Sohyun

Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                I don’t understand. I don’t get why he was angry. It was just an hourglass. He can replace that easily. And… It was an accident! …But he seemed really hurt. Honestly, I’m so jealous of that … what’s her name… Seungah! Seungah unnie. It’s unfair. I wish Jiyong oppa could be comfortable with me too… He treats me… differently. And… I feel like he treats Seungah differently too… He treats her specially. I find that unfair. I don’t want Jiyong to treat me as only a girlfriend, but also as his best friend. I feel like Jiyong is hiding a lot of his past from me… Well, he never even tells me anything about his past! He’s really shrouded with mystery. But… there’s one thing I can tell… He has a long history with Seungah. He probably still likes her. I don’t want to believe that. I don’t want to lose Jiyong. He’s precious to me. Even if I know he’s cheating, I won’t break up with him. I really sound pathetic, but I love him too much. It’s what love does to you. It’s silly, really.

                I picked up my phone and puffed my cheeks up in frustration. I dialed Jiyong’s number and pressed the glowing call button. I anxiously bit my lip. I’m afraid that he won’t pick up. That he’ll stay mad at me. I shook my head. I’m being too paranoid. My heart dropped when I heard the operator begin to talk. I disconnected and tried again. I repeated the process about three times before giving up. I sighed. He must be mad at me. He always picks up for me… I nibbled on my fingernails. It was a bad habit. This will all blow over in a week or so. He can’t stay mad at me… I’m his girlfriend. I swallowed and stood up, determined to not let this ruin our relationship. I looked into my mirror and flashed a bright smile. My exterior self seems bright and confident… yet inside, I’m weak and frail.

                I sighed and glanced at my digital clock. I had time to spare; why not go shopping? It was the easiest way to keep my mind off of things. I left my apartment room and started walking to the bus station.

 

                So here I am. Downtown Seoul shopping center. The place was crowded with people… I don’t recall it having this many people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter