First Encounter

A Romance Unholy

Youngjae was stuck in the library for the third time this week after class. He could say it was because finals were right around the corner, but he couldn't lie to himself. He was a workaholic with no friends who had anything fun to waste the spare time with. So he uses the time to study. 

And studying he was. The book for one of his mathematic classes was open to page 357, two chapters ahead of the teacher's lessons. He proved himself to be quite the star student in the University he was currently attending. Unfortunately, being intelligent and wearing glasses didn't really get you invited to parties. Or a girlfriend.

He sighed at his depressing state in life, but decided he wasn't going to care much. After this Spring semester, he only had two more before graduation. Easy peasy. He'd graduate with a high GPA and work on becoming a businessman of some sorts.

"Aish! I should be destroying evil spirits," in other words, demons, "not studying my too long a life away!" He kicked the chair across from him from under the table with frustration painted on his features. Some people faintly heard his whisper-shouting, but only gave curious stares and continued about their business. This wasn't the first time he had an outburst, but no matter how much he despised how boring his life was without the presence of demons, he never tried to change it.

Youngjae had never encountered a demon in his life, though the Order of Angels taught him how to fight and detect one. Angels were forced to live on Earth with a normal life, and destroy any demons they met who dared interfere horribly into human life. Youngjae never had the chance to fight one.

A chill ran down his spine. Everything around him was cold and silent. There was no sound of students typing away at their laptop, the buzz of the boiler pipes in walls, or the occasional shuffling of someone retrieving something from their bag. It was as if Youngjae had gone deaf. He got up a little too quickly, the sound of his chair screeching against the wood and falling on the ground was loud and resonating. His ears nearly bled. The angel's eyes narrowed as he spotted the source of the eery presence.

He walked with a friend next to him. He had flamboyant pink and unnatural hair. It was slightly styled upwards. He wore casual clothing and looked normal, but the angel could see the evil tint in his eyes. The eyes Youngjae followed with his own as the taller and his human friend passed by. The demon smirked with a quirk brow.

"Someone you know?" The significantly shorter friend stated innocently.

"No, but might get to know soon enough." With a confusing statement the pair left. 

Youngjae wasted no time to close his books and pack all of his study materials into his bag. Swinging it around his shoulder, he walked in the direction of the two who'd just exited the school library they most likely used as a shortcut to the Quad. 


Junghong could almost laugh at the angel's attempt of being sneaky. He could feel the mediocre power radiating off of them. Strong enough to make a statement but weak enough to be nothing short of a puppy's strength compared to Junghong. Being the Second in Command in the Order of Demons wasn't just a title after all. The poor angel, probably trying to hunt Junghong as prey. 

"Hmn, Jongup. I just remembered I have something to do. Go on ahead without me."

"Something to do my , you don't do anything in your life. But okay, see you later?"

"Halo."

"Got it."

Junghong gave the other a quick fist bump before turning left, where more dorms were built for the comfort of students. The lights were off, as it was nearly 12:00. Everyone had to pretend to be asleep or else they'd get in trouble.

Junghong snorted. The students were all legally adults, since when were they treated like babies?

After walking for quite awhile and making sure the angel's presence still lingered, Junghong pivoted on his heel with a smirk.

"For a supposed braniac, you're pretty stupid for thinking you could sneak up on a demon."

"For a supposed demon, I was correct in thinking you guys were complete and utter s."

"Nice one. I could totally feel the diss clogging up my throat and making me unable to come up with another comeback." Junghong replied sarcastically, adding an eye roll for effect. "So are you going to try to destroy me and lose yet, or what?"

"Don't tempt me." Youngjae deepened his voice, but it always had a slight squeaky twinge to it, no matter how hard he tried.

"Totally being scared out of my wits." Junghong adds another comment. He's amused.

Wings spread from Youngjae's back as golden particles came together to form each and every feather. The wings were unnecessarily huge, as if he was a bird with giant wings to intimidate the predator. He then forms a bow and arrow with the remaining particles.

"Oh~ So your arma is a bow and arrow? Nice." Junghong leaned on one of the street lamps that dotted the surface of the campus. 

Arma is the weapon that a angel's soul connects to the most. Angels may have similar arma, but it is unlikely to meet two angels with the same exact arma. There's always a difference. Demons don't have such a thing as arma, it was supposedly a 'gift of God'.

