1.0

Ephemeral Ecstasy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten

Of course, Henry was rather rattled that someone was able to get into their hideout in the first place and was slow on the uptake. Rap Monster, despite being called by his real name, was the first to recover and had the other seven pointing guns in all directions.

“Show yourself, and then we talk,” he said simply. His voice demanded to be listened to — even the strongest of wills would have a difficult time resisting, as he was not a man to be messed with.

Another laugh followed. For a second, Henry thought she would end up laughing so much that she’d fall off whatever perch she was on. However, he saw a lithe form drop to the ground, her hands in surrender. “Ooh, how terrifying.”

The nervous laugh that followed indicated that she was in fact, very terrified to have weapons trained on her. Her face was masked.

“When I mean show yourself, I meant you’re going to have to take off the mask,” the leader sighed. He was getting irritated — this was not on his schedule. “Then we can talk about whatever deal you want.”

There was a lot of sighing involved before the girl took off her mask, shaking out long locks of hair with a disgruntled hiss. The first thing that struck Henry was how young she was — barely older than Jungkook’s age. “Alright there,” she grumbled, taking a seat. “You boys are so picky.”

“Correction: only he’s picky,” Seokjin said, struggling to hide a laugh. “I like to think of the rest of us as rather lax people.”

Rap Monster snorted. “Shut up guys, and let the lady talk. Introduce yourself.”

“There’s not much to know about me,” the girl said evasively, twisting her hands together nervously — all eight sets of eyes narrowed at that. She had something to hide.

“Can we at least have a name,” Jimin insisted. “I don’t want to mentally call you Girl Who Got Into Our Hideout all the time.”

She hesitated for a moment before muttering a very hasty, “The name’s Korey. I’m the leader of Bangtansonyeodan.”

Rap Monster was about half ready to simply kick her out and not listen to a word she said — he always was proud of his group’s name and would not tolerate any plagiarism of any sort. There was a moment of silence before he slowly answered with a, “That’s nice. Now why are you here?”

“My group would like to work with yours. We have some information about what the Government wants with their drug Delicium and we’d be able to stop their plan with your help,” Korey said nonchalantly, looking at her nail like she had said nothing at all. “But I could always leave if I’m not welcome.”

Henry’s voice got stuck in his throat as he struggled to get out, “What do you know about it?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter