later,” Seokjin agreed readily, a hand running through his hair in as a nervous habit — perhaps he had rattled Henry too much and too quickly for his brain to handle. Besides, it wasn’t every day one learned that everything they believed in was one big, fat lie.

He half shoved his mentor aside, hands in his pockets with a bitter, “Whatever.”

The morning was bitterly cold for some reason, and with a scowl on his face Henry walked his way back to the office, not even bothering to take a Teleporter like he normally would — besides, he was feeling rather done with anything that had to do with the government. He had no idea who to trust, and even if he did, one side would be after him anyways. Occasionally he would kick a rock aside, sighing as he kicked it too far out of range to be kicked again.

Lame as it was, Henry felt rather convinced that the best thing he could do was nothing at all — at least no one would want to kill him if he did nothing. Working so closely to Bangtan meant only trouble, and as one of the most wanted criminals in the city, there was a pretty good chance that someone would want him dead. He arrived at the Department of Secret Services with sore feet and a loud sigh.

Even as he went up the elevator, he didn’t feel the usual rush of adrenaline as it shot up to the hundredth floor in a matter of seconds. His face was emotionless, neutral. It was rather pathetic that Henry spent the rest of his morning doing absolutely nothing aside from looking busy whenever someone passed near his cubicle.

It was at exactly one in the afternoon when Seokjin seemingly materialize

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter