Who's His Friend?

A Romance Unholy

Daehyun was there to help block Youngjae from the oh-so-evil Second in Command Zelo. He really didn't want to deal with such a babysitting type job, but he was one of Youngjae's very few friends. Probably his best friend, if he had to be honest. Sure, there was Yongguk, but he only talks to Youngjae or Daehyun if the Order of Angels sends out an important message. It's been two years since the last one, which was about watching out for a demon who'd consumed more than fifty angel souls and the soul of an archangel. Yongguk had destroyed it quite easily, so there was really no need to worry.

"So am I officially your personal babysitter?" He asked Youngjae, who'd been too busy watching his back, sides, and front, to acknowledge the presence of his dorm-mate. Daehyun tapped the other's shoulder to catch his attention, but it only lead to a jumpy Youngjae who's heart nearly jumped out of his chest. "Woah there, kitty-cat, chill. Is he really that scary?"

"Not when you first look at him, he has a baby face when he's not smirking or trying to kill you. But he can do damage. And after yesterday, I really don't want to run into him again." Ah yes, yesterday, the supposed to be chill Friday, Youngjae spotted a female angel in a distorted shape. Blood everywhere, wings ripped out of their place. She died despite Youngjae's attempts to save her, but not before saying 'Choi Junhong'. That's when Youngjae realized how dead he could have ended up the first day he met Junhong. 

"I still don't know what I'm useful to him for." And frankly, he doesn't want to find out.

"Probably just like he hinted: se-" That slap was going to leave a nice red mark on Daehyun's cheek. "Ouch... "

"No, I'm sure it's not just that." He said thoughtfully.

"You said just." Daehyun grinned, but before Youngjae could hit him once more, a loud and high pitched voice yelled out. 

"Jung Daehyun! Get your over here before I shove your dirty socks down your throat!" Jung Hana, the oh-so loving and caring sister of none other than Jung Daehyun's fat , yelled threateningly. Daehyun knew that it wasn't just a threat, she would attempt to shove the soiled socks that he left scattered in the livingroom during his and Youngjae's stay right down that throat of his. Maybe it'd shut him up for once, Youngjae thought hopefully.

Daehyun didn't live far from the university, but it was still too large a distance away that he was unwilling to drive back and forth. Therefore, he chose to live the full campus life and live in a couples dorm ( 2 people, not an actual couple ) and wasn't going to change that so far into his university years. His family knew Youngjae enough to let him stay over for the weekend as well, which Youngjae didn't mind since it meant more distance between his demon predator and a nicer bed than the ones they provide in the dorms.

"Coming!" Daehyun yelled loud enough for Hana to hear him. He stood up from the greenery in the front yard of his home and held up a finger to Youngjae as to signal for him to wait. Twenty minutes had passed and Youngjae begun to believe Hana suffocated the other with a ball of socks until he came out with a half-bitten sandwich. The blonde angel wasted no time to snatch the sandwich and take a bite out of it himself. He chose to ignore the whines and whimpers emanating from Daehyun's trembling lips. 

"You made me wait an extra ten minutes just to fix yourself a sandwich, I deserve at least a portion of it." Youngjae stated as he bit out of the delicious snack once more prior to handing it back to Daehyun.

"What happened to 'Thou shall not steal' or whatever? Is that not a commandment anymore or was I reading off the wrong book?" 

"Hmn I didn't choose to be an angel."

"Watch your words." Daehyun spoke grimly, a dark look setting upon his visage as his tone grew serious. "Be careful what you wish for..." He muttered.

"I didn't wish for anything?"

Daehyun shook his head and Youngjae forgot about the topic altogether.


"Can't say I miss this bed," Daehyun stated as he ran a hand through his brown locks of hair. 

"Me neither." Youngjae placed his bag on his messy dorm bed. "But I'm more worried about the pink-head."

"Yeah, yeah, okay. I get it, you want me to come with you everywhere and ensure your safety. Because I totally can manage my own much better than you can against this 'Zelo'." He groaned. "I'm totally dying soon."

"No, I won't let you die before you actually get a boyfriend."

"Shut up, I've had boyfriends."

"Name one."

"Ah... you."

Youngjae's brow lifted in bewilderment. "Erm, no. Plus, I'm straight, so there's no possibilty."

"Well-" Daehyun smiled, "you're a boy and my friend. Plus, I'd make anyone gay for me." His eyebrows wiggled and Youngjae groaned.

"I'm completely disgusted. I have higher standards than trash, you know."

"Mhm, talk to me when you have enough balls to confess your undying love to me." A smile cracked on Youngjae's face at the joke, Daehyun seriously knew how to make him feel as if there were no problems in the world. Whenever Youngjae looked down or was anxious over something, Daehyun kept joking around to lighten the mood if Youngjae didn't want to talk about what was troubling him. Daehyun even helped him through his first complete break down once in his second year of university just by joking about everything and anything. Youngjae was truly grateful to have met such a great friend.


 "Tell me again why we're watching him when we should be talking about how the hell to avoid him?"

"Because I want to see if there's a way to calm your fears of him. Don't worry, he may know we're here, but he won't do anything. Plus, I have your b...a...ck..." Youngjae's eyebrow raised at the other as they were crouched behind two trash cans in the Joe Billy Cafe two blocks away from the university. It was a huge cafe compared to most. It was pretty busy too. One of the people that happened to be a customer in that particular cafe was none other than Junhong. He was just joined at his table by two people. One Yougjae has come to know as Jongup, the other was a part-time model that was nothing short of well-known in the university.

Kim Himchan.

Yongguk hated him.

Youngjae continued to look at Daehyun's face questioningly. Suddenly, the latter turned his head sharply to face Youngjae. "Who the is his friend?!" He whisper-shouted.

"Which one?"

"Ugh. Everyone knows Himchan, so obviously the other one." The y-cute one.

"His name is Jongup, I heard him say that on the... first day." Youngjae made a reluctant reference to the day he got his beat. He used to be so cocky and confident about his skills prior to then, but now he wasn't so sure. Especially when Junhong still scared the out of him. Yongguk said he would do something about him, but has yet to update Youngjae.

"Jongup. Fitting."

"Why'd you ask?"

"Because he's ing fine."

"You're going for the enemy now?! Betrayal at its finest!"

"Hey, don't say that, you're the master of betrayal here, not me. Plus, he's just a human that happens to be friends with a demon. I'm pretty sue he doesn't even know about the damn war. Well, sort-of war. Let me live." Daehyun glared at Youngjae. In retaliation, the blonde punched Daehyun in the arm, but a little too hard. The latter's self decided it would be a good idea to topple over and fall out of his hiding spot. As if on cue, the same people they were watching were now all staring at him.

"Idiotic." Himchan stated flatly. Nobody from their table made a move to help Daehyun. That is, until, Jongup stood and walked over to the trashcans. He held out an outstreched hand for the brunette to grab. Of course, not wanting to miss his opportunity, the angel grabbed his hand and allowed Jongup to pull him upwards. With a smile he thanked the shorter.

"No need. Be careful next time, okay?" As if weird people fell from behind trashcans every day he spoke casually, smiling visage unwavering.

"Thanks." Daehyun was at a loss for words. Jongup's smile was cute, his face was cute, his  everythigg was cute. "H-Hey, can I get you a coffee as to repay you for helping me out?"

Jongup tilted his head. He didn't think it was that big a deal. "Not right now, me and my friends are about to leave. But maybe another day if you really want to."

"Then here," Daehyun fumbled with his cellphone and unlocked it before passing it to the other, "put your n-number in my contacts so I can call you and work out the details. M-My name's Daehyun by the way."

There was a moment of silence as Jongup pressed in the details of his contact information. He took a quick selfie and made it the avatar for his contact. "Cute name. Mine's Jongup. See you later." The shorter quickly pressed the phone back into Daehyun's palm and waved before jogging back to Junhong and Himchan, who had moved from their previous spot to the front door.

They all started exiting, but not before Junhong loked over his shoulder and narrowed his eyes, sending a smirk. Quickly he pointed to the trashcan Youngjae was behind and then left. 

Daehyun could have relayed this information to his best friend, but he was too busy thinking about the cutie he just scored. "I got his ing number!" He was ecstatic, but didn't find Youngjae in the same state. Instead, he found the other hugging the trashcan and shutting his eyes tightly.

The whole time Daehyun and Jongup were too busy flirting, Youngjae was too busy making himself unseen. At first Daehyun started giggling, then his voice rose to a full out laugh. 

"I'm- Oh my- Sorry," pause, "oh my God- You're so- Oh my God." His laughs began to die out as he watched Youngjae stand up with an angry expression.

"Don't say sorry unless you actually mean it, ."

"Awe are you actually angry? I'm sorry JaeJae, maybe I'll find you a cute girlfriend so you don't have to be a third wheel." Daehyun wrapped his arms around Youngjae, but he was unwilling to hug back. 

"People are staring."

"Let them."

"Daehyun I will punch you."

"Do it."

"You hoe." Daehyun laughed and let go, but contined to walk to the front door. They never ordered anything, seeing as they had snuck into the cafe rather than actually sat down and bought something. Therefore, they didn't need to wait for a bill or finish their food, they could just leave.


Jongup smiled at his phone as he saw a new text message from the boy he met at the cafe. He was cute, but Jongup was taken. Well, then again, it could have just been the other's kindness that led him to ask for Jongup's number in order to repay him. 

"Who's making you smile like that?" Junhong leaned over from the other side of the couch and took a peek at the name. It wasn't a contact, but the text read 'This is Daehyun's number, save it :)'. "Oh. That's the boy who fell right? Do you like him?"

Jongup pinched the other's cheek as if to punish him for assuming. "No, I have Jieun, dummy."

"I don't know, happens."

"Watch your language."

"I'm over age."

"You'r still a child to me." Junhong smiled innocently, making the cutest face he could muster. Inside he could nearly gag. Bless his cute face for giving him the ability to manipulate people without trying, but it was such a pain having to act cute all the time. Though sometimes the praise he received for it was quite enjoyable.

The pair heard a knock at Jongup's dorm door and before he could get to the door Junhong had already opened it. He noticed under Junhong's long arm that it was Jieun.

"Jieun." Jongup smiled, but it felt as if he had to force it. 

"Guppie~ I missed you babe." She pecked his lips and walked inside like she owned the place. In her hand was a bag with a styrofoam tray. It was one of those restaurant to-go packages. 

As Junhong sat back on the couch and prepared himself to be a third wheel, Jongup remembered he had to make Daehyun's number jnto a contact. He walked into the dorm-kitchen type space, phone in hand, and clicked the plus sign to add in contact information. Jieun slid up next to him and looked at his screen. He instinctively pulled away.

"Who's number is that? Who are you texting?" Concern was laced in her tone. Jongup mentally rolled his eyes a million times over. She got suspicious of his every move and action. 

"Nobody."

"If it's nobody then why'd you pull away? Let me see." She held out her hand expectantly. Jongup turned off his phone screen and shoved the device in his back pocket. Before Jieun could move he grabbed her outstretched hand used his free hand to grab on to her waist.

"Why don't you ever trust me?" He whispered and pressed his lips to hers. Though, he honestly was not in the mood. 

Junhong realized how long it's taken for Jongup to return to the couch and didn't even need to look for the couple to know what that meant. He passed by the pair saying, "I'll be back home later," and left with frustration. Jongup doesn't even like her that much, he remembers. The other boy only started dating her because he wanted to give her a chance. Junhong is jealous, but he doesn't like Jongup that way. It's because that's his best friend and while Junhong is a demon who in fact did not need friends, it was pleasant to have Jongup around. He couldn't have that if Jieun was constantly faces with him.

As if an anger management session, Junhong's immediate stress reliever came into view. He was at the school's garden reading a book on the bench. Ew, didn't he have anything better to do? Junhong attempted to be discreet as possible and stood behind the bench, watching as the other read peacefully. The demon grinned, his aura still hidden and undetected. Leaning down to Youngjae's ear, he finally spoke.

"What'cha reading?"

"Oh my !" Youvgjae yelled, startled. THe book fell out of his hands as he jumped and fell on his . Luckily, the grass and dirt was soft. "You ing !"

"Wow, what a potty mouth." Junhong laughed, noting that even the holiest of beings could curse and sin. "That wasn't nice either, you owe me a compliment." He pouted.

"What, is this first grade? Nobody does the compliment thing anymore."

"Compliment me."

"No."

Junhong glared. He wanted a compliment. Youngjae looked at the fomer with critical eyes, and realized he was serious. He sighed. Maybe it was better to just comply.

"Fine. You have pretty... hair." 

"Thank you." Junhong smiled brightly, and Youngjae almost thought it to be angelic. 

"Don't act adorable around me you prick. I know what you did."

"Hmn?" The Second in Command raised an eyebrow. "What did I do this time?"

This time. Youngjae's expression hardened. "That girl... Why would you do such a thing? You're a ing monster."

"Are we talking here or murder, because if it's I don't know which one you're talking about." The demon smirked but Youngjae was disgusted. Despite his fear, the calmness and unwavering tone of the other pissed him off. He stood up and walked around the bench if only to grab onto Junhong's shirt roughly. It only semi-worked since the other was so tall.

"Why would you kill her like that?! And then you don't even care! And ripping out her wings! That's humiliating to angels! You're ing horrible!" The insults and examples kept flowing out like a stream a water from a crack in the rocks. Youngjae was visibly angry.

Junhong grabbed the other's wrists with his own hands. The warm tingling sensation of skin on skin contact coursing through his veins. His own expression was serious.

"I think you forget what I am, Yoo Youngjae. I am a demon, not a little baby saint, or a human with morals. My entire existence revolves around doing the wrong thing, I'm just fitting in."

Youngjae's head hung lower than the moment prior, and his grip on Junhong's collar loosened. "You don't have to fit in. Why do you have to murder? Why were we placed on Earth to do things like this if we're told to live a normal life? Shouldn't we be more focused on fitting with the humans rather than fitting in with our kind?" 

"Are you... " The demon started. "Suggesting we should end the battle between our races...? Are you ing crazy?"

"My first fight with a demon I was incapable of doing . I'm inferior and useless to the war if I can't aid in defeating someone high up. What's worse, I think back at the hypocritical rules for an angel. Thou shall not kill, right? But why are we killing you guys?"

"Everyone has a role and everyone should follow it, that's that. I'm a demon, manipulative, murdering, evil. I fight angels. I use angels, just as I'm planning on using you. You're an angel, you try your best to defeat me, even though you may lose.  That's just how it is."

"And what if I don't like how it is?"

"Why are you being so open with me?" Junhong was getting frustrated and confused. Angels were supposed to hate demons and vice versa. They were against each other in every single way and yet here he was, holding the wrists of an angel about 3 inches away from him and looking as if they're about to kiss. Along with that, he was having a heart to heart with him. It was weird and unusual. He wanted to harbor anger or hatred, but it was becoming increasingly difficult.

"What?" Youngjae was confused with himself as well. Why was he stating his everyday thoughts and feelings with the very person he was afraid of? He should be finding out how to avoid meeting with him, not sharing his inner thoughts. 

"Stop it." The demon let go of Youngjae's wrists and walked away, a hand passing through his hair in frustration. Youngjae picked up his book and walked in the other direction, bewilderment flooding his feelings.

♥️

A/N; Daeup is introduced! Yay~~ 🎉🎉🎉 !!! Younglo had a cute moment but Zelo was not for it at all, nor Youngjae. Last is gonna be Banghim and then the story line continues~ Please upvote if you like ⬆️

Adieu~ ^u^