Do I Know You?

Searching For You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Year 2016…

"Yo Sehun," Kai called out to one of his best friends. Sehun glanced up from his phone and waved at the older boy. Kai approached the younger one and swung an arm around Sehun's shoulders, "sorry for making you wait," he apologized.

"It's fine," Sehun said, "so what's up? What did you want to do today?" he asked, stuffing his phone back into his pocket.

"Mmmmm...," Kai pondered, scrunching his mouth to one side of his face, "how about..."

"Don't take too long to decide, I might just give up on you," Sehun teased his friend and elbows the older one in the stomach. Kai yepled out an 'omph' and clasped the area where Sehun and smacked him. Sehun laughed at Kai who was glaring at him through his lashes, "Sorry hyung," he apologized and slapped the older on the shoulder, "I'm going to go get a drink from the vending machine while you think of what you would like to do," he said and walked away from Suho. The shorter one leaned back into the bench and continued to ponder while rubbing his chin.

Sehun walked up to the vending machine that was filled with a variety of fruit drinks and stuck money into the slot. Sliding his finger over the buttons, he pressed on three buttons and then bent down to pull his drink out of the vending machine slot.

"My coin!" a girl called out a few feet from Sehun. Sehun glanced down at his feet and there laid a silver coin. He grabbed the coin and a pair of feet wearing a pair of blue flats approached him, "thank you," the girl said out of breath.

Sehun got up from his crouching position to let the girl know that it was okay. His eyes landed on the girl standing before him and immediately his heart stopped, his brain seemed to have stopped as well, and he wasn't able to form the words, that he had wanted to say earlier, to the girl. The coin in Sehun's hand slips through his fingers and lands back on the cement.

"Taeyeon...," Sehun breathed out.

"Yes?" Taeyeon asks, a bit dumbfounded and confused, "do I…know you?"

"Uh…I…," Sehun, realizes that he had blurted out Taeyeon's name before introducing himself, quickly bent down to pick up the coin and hands it to her, "sorry, I'm Oh Sehun," he introduces. Taeyeon smiles and grabs the coin from his hand.

"Thank you, and well I'm Kim Taeyeon…but you seemed to know that already," she says with a slight chuckle and stuffs the coin in her pants pocket, "have we met before? At school? At work? Do I have a class with you?" Taeyeon asks, placing her her left pointer finger on her left cheek and taps it, "You don't look familiar at all."

"Ah..um..," Sehun tries to come up with an excuse for blurting out her name earlier without any prior introduction, but sadly he couldn't come up with one.

"Taeyeon," A male voice calls from behind her.

Taeyeon spins around and smiles then runs up to the man standing behind her, "Junsu," she says happily and hooks an arm around his. Sehun flinches a bit as he watches the girl who he have been having dreams of, hook arms with another stranger, but a more handsome looking stranger, "sorry for making you run after me," Taeyeon apologizes with a laugh, "but my lucky coin got away."

"It's fine," Junsu says, "are you ready to go?" he asks.

"Mm," Taeyeon hums with a nod. She looks back at Sehun and gave him a bow, "thank you for picking up my lucky coin," she tells him, "hope to see you around sometimes," and with that, Taeyeon and Junsu both turn their backs on Sehun and walk off.

"Ah! I know what I want to do now!" Kai shouts loudly which caused Sehun to jump from freight, "Sehun," Kai sprang up from the bench and ran up to the younger one, "there's this movie that I really wanted to go watch with Suho hyung but he seems to be always busy so can you…," he stops in midsentence when Sehun wasn't paying any attention to him, "Sehun?"

"Huh? What?" Sehun jerks his head to the side to stare at Kai, "did you say something?" he asks.

"Who are you looking at?" Kai asks, glancing at the direction that Sehun was staring at, "ah I know her," Kai says, pointing a finger at Taeyeon's back.

"You do?" Sehun asks and felt a bit of excitement spark within him.

"Yeah, that's Seohyun's best friend," Kai explains.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter