Seungah

Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Note: Each chapter's title will be either Jiyong or Seungah. This one is Seungah, so this chapter will be her POV. Get it? If the chapter title is 'Jiyong' then it will be his POV. Of course, it might be changed in the middle of the chapter.

          I’ve arrived in Seoul, at last. I can’t help but smile. It’s been two whole years since I’ve been here. The reason why I went to Japan was because of my career. I was training for business management in Japan. Hopefully I will get hired at a company in Korea or maybe even start my own. Everything is so alien, yet familiar. Tightening my grip on my black suitcase, I exit the bustling airport.  Jeez, it’s even more crowded outside… Luckily, I get to catch a cab home. My heart pounds with excitement. I can’t wait to see my parents… and… Jiyong. A lump forms in my throat- the kind you get when you’re about to cry. We would send each other letters and webcam, but for some reason, he stopped all connections with me after a few months. I’m not sure why, but I don’t really mind…

---

          This is it. I walked up the steps to the front door. Everything is the same. A wave of nostalgia washes over me as I recall the day I left. I felt bad, but loved at the same time because everyone was crying- except for Jiyong. He kept on a smile and encouraged me to work hard, but I could tell he was breaking up in the inside. What do you expect from his 9 year girlfriend? I shakily press the doorbell. I look down, hearing rapid footsteps and voices. I release my grip on my suitcase. My hand is sweaty from holding on too long. After what seemed like an eternity, the door creaked open. Wow, dad still hasn’t bought a new one even though mom has been nagging about it for years…

          “Seungah darling!” my mom shrieks. She hugs me and then my dad hugs me. I grin, so happy to see my parents again. They help me with my bags and then interrogate me on my trip. I answer their questions happily. We probably spent an hour talking about Japan.

          “Oh dear, you must be tired,” says dad. “Go to your room and rest.” I considered the idea, but then shook my head.

          “No, I want to see Ji first,” I smile brightly. I thought I saw them glance at each other strangely, but I think it was imagination. I run

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter