Taeyeon's Fortune.

Searching For You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun grabs his wallet and phone and shoves them into his pants pocket. He then walks up to the full length mirror hanging on the wall in his room and gave his reflection a good look, "Yosh, I'm ready," he tells himself and straightens the invisible wrinkle in his shirt. Sehun then proceeds out of his bedroom and into the living room.

"Sehun-ah," his mother calls from behind him. She is seen carrying a plate of fruits and wearing a red apron, "where are you going?' she asks.

"I'm going to go hang out with Suho hyung," Sehun answers without facing his mom. He sits down at the edge of the entrance way and grabs his shoes. He slips on his shoes and then stands up.

"Sehun-ah, your father wants you home tomorrow night," his mother tells him.

"Why?" Sehun asks, this time he spins around to face his mom, "I'm busy tomorrow. I have to go to work," he says.

"Your father arranged a dinner with the Song family," his mother answers, "please, do not upset your father any more than you already have."

"Then I already have?" Sehun asks a bit overwhelmed that all his mother cared about was upsetting his father, "Mom, have you ever thought about how it feels like having grandma and grandpa taking over your life? Making your every decisions?" he asks directly, not caring if his mother was offended or not.

"Sehun-ah, your father and I are only looking out after you," his mother replies, "if you find this offensive that we're only looking after our only child then so be it. I will tell your father that I called off the dinner," she then takes off towards the kitchen again.

"Mom, wait," Sehun calls and follow his mom into the kitchen, "it's not like that," he reaches out and grabs his mom by the elbow. Sehun takes in a deep breath, "Look…I just don't like this idea of arrange marriages or meetings or relationships," he explains, "I just feel like I should at least be able to take control of my life. I know that you and dad are only looking after me and are only wanting what's best for me but…"

His mother places the tray of fruits on the counter and spins around to face her son. She places a hand over and under Sehun's, "How about this," she says, "we don't expect for anything to spark or to happen between you and Naeun-shi, but at least go see them for your father's sake and reputation?" she asks.

Sehun heaves out a sigh of defeat and gives his mom a nod of his head, "Yeah," he says, defeated. His mother smiles and pulls him into a hug.

"I know that it's hard Sehun-ah," she says softly into his ears, "at first, I had tried to reason with your father that you were still too young to be arrange for any kind of relationship. But your father insisted and wouldn't stop. He did all the exchanging by himself without letting me know first," she pulls away and cups Sehun's face with her hands, "I don't want your father to be angry with my only son. I don't expect you guys do be dating right away or get married anytime soon but…," she takes in a deep breath, "at least go through with the dinner and experience how you feel about all of this," she suggests.

"Yeah…that's fine," Sehun replies. He gives his mom a warm smile and peels his mother's hands from his face, "I have to get going, Suho hyung is waiting for me outside."

Sehun's mother smiles and nods her head, "Go and have fun. Forget about this for the time being okay?"

He pecks his mother on the cheek before leaving her alone in the house. Sehun runs down the steps of the house and exits through the front gate. Suho was already waiting for Sehun by the time he got out of his house. He runs up and enters the passenger side, "Yo," he greets Suho, "sorry for making you wait."

"Nah it's fine," Suho tells Sehun and shifts the gear into drive, "ready?" he asks and Sehun nods.

"Nee unnie," Seohyun says, tapping her friend on the shoulder.

"Hm?" Taeyeon hums, looking up from her phone.

"I have to go use the restroom, can you wait here for Suho and his friend?" she asks.

"Um…yeah sure I guess," Taeyeon replies, "but…I don't know how Suho looks like," she says.

"Oh…that's right," Seohyun reaches into her handbag and pulls out her cellphone. She unlocks her phone, gets into her photos and selects one, "here," she says, showing Taeyeon a photo of her and Suho, "I'll send you this photo. Just make sure you look out for a guy who looks like him" she orders and points to Suho in her photo.

"Ooo…," Taeyeon replies with a nod. Seohyun quickly texts Taeyeon the photo and then leaves her alone at the waiting area.

Taeyeon watches as her friend runs to the public restroom. She takes in a deep breath and rocks back and forth standing up. Taeyeon glances right and left for a guy who looked like the person in Seohyun's photos. After waiting for a few minutes, Taeyeon's feet were hurting so she decided to take a seat on the bench behind her. Feeling the hot heat from the sun, she dabs the forming sweat from her forehead and glances around her surrounding once more, "What's up with these people being late?" she asks, glancing down at the watch on her wrist.

"Do you see her anywhere?" a voice close to Taeyeon asks.

"I don't even know how she looks like, how am I supposed to answer you?" a familiar voice to Taeyeon answers the one from before.

Taeyeon glances up and sees the same boy from earlier this week named Sehun walking towards her. He was accompanied by another man who looked familiar as well. Not thinking much, Taeyeon gets up from her feet, "Sehun?" she calls out.

Sehun stops in his tracks and glanced at the direction where he heard his name, "Taeyon?" he calls out. She gives him a smile and runs up to him.

"What are you doing here?" she asks.

"Oh, I'm with my friend," Sehun answers, "we're looking for someone right now."

Taeyeon glances over to where Suho was at and tilts her head, "He looks familiar," she says, "I think I've seen him somewhere before."

"Just look for someone who looks like this guy in this picture…"

"Ah!" Taeyeon shouts and points a finger to Suho, "You're Suho!"

"Yes?" Suho says in confusion.

"Mm…the guy…the guy who my friend his here to meet," Taeyeon stammers.

"You mean Seohyun?" Suho asks.

"Yeah," Taeyeon answers, "she went to the restroom but told me to find a guy who looks like you," she explains.

"Oh…I see."

"Wait…just a moment," Sehun interrupts, "I'm here on a double date with hyung and his girl, what are you doing here?" he asks Taeyeon, pointing a finger to himself and then to Taeyeon then back to himself.

"I'm here on a double date with Seohyun and Suho and his friend," she answers.

"Hm? Seems like you two already know each other," Suho chimes in and swings an arm around Sehun's shoulders.

"Well…," Sehun blushes and rubs the back of his head, "Not really. We just happened to ran into each other earlier this week."

"Ohhh?" Suho hums, staring suspiciously at the two person in front of him.

"Suho?" Seohyun calls from behind them.

"Seohyun!" Suho shouts and his face immediately changes. He walks in between Sehun and Taeyeon and approaches the long haired girl, "um…hey," he says shyly and stuffs his hands into his pockets.

"I think we should leave them alone," Sehun whispers to Taeyeon. Taeyeon nods in agreement and the two disappeared quietly.

"So…what do you feel like doing?" Sehun asks. The two of them are walking down the busy streets of Seoul, not sure of what they wanted to do for a Saturday morning.

"Hm…," Taeyeon hums and ponders. She places a finger on her left cheek and taps it.

"You do that a lot don't you?" Sehun asks.

"Eh?"

"W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter