Chapter 4 - I've always been in love with you.

The Best Friend.

'Two months passed and Ilhoon and Bomi haven't said much to one another, except for the occasional greetings when they bump into one another in the hallways. Neither knew how to break the ice and felt like the other party would be better off without them.

'I'm going to college tomorrow.' Ilhoon mumbled and looked at Bomi for a response.
'Oh. Good luck with school...' Bomi forced a cold smile before returning to her own apartment.

 

'Freshies! Where do you think you are going?! Nobody can escape from our welcome party, nobody's going home until they puke out all the contents in their gut!' The boisterous senior warned Ilhoon before placing his arm over Ilhoon's shoulder seemingly like they have been friends forever and dragging him to a bar not too far away from the college with the rest of his coursemates.

'I'm sorry... but you are...?' Ilhoon asked as he tries to shrug off the arm of the overly-friendly person.

'Ah yes... Where are my manners. My name is Eun Kwang, Seo Eun Kwang aka Silver Light. I'm the president of the music majors, I look after your welfare and most importantly ensure you have the ultimate college experience!  Eun Kwang smirks and continues 'BUT, please feel free to let me know if you have any troubles okay? Anything. Hyung will always be here! Unless! Unless it's monetary problems, that, hyung is helpless too.' Eun Kwang laughs at his own speech,pats Ilhoon on his back and happily runs off to speak to other freshies. 

Ilhoon found a seat at a corner of the bar, hoping not to gather too much attention on himself. He picked up his pint of beer, took a sip and almost spilled the rest when the live band's singer introduced herself. 
'It's Bomi... What is she doing here?!' Ilhoon stood up and stared ahead at the familiar figure on stage. Except the familiar figure did not seemed too much like the girl he grew up with. Bomi was clad in a spagetti-strapped crop top, a tight leather skirt and finished off the look with fiery red lipstick and seductive smokey eye make up. 

'That's Bomi the fatass right? But... This can't be. She said she was working in a clothing boutique...'  The Bomi that Ilhoon has been secretly habouring a crush on since middle school would never wear anything this revealing. He always thought she looked best in her cutesy girl-next-door fashion, even though he knows she is ever that much of a girl-next-door.

Bomi thanked the audiences after she finished her set and wearily went to the bar to get a drinking. She  has yet to notice Ilhoon's presence.

'Bomi-shi, you know oppa likes you a lot right? Why don't you accept my heart?' A burly man with redden cheeks helps himself to the vacant high chair beside Bomi's.
'Bomi ya, don't listen to him, be my girlfriend instead and I promise you I will treat you like a princess...' A y guy who appears to be the burly guy's friend joins in and places his arms arounds both his friend and Bomi.
'It's not going to work... I attended every single one of her shows and yet she don't even look at me once. What is it with this cocky attitude? There are so many other hot girls who will happily call me oppa and fall into my arms' Another man chimes in. 
Bomi uncomfortably shuffles in her seat as she try to push the men away,

Before she could say anything, she felt a strong grip on her arm and had no choice but to follow as the person drags her out of the bar. It happened so quickly she did not even see the person's face but was just glad to be removed from the uncomfortable situation. 

'YOON BOMI. What on Earth are you thinking?! You refused college for this?!' Ilhoon shouted, flustered with a combination of worry and frustration. 
Bomi was speechless. She did not expect to see Ilhoon and was embarassed to be seen in such an unsightly situation after proudly declining his help several months back.
'What. So you're a big deal now that you're a college boy? Why did you drag me out here? Can't you see I was busy?' Bomi tried her best to argue.
'Busy? Busy getting cozy with those three ahjussis? Bomi-ya, what is happening? Tell me so I can help.' Ilhoon holds Bomi by her shoulders and looked intently into her eyes as he spoke.
'There is nothing to help, I can take care of myself.' Bomi brushes Ilhoon's hands off her shoulders and looked away from his eyes.
'But... I care for you...' Ilhoon responded.
'You are nobody to me, just leave. I'm busy...' Bomi turns around and headed back to the pub.
However, before she could leave, Ilhoon grabs hold of her wrist and blurted out 'I'm in love with you!'
Upon realizing his unintentional confession, he knew there was no way back except forward. Hence he gathered all his courage and confessed;
'I've always been in love with you Yoon Bomi-shi...'