Chapter 2 - New Beginnings

The Best Friend.

'Two steak sets, medium doneness for this person here and medium rare for me, thank you!' Ilhoon smiled brightly and returned the menus to the waitress without even looking at it. 'Oh, and kindly change the fries to salad for this person here, she's getting a little too chubby...' Bomi kicks Ilhoon under the table and shoots him a killer glare. He responded by chuckling away, seemingly proud of himself for annoying Bomi once again.

The two of them have been patronizing the cafe ever since they could afford to pay for their own meals hence the cafe owner recognizes them as the bickering duo. They have therefore witnessed several rounds of changes in the waiters and waitresses. ' Hey face, I think there might be a booger hanging out of your nose... The new waitress can't stop looking at you~' Bomi teases her friend as she takes a sip of water. 'Please Bomi-shi, we both know she's looking at me because of my irresistable charisma and adorable puppy-dog face.' Ilhoon declares smugly. Bomi rolls her eyes and pretends to choke on her water.

'Hi... excuse me... I know it is kind of inappropriate, but Oppa, do you mind being friends?' The waitress looks at her feet shyly as she stretches her arm towards Ilhoon to pass him her mobile phone. Ilhoon chuckles nervously and looks at Bomi. She simply shrugged and rolled her eyes at him again. Bomi is obviously not please with what was going on but too proud to admit. Ilhoon looks at the blushing waitress then Bomi again before reaching out for the phone.

'Ugh' Bomi lets out a judgemental shrug and mutters under her breath 'Resting face is such a flirt...'

'Thank you for your kind words, but as you can see, the both of us are together for a long long time, we even saw each other ...' Ilhoon typed in the waitress' phone and handed it back to her. 'Ah thank you oppa!' The waitress bows gratefully and turned back to acknowledge her 'victory' to her colleagues. 

'Flirt.' Bomi commented.
'Aww is our Bomi-shi jealous? Ilhoon teases her. 
'WHAT? More like grossed out? Oppa, can we be friends?~' Bomi exaggeratedly imitates the waitress. 'She is probably a junior in highschool!' Bomi added to her stand, just in case she sounded too jealous.

'Take your food!' another waitress casually place their food on the table before she glared at Ilhoon with disgust. Bomi glanced over Ilhoon's shoulders and saw all the other waitresses grudgingly staring over their table.

'Jung Ilhoon, what did you do this time? Why are the waitresses who were swooning over you just one moment ago glaring at us now?'
'Oh nothing much... I just told her we saw each other ...' Ilhoon replied indifferently while cutting up a slice of his glorious steak. 
'YOU WHAT?!' Bomi shrieks and smacks Ilhoon on his head. 
'Technically we did... several times... we even have photo evidence...' Ilhoon looks up from his plate and gives Bomi a cheeky wink.
'We were just kindergarteners... Jung Ilhoon! Now they're going to think that I'm some easy ...' Bomi whines. 
'Nah... it's fine... we're moving soon anyway~ here!' Ilhoon hands Bomi a letter.

'Congratulations Ms Yoon Bomi, you have been accepted into our prestigious Bachelors program in Music.' Bomi reads out the content of the letter, confused. 'Whe..when did I apply to college???' She looks at Ilhoon, hoping for an answer.
'Well... I applied for you when I submitted my application, so there you go! Another 4 years together?' Ilhoon explains proudly and winks at her again.
'Well... I am not going.' Bomi replied, looking very obviously not please.
The air turned solemn as Ilhoon questions why.
'I have no interest in college... Besides, I've gotten a job already.' Bomi says without looking up from her plate.
'What? Where?' Ilhoon frowns, drops his cutleries and looks over to Bomi, concerned.(ed's note: swoooooon~ hehe)
''At some fashion boutique...' Bomi replies nochantlantly..
'If it's the school fees, my family can help you out... I received a scholarship for college so the money my parents saved up for my college fund isn't touched at all...' Ilhoon replied earnestly, hoping to receive a positive response. Instead, Bomi simply looked at him defensively with her arms crossed.