Jiyong

Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                It had only been a few minutes since the incident with Seungah occurred. I had urged Sohyun to leave. I sat down, confused. She’s back. And I broke her heart. How could I do that to her? I was never expecting this. I glanced at my hourglass and gently flipped it over. The soft murmuring of the sand falling down was soothing to my heart. She must be so mad at me. Or maybe even crying. My heart ached from the thought of Seungah crying. I haven’t seen her cry in so many years, except for… that one day. 

                , I’m so late! I checked the time constantly, waiting for the slow clerk to finish wrapping my present for my Seungah. She’s probably freezing to death out there. Damn… I’m going to get my beat once I get there. Finally, the clerk handed me the gift. I grabbed it and quickly ran out of the store. Who the hell cares about the other people around me? I ran as fast as I could through the thick snow.

                “Seungah!” I yelled loudly. Her figure turned around. She was rubbing her arms for warmth and I think there were tears b her bright eyes. She ran over to me and almost kicked me in the face.

Scary.

                “Yah! Jerk, you’re an hour late!” she yelled at me. I lowered my head and bit my lip.  Her lip quivered and then she suddenly threw her arms around my neck. “I thought you would never come…”

                I softened. She was a sweet girl. I hugged her waist. “Dummy, Kwon Jiyong never leaves you waiting without a reason.” I smiled. She looked up as if to say, “What do you mean?”

                I pulled out the box with our couple ring. She simply stared at it, unsure of what to do. “Happy two year anniversary.” I murmured softly. She just stared. And then… She started crying.

                “Ji…” she mumbled as she buried her face into my jacket. Why is she crying?! I quickly pulled out some tissues for her. She blew her runny nose and then sniffled. “I love you.” She said.

                “I know.” I replied, not fazed. She chuckled and playfully punched my chest.

                “Conceited jerk!”

                “But you still love me~” I sang. She smiled.

                “I know. You stupid corny .”

                “Saranghae,” I whispered seriously this time. She could see the change in attitude, so she closed her eyes. I kissed her sweetly and passionately for a few seconds.  I pulled away shortly after. She looked a bit disappointed. I held her hand and slipped the couple ring on.  “Never take it off. Promise?” I asked.  She nodded, admiring the ring. I held my pinky out. She held hers out and we sealed the deal with a stamp.

 

 

                Without knowing it, my lips curved up into a smile from the cute memory. It soon faded when I glanced back at my hand. I wasn’t wearing the ring. I broke the promise. How many others have I broken by dating Sohyun? A knot tied in my stomach. Am I doing the right thing? Seungah is the past now. I.. have Sohyun now. But… I can’t help but think of Seungah. I felt guilty. Kwon Jiyong, you moved on already! The past is the past. Seungah doesn’t matter to me anymore. I moved on, so why can’t she?

                I just sat there thinking about everything. I’m confused, but there are no answers available. I glanced at my phone. I suddenly wanted to call Seungah. I wanted to hear her voice. I reached for my phone and opened up my contact list. I scrolled down until I saw her name, Choi Seungah. It’s been there for a years. Just sitting there, gathering dust. I totally disregarded it, used to seeing it all the time. “Choi Seungah…” I whispered. I smiled. Her name rolled off my t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter