Contest

Their Forbidden Love: Romeo and Juliet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day arrived. It was a beautiful morning at the Kwon's kingdom that is until a group of the Kim's soldiers arrived their town on horses. The town's people hid themselves immediately, and the shops closed down as the horses charged passed them, making their way to the castle with the soldiers.

The Kwon's soldiers came out group by group. The general of the Kwon's soldier stood in front of the castle gates, his eyes stern on the group of Kim's coming.

"Halt!" Yelled general Kim. And the group of soldiers stopped their horses. 

"What brings you here, general Kim? I thought we had made our peace a long time ago." General Kwon watched the other general himself jumping down from his horse.

"I came to deliver a message from my Lord. He is here to give your kingdom a warning. If any of your people set foot in the Kim's kingdom, there will be no mercy shown on them." General Kim reported and the Kwon general frowned at him.

"What are you talking about?" 

"Oh you didn't know? The prince was at our princess's party last night. And here's the evidence. He wasn't alone though, Taeyang and T.O.P was there." The general yanked out a folder from the duffel bag that was hung on his horse. 

He tossed the folder to general Kwon and he caught it swiftly. 

"This is just a warning. Let's go troops!" General Kim got on his horse and together they left the kingdom of the Kwon's. 

General Kwon just frowned at the folder in his hands and his back. The soldiers made way for their general to pass.

As the folder was delivered to the Lord himself, the Lord wasn't at all happy. 

"Honey.." Lady Kwon called out and grabbed her husband's hand, trying to calm him down.

"Bring the prince here." The Lord ordered as he stared at the pictures in his hand, each showing the evidence of the three boys in the party at night. *What were these three doing there?* 

GD was up and about, he was by the balcony of his room, staring into thin air. As today is the day of  the contest. But the main reason he was up is because he couldn't stop thinking about the Kim princess from the night before.

*She's a Kim..* He thought, he was aware of the war and all. He wasn't suppose to go near her and forget her immediately. But why does his heart disobeys? His mind flashes images of her and he just sighed, closing his eyes. 

*Stop. Focus GD. The vocalist. You need to find her. Not think about the princess.* 

Knock Knock Knock

Three knocks, that means it was the General. 

Before GD could give out his permission to enter, the door burst opened. GD stopped gazing at the scenery by his balcony and slowly turned around.

"Prince Jiyong." The general came in and bowed along with the two soldiers that followed from behind.

"Good morning general. What an unusual visit. What news have you bring? News that even made you so eager to tell me. You didn't even wait till I gave out my permission." GD said and raised a brow. 

"I'm sorry your highness. But the Lord wishes to see you now." 

At the mention of his father, GD just gave him a surprised look. "Father?" 

"Yes, we received a warning letter from the Kim's this morning. It was about their princess's birthday party." The general explained and at the mention of that GD inwardly groaned. *Oh .* 

"Alright. I'll go to my father myself." He said and walked passed the soldiers. 

As soon as GD arrived to the ballroom, his father wasn't on his throne but walking back to forth in front of it. GD had entered the room and the Lord turn to look at him. His eyes showed anger.

"Jiyong." Lady Kwon smiled at his son, and GD just nodded back. "Good morning mother.." He mumbled. ".. Father." 

"So you finally came." His father growled softly under his breath. GD just nodded. "Father, I know why you have called me here." He said and the Lord just heavily breathed in and asked. "Oh, you do?" 

"Yes." GD lowered his head, he knew how pissed his father is at the moment. 

"And I would like to apologize for what I had did the night before." 

"Apology not accepted. I would love to know why you, your cousin and our apprentice was at the Kim's territory the night before? And not just their kingdom, but also in their castle too?!" The Lord roared and Lady frowned at her husband. 

"My Lord! Please calm down!" She snapped angrily and turn to GD. "Son, why were you there?" She asked, softly.

GD just stayed quiet forawhile. He knew most of this was T.O.P's fault, but he can't rat his cousin out like that. Besides, it's not like going to that party was a total waste and failure. 

He had a chance to meet someone. Someone worth meeting. 

"Well?!" The Lord roared again as his son wasn't replying. "Honey!" The Lady snapped again. "You really need to control that temper of yours!" 

"My temper?! He went to the Kim's kingdom! He is well aware of the war between us and them! You could have been killed if you didn't escape in time!" The Lord glared at him and GD just lowered his head. 

"Okay now!" The Lady stood up. "He's back home isn't he? Today's the day of the contest isn't it? GD you may be excused and prepared yourself for the contest. But never do that again, understood?" She said and eyed him.

GD just looked up at his mom and nodded. "Yes mother. I promise I won't enter the Kim's territory anymore." 

"Okay, good." She said and smiled. "You can get going now." 

GD bowed and immediately left the ballroom. The Lord stood there, pissed off, his anger still boiling. "Why did you just let him go?! He's the next ruler of our kingdom! He almost died that night! He knows perfectly well why we hate the Kim's!" 

"My Lord, your son is back home. Safe and sound. Even if he is the next ruler, he's still a 20 year old teenager. He just went out to have fun. Have you forgotten what's that like? I don't want my son to look back on his memories and regret his childhood years." The Lady pleaded and the Lord just sighed. 

"I'm well aware he is a teenager. But in the situation we're currently having with the Kim's. Our son is no where safe at all." He said and the Lady just patted him. "He's safe now i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter