Town

Their Forbidden Love: Romeo and Juliet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A vocal contest, huh.." Taeyang, GD's best friend spoke as he was polishing the books in the library. A library filled with antique instruments that were passed down from generations to generations of the Kwon family.

Taeyang was an apprentice in the castle, but he is also childhood friends with GD. They practically grew up together.

"Yeah, what do you think about it? It was my cousin's idea of vocal work. I can't believe it took me this long to figure out about vocal work." GD sat on one of the leather chair while grabbing onto a random book on the shelves.

Taeyang just dusted the dust while listening to him. "That's cause you're too focus into instruments lately. You probably forgot that vocals are another instrument." 

"Hey, you said the same thing as T.O.P too." GD said while flipping open the books and sighed. "I just hope everything works out. But it's a bit mysterious huh.." 

"What's mysterious? The vocalist?" Taeyang asked as he went over to another side of the book shelves. 

"No. The tune. It just appears in my dreams. And for the past 3 nights too, and the weird thing is I can't get it out of my head. It's like the God of music is trying to tell me something. God, I sound crazy." GD let out a sigh and just closed the book.

"You definitely sound crazy." Taeyang agreed. "But," He added. "It's not bad crazy. You are a gifted man. You are mostly the reason why Harmony is still in balanced despite the war we are having at the moment.." Taeyang sighed. "It's been going on for years, when will it finally come to an end?" 

"I don't know either. And I don't really care too much about it. As long as it doesn't get in my way of finding the right vocalist." GD got up from his chair and went to Taeyang's side.

"By the way, you're going to be the opening act for the vocal contest." GD said and Taeyang just smirked at him. "A chance for me to shine, eh?" 

"Of course! You are one of the most amazing vocalist I have ever met." GD smiled at him and Taeyang just smiled back. "Thanks bro. Also, about your dream of that tune. You're not fully crazy about it. I've studied most of the books in this library. Some ancient stories seem to connect to your situation right now." 

"What do you mean?" GD gave him a look of curiosity. "You're saying my dream isn't just a sudden weirdness?" 

"Sort of." Taeyang shrugged. "It's in one of the books here. I forgot what's the name of it but it involves with two lovers. Both gifted and are destined to be. With both of their love together, Harmony was the most peaceful time it has ever been." 

"What?" GD chuckled. "So now the love of a partner is what makes Harmony peaceful?" 

Taeyang shook his head. "Not just that, despite having deep feelings for one another. Both of them shared the same burning passion. Their love for music was one of a kind. Harmony had never been more peaceful in the world's history." 

"Wow." GD was amazed. "But still, this relates nothing to my situation now. I have the same dream of 3 night straight.." 

"I forgot the rest though, but believe it's quite alike to your situation now. I will give it to you if I could find it, in this big library of yours.." Taeyang stopped polishing the books and looked around the library.

He wasn't kidding, the library was enormous and books were stacked up all the way to the top almost touching the ceiling. GD followed his gaze and smirked. "Well, no rush. If you find it, just alert me about it. Anyways, I have to go now. Still got more unfinish business." 

"Shopping with your sister?" Taeyang guessed and GD just shot him a look then nodded.

Taeyang just smirked and chuckled lightly. "Your sister has total control over you, go now before she starts whooping your ." GD just inwardly groaned. "You're lucky you have no sisters. You don't want to experience the pain." 

At the mentioned of sisters, someone was hollering in the castle.

"YAH! KWON JIYONG!"  

"Speaking of the devil.. Bye man!" GD waved at his pal before exiting the library. "I'M COMING!" He yelled.

"Gosh you're so slow! The bargain sale doesn't wait for you!" Dami hollered.

Taeyang just laughed at the sound of the two royal siblings squabbling over little things. But moments like this makes you realize how precious they are to you. 

*Now for that book..* 

Knock Knock

Taeyeon stopped playing the piano and turn to the door. "Come in." She said and the door opened up. It was the duke.

"Milady, a visitor has arrived to see you." 

"A visitor?" Taeyeon raised a brow and the duke brought the guest in. Once the person had stepped in the room Taeyeon's eyes widened and she got up from her chair. 

"Tiffany!" She called out happily and ran into her best friend's arms. "Oh my gosh! It's been so long since we last meet!" Tiffany, Taeyeon's best friend had come to visit her. Just like Taeyeon, Tiffany was also a princess. The two shared the same passion for music and hobbies too that they just became good friends for life.

"Come on! Let's go hang out!" Tiffany suggested happily and Taeyeon just gave her a surprised look. "Where are we going?" 

"Hmm, well," Tiffany dragged her close and whispered into her ear. "Want to play commoners for today?" As soon as Taeyeon heard it, her eyes widened but was soon replaced with a smile on her face.

Her inner mischievious side was showing and she just turn to Tiffany with a look that says she was in on this adventure.

"Duke, you are excused. We want to have our own girl talk now." Taeyeoen excused the duke out and as soon as he left Taeyeon just turn to Tiffany with a confused look.

"But how?" She asked. Tiffany just smirked at her and went to her closet. "Don't worry I have a plan. We just need a little redecorating on our clothings. Where is the scissor?" 

After a few snips and cutting, and adding some touches on their looks. Taeyeon and Tiffany was wearing clothings that look like any noble commoner would wear and she had tied both their hairs in simple ponytails. The look all commoners have, and they even messed up their hair just so it didn't look like it was royally done. And they had a clothe tied onto their heads so their faces were covered up.

"Perfect! Now, do you have a secret back door? You know for like princess escapes if there is an invasion happening?" Tiffany asked and Tayeeon nodded with a smirk. "Follow me."

Taeyeon led her to her giant walk in closet and went to a specific corner, Taeyeon grabbed onto a candlestick, pushing it, the sound of a door opening up was heard but could not be seen.

"Where is it?" Tiffany asked. "Right here." Taeyeon walked to the pile of her most expensive clothings and pushed them all aside, revealing an opened passage for the two of them to escape.

"Okay, let's go!" Tiffany grabbed onto her arm and together the two of them left the castle. The door closed up automatically as soon as they left her closet. 

"Wow, your parents really know how to make a secret passage. They even made sure it has lit up candles just so you can see where you are going. But wasn't your parents intention to lock you up in your room? With this secret passage you could leave anytime you want." Tiffany asked, she knew all about Taeyeon's troubles and her being locked away from the news of the war.

She knew very well Taeyeon's heart wasn't capable of handling war and blood. She was forbidden to know any of it.

"Acdtually, it's a secret from my parents, I actually found this one night when I was young. It must have been an old passage for my ancestors to escape." Taeyeon explained.

"So your parents dont know this tunnel exis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter