0.2

Ephemeral Ecstasy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two

The Research Lab was disappointing at best—a whole load of fancy machines and file cabinets, nothing that Henry hadn't seen before. He expected at least—at the very least—giant diagrams of DNA samples and whatnot in a basement. Seokjin raised an eyebrow at him, evidently wanting some form of reaction and disappointed at his lack of it.

"We're gonna have to dig through the files for these guys," he said at last, putting an arm around Henry's shoulder to steer him to the closest empty computer. "Class A always knows how to hide themselves."

"I can tell," Henry replied, already whipping out various sources from the computer and scrolling through them. "I'll report anything interesting I find." 

"I'll leave you to it then."

Seokjin left without another word.

Henry was left to his own devices—Seokjin should have known better, especially when he was notorious for occasionally giving computers a virus or hacking into them for the fun of it. He resisted the urges to do so for the next two hours by actually doing his work like he was ordered to. In the last half hour of his deep concentration and resistance, he stumbled upon an article from a year ago that he deemed interesting enough to check out.

17 January, 2104
Nineteen year old Park Jimin is deemed dead after a deadly attack by a rising gang in the area, also known as the Bangtan Boys. Little is known of the group and its patterns, but citizens are advised to adhere to the recommended curfew and stay away from areas where the Boys are rumored to be around. For a list of those areas, click this link. The young man was found dead from a bullet wound to the chest despite him wearing a bulletproof vest at the time. Further investigation discovered that the bullet was a poisoned bullet of an unknown material that somehow pierced the vest without any trouble. The Bangtan calling card was found on his body, covered in blood—a playing card with butterflies and large letters spelling out 'Bulletproof.' This has been the third attack by the Boys in the past six months.

The article, despite being nearly a year old, was rather informational on how the Boys operated—they were reckless yet careful about their actions, going as far as to even leave a calling card for the authorities. How clever, he thought, for them to mock the Government by killing people in no particular pattern and leaving their special playing cards. He soon lost interest when the article offered no further information and quickly closed that tab.

"Whatcha got there?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter