Bodyguard Cousin

Their Forbidden Love: Romeo and Juliet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tack!

The lock on Taeyeon's door unlocked and it swung open. Lord Kim stepped into the room with a blonde girl behind him. 

The two stood in the middle of the room, watching Taeyeon who was near the window. She stares into the morning view, feeling numb from crying all night.

"Taeyeon." Lord Kim began. 

She didn't respond and remained silent. Lord Kim sighed and repeated his words. 

"Kim Taeyeon." He spoke again, louder. The blonde girl next to him worriedly glance at the Lord and back at the princess.

Taeyeon didn't respond again.

Lord Kim heaved out a sigh, furrowing his eyebrows as a frown spread across his forehead. 

"So, you're just going to give me the silent treatment?" His voice loud and stern. Again, she didn't respond.

"ANSWER ME!" Lord Kim yelled, startling both Taeyeon and the blonde lady next to him.

"Uncle, please. Try to calm down." The lady spoke, the voice made Taeyeon turned her head, she recognized that voice. It was a familiar tone.

Lord Kim looked up and stare at his disheveled daughter, now in a mess, red eyes with messy hair. 

Taeyeon's eyes widened at her cousin standing next to her father. 

"Hyoyeon?" She whispered softly. Hyoyeon just gave Taeyeon a small smile while worriedly glancing at the Lord.

"So your cousin has caught your attention?" He asked. Taeyeon's gaze shifted to the ground immediately, she wasn't ready to face her father yet.

Lord Kim saw her avoiding eyes and let out a deep sigh. 

"What's Hyoyeon doing here?" Taeyeon asked softly, her eyes still on the ground. 

"Look to me as you speak." Lord Kim advised but Taeyeon didn't obey and repeated her question. 

"What is my cousin doing here?" 

"How dare you speak to me in that manner?! Did we teach you to be rude?!" 

Lord Kim was furious at his daughter's disrespectful attitude, but Hyoyeon had grabbed onto his arm. Lord Kim stared at Hyoyeon who gave him a pleading look to calm down.

Lord Kim remained numb under Hyoyeon's grasp and heaved out another sigh.

"She will be your new bodyguard." Lord Kim explained which made Taeyeon looked up, she was staring straight at her father now. 

Lord Kim finally had a clear look of his daughter's face, the face that tore his heart apart as he felt pain spread across his chest. His precious daughter's eyes, her once beautiful and hopeful eyes turned to anger and disappointment. 

"Why?" She asked, staring straight into their eyes. 

Lord Kim grumbled in annoyance. "Kim Taeyeon, you know very well why your cousin is here as your bodyguard. You need a Kim's guidance around you. To teach you and guide you into the right path." 

"What do you know about the right path?" Taeyeon snapped which made Lord Kim speechless. 

"How dare-" 

"I've been lied to my entire life and always kept under the castle's grounds. I was never revealed to my kingdom, I don't even know the events or news that happens in my kingdom. I can't do anything because you locked me up from the world and the truth every single day!" Taeyeon raised her voice. 

The Lord and her cousin stood in shock, Hyoyeon's heart was in pain as she hears her cousin's confession. She is well aware of what goes on in the Kim's castles and how Taeyeon was banned from almost everything.

"Now, I've finally found freedom, happiness and love. And your reaction is to locked me up forever?!" "A Kwon doesn't bring you love!" Lord Kim interruped as he shot a death glare at his daughter.

"You don't even know him!" Taeyeon yelled back.

Lord Kim's eyes shut in pain as he heaved out a deep sigh. 

"He's make me feel things that I haven't felt in a long time. Father, didn't you know we're the blessed ones? We're destined to make Harmony a peaceful world.. We can't be separated." Taeyeon reasoned with him.

*The blessed ones? A Kwon and a Kim?* Hyoyeon's eyes widened as she stares at Taeyeon and back at Lord Kim. 

Lord Kim was quiet as he tightened his palms in anger, "That's just a silly legend.." 

"It is a true story and you know it! Father, we shared a connection! According to history, the blessed ones will have the same dream until they have finally met! I have been dreaming the same tune for three nights in a row and it never stopped till I met him." Taeyeon tried to reason with her father but he refuses to listen and came up with excuses.

"Everybody has dreams that repeats constantly." He snapped back. 

"But not for three nights in a row! The same goes for GD!" Taeyeon protested. 

"That doesn't prove anything!" Lord Kim was now frustrated as he sighed, he turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter