0.7

Ephemeral Ecstasy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven

"Damn, he better wake up soon before he's late to work," a voice was muttering childishly to another, who agreed quietly. Henry froze—who the heck was in his room this early in the morning? For one, he lived alone, and secondly, it wasn't like he had many friends. His brow wrinkled in annoyance at this random visitor, opening his mouth to say something before seeing who it really was.

It was V and Jungkook.

"What are you guys even doing here," he hissed, rubbing his eyes and doing his best to pull the blanket over his bare chest. "How did you even find out where I live?"

The younger rolled his eyes and let out a loud sigh. "Are you serious? We woke you up so we could get breakfast together, and this is all you have to say? Henry, that's real rude."

"How did you find me," he insisted testily. Despite his morning grogginess, he couldn't help but wonder how the two of them had broken into his apartment. He kept it under lock and key, along with any new password software that he could get his hands on—it wouldn't have been easy to get in as quietly as they did.

V cocked his head to the side and simply stared at Henry. "Little chip in your arm told us all we needed."

"I see."

"Now that we got all that cleared up," Jungkook interrupted with a small series of coughs, "I'm fancying some chicken, perhaps a noodle dish. Let's go down and get ourselves some food!"

When Henry did not get up right away, the two of them took it upon themselves to drag the elder out of bed with every bit of force the two could muster at such an hour. Of course, he was rather embarrassed by their comfortableness with him—they were grabbing him in all the awkward spots after all—and protested as loudly as he could before they finally let go. He made a mad dive for his chair, where a thin shirt lay and put it on hurriedly.

"What's that about chicken and noodles?"

All Jungkook had to say was, "You have abs," like it was some amazing thing.

"Well I suppose I do," he admitted with a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of his neck. If anything, he was rather shocked that the boy had checked him out in the three seconds that he was shirtless in front of the pair. "Can we go get breakfast now?"

"Jin said you needed to dress properly," V added with a slight drawl in his voice. "He said something about working behind Chaerin's back—"

"You weren't supposed to say that yet," the youngest hissed, though Henry had already heard and was raising an eyebrow in confusion.

He cleared his throat loudly, making the other two jump. "Fine — you two just get out, let me change. Then we can hop down for food and then we'll talk."

The two practically dived out the door, whispering to each other in what they thought were quiet tones. They eventually died down as they found their way into his living room, and Henry was left all by himself to change into something that was more acceptable for work. The suit he had worn yesterday wouldn't suffice — surely someone would call him out for that — and the only other thing he figured that he could wear was a dress shirt that was a lovely shade of pale pink. It wasn't his favorite color, but it would do, even if it was just for breakfast. He traded his wrinkled shirt for the fancier dress shirt and took a good two minutes debating whether to use a tie or not.

Henry figured a tie was overdoing it.

By the time he got down to his living room, he found the two boys arguing amongst themselves over whether to get chicken or noodles — apparently getting both was out of question at this point.

"Chicken, chicken, chicken," Jungkook chanted loudly, waving a little fist in his companion's direction. “Besides, we had noodles yesterday.”

“And what’s wrong with noodles?” V challenged with a look that practically dared Jungkook to argue in reply.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter