2nd bar experience - ilhoon

The Best Friend.

The familiar melodious singing voice of his girlfriend forces a smile on Ilhoon's face. Ilhoon has been pacing back and forth the corridor of the bar Bomi was working at. He knew he agreed to let the fact pass and support his girlfriend's wish to continue her employment here. However deep down, he knew he was still as uncomfortable with the fact as ever and hated how the men looked at Bomi.

'Alright Jung Ilhoon. For Bomi. Let's go!' Ilhoon prepped himself and walked into the bar. As he stood at the back of the room, he was transported back to his school orientation party where he saw Bomi performing on this very stage. A conflicting mixture of feelings of happiness to see his girl singing and anger at the men shouting rude remarks at the very girl he loves engulfed him. He wanted to pull her off the stage so badly as he simply could not understand why would these men were behaving like animals. However he managed to convince himself otherwise, because he knew the job was important for Bomi and if she could ignore these men, so could he.

 

Ilhoon poured down the pint of beer thirstily, hoping the alcohol would numb some of his pain. A defeated smile crept on his face. Ilhoon was struggling, and he knew this was all he could take, perhaps next time. Ilhoon stood up and walked out of the bar, without turning back.

'Perhaps the next time i'll be better at this...'