Seungah

Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                I almost had a heart attack when I saw my reflection in the mirror. I looked ugly. I sighed. It was my first day of work today and I had no working spirit of all. Jiyong definitely visited at the wrong time. I was in my happy mood- and he ruined it.  My mood and attitude yesterday while I was with him was so fake. But... I said it. I told him that we should split ways. His facial expression was priceless if I say so myself. He looked sad, which broke my heart again, but he deserved it. I’m just saying that because it’s the truth. I’m not being selfish or ignorant, it’s the truth. And I admit it- once he left, I locked myself up in my room and cried a ing river. Again. My life is just a huge series of déjà vu’s, isn’t it? And I actually thought my ‘being reborn as a new girl’ plan was working.

                Until he came again.

                What an .

                I never want to see his undeniably handsome face again.

                I applied my BB cream along with concealer to hide my pimples. I was right. All that junk food did give me pimples as I predicted. I applied a bit of eyeliner and eye shadow to hide my puffy eyes. For my first day of work, I wanted to look nice. Working usually made me forget about him. If I have nothing to do, I start thinking of him. Look- I’m thinking of him again. I push all thoughts of him away and focus more on work. It’s a nice, large building, not too far from home. My favorite part is that there is a café right next to it. The best part about is that they have people perform live there. A few times each week. Actually, they have a performance today. I might check it out tonight. Performance nights are the busiest nights.

                I sifted through my closet for an appropriate outfit. I wanted to look professional and classy. I paused and thought back to what my boss said.

                “You can wear casual clothing, we don’t mind.”

                I folded my dress back up and placed it back neatly into the drawer. Instead, I pulled out a white tee and black skinny jeans. I grabbed my black leather jacket and boots to finish my look. Wow, I’m actually making an effort today…  As stuck my leg into one of the holes of my pants, my phone on my nightstand vibrated. I pulled my jeans up all the way and hopped over on one foot to answer the text.

                Ji

I stared at the flashing screen, in a trance before the screen turned black. I blinked a couple of times. Red dots blocked my vision from the flashing. I decided to leave it, but my curiosity got the best of me. Before I knew it, I was reading his text.

                Are you free tonight?

I pursed my lips. I am free tonight, but I don’t want to see him.

                No.

I lied. I actually never lied to him seriously. We were a faithful couple. Were. He ruined it. I slipped my belt on and grabbed my cardigan. I left my room with heavy steps.

---

                “Annyeonghaseyo, I am Choi Seungah, your new secretary,” I greeted my boss. For now, I was a secretary, but I might get moved up to a higher job. I bowed down 90 degrees before he ordered me to stand up straight.

                “Oh, you don’t have to be so formal,” he smiled, his eyes disappearing. He looked awfully young and… kind of good looking. I hid a small smile, glad to have a friendly boss. “I’m Youngbae.” I smiled politely and nodded. He pointed to the right. My eyes followed his hand. “That’s your work area.”

                I nodded. It seemed nice and comfortable. He pointed to the stack of papers on my desk and gave me instructions on what to do. It was actually pretty simple. Just the newbie stuff I learned back in Japan. I settled down in my seat. Before I started working, I set down my hourglass on the table. I paused before realizing all it would do was distract me. I let a smile crack onto my lips. I hope there are more cute guys here like Youngbae-ssi. Hopefully they’ll help heal my broken heart.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter