Chapter 3 - Let me follow you.

The Best Friend.

'When will you begin?' Ilhoon sighs, knowing there will be no way he can convince Bomi to accept the university offer. Bomi has always been stubborn; never accepting help from others. Ilhoon recalled how he tried to teach Bomi how to ride a bicycle but she stubbornly pushed him away again and again. Despite falling countless of times; scraping her knees and palms while at it, she simply insisted on doing it on her own.  

'Tomorrow.' Bomi placed her cutlery down with some force; hopefully to gain some courage through the action. 

'Where? Let me come with you. Is it safe? How much do you know about the place?' Ilhoon bombards Bomi with every worry he can think of.

'Ya Jung Ilhoon! I am not a little girl anymore. Besides, who are you to care?' Bomi wipes , placed the cost of her share of the meal on the table and leaves hastily.

Ilhoon watches as Bomi disappear from the cafe. He could not understand why she got angry, neither did he understood why she refused to attend university. Bomi is the most talented person he knows and she was the one who inspired him to learn how to play the piano. In fact, the first song that he has ever written was inspired by the feisty personality of his favorite childhood friend. 

As Bomi storms out of the cafe, she turned back and took a glance at Ilhoon's well sculpted face before moving on. She hurriedly wiped off the unwilling tears that were staining her cheeks. 

'No way I can show him my tears... I'm sorry Ilhoonie, but I simply cannot accept your offer.'