"Bind." Youngjae called out, and a series of vines popped out from the ground under Junghong. They wrapped around him tightly, keeping him in his location. "Perish, demon." The angel pulled a holy arrow back and then shot. The precision was perfect and the bind spell didn't allow Junghong to move. Youngjae was going to kill his first demon. Or so he thought.

Right when the arrow was but a centimeter away from the tip of the demon's nose, it stopped moving. The arrow darkened and had a black-purple tinge to it. A bored expression found it's way onto Junghong's face.

"Tacky." Was the only word he muttered before the arrow turned around and shot back at Youngjae with ten times the speed. It grazed Youngjae's cheek and left a cut, but otherwise landed in the ground behind him with an explosion. It was tiny compared to Junghong's full power, yet still loud.

Fear crept into Youngjae's holy veins and being. He tried to hide it, but he was actually surprised. Bind was a spell of God himself. It kept the demon in place and didn't allow them to use their power. There was a slight problem though. Its power and effect depended on the user's own. Youngjae was a higher level of mediocre in the scale of strength. What level of strength was the demon?

"Oops, time's up." The demon referred to the vines removing themselves from his body. "Also," the lights of the dorms begin to turn on, "might want to get out of here before people suspect you of something, Youngjae~"

"H-How in the did you know my name?" Youngjae responded with an attempted attitude.

"I've passed you many times before, just chose to reveal myself to you now. I do my research. You may be of use, though you belong to the other side. Name's Choi Junhong by the way, or Second in Command Zelo, if that rings a bell. Ciao, sweetie." With that the demon disappeared into thin air, and the voices of approaching security guards with flashlights in their hands filled the air.

Youngjae hightailed it back to his dorm and hid his wings before anyone could notice.


There was no way. No way he could have missed such a bright pink head of hair passing by him countless times. No way that the presence of such a strong aura could have gone undetected by Youngjae's radar. 

But there was a way. Youngjae recalled the information he was taught as a new angel in the Order. An angel or demon could conceal their aura if they are able to control a large amount of 'magic', as the humans call it. In simpler words, if an angel or demon was high in power level, then they were able to camouflage their aura to seem normal like the rest of the humans.

The demon said he was Second in Command, right? Then it wasn't just a fluke. Youngjae was dealing with quite the monster here. He heard the door of his dorm slam and nearly hid in fear before he noticed who it was. A hand reached up and continued to wipe the alcohol pad on his cut skin. 

"Youngjae, care to explain?"

Youngjae looked back to question his dorm-mate, but realized what it was Daehyun was referring to as soon as he noted the dark arrow in the other's hand. Youngjae scowled as the fresh evidence of his one sided battle stung in his cheek. "There's nothing to explain." He mumbled angrily.

"Your cheek begs to differ." Daehyun pokes at the minor wound and Youngjae slaps his hand away. 

"I fought my first demon."

"Demons don't have arma and don't just use weapons. So what happened?" He sat on the couch.

"I know they don't, . He was the Second in Command of the demons."

Daehyun sprung up from the couch with with wide eyes. "Second in Command?! And you were left with just a graze on the cheek! I don't belive you." He crossed his arms with a pout, brows furrowed.

"You better ing believe me. He said some about how I'd be useful to him. That concerns me though. I used bind and shot at him but he could still use his power and shot the arrow back without so much as a blink. It exploded."

"No, it caused an explosion. I saw the arrow still stuck in the crater. The security guards told me not to touch it, but I took it with me anyways."

"Oh so you're putting me at risk by association? Thanks. Appreciate it, ."

"For an angel, you're not very nice are you? What happened to being kind because of God or whatever?"

"You're an angel too, so don't start that ."

"Language."

Youngjae just glared.  


He saw him more often. Now that the demon interfered in his daily life once, Youngjae could spot the other everywhere. He spent the whole day trying to reach his classes without another encounter with the demon. Of course, his bad karma got to him and Youngjae's attempts were proved to be up to no avail. Still, when he bumped into a strong chest as he looked down at his books, he didn't fail to shoot daggers at the person. The glare only faltered slightly when he noticed who it was.

"Aw, cute, you're trying to intimidate me. Short people don't have that privilege though."

"Don't talk to me, scum."

"Man, are you a sore loser or what? You should be grateful that I only left this," Junhong traced the bandaid on Youngjae's cheek with his right hand's index finger until the angel before him slapped his hand away, "instead of leaving you for dead."

"I wouldn't let myself get killed by the likes of you anyways. I have high standards you know, I don't let myself be killed by just anyone." Youngjae tried to maneuver his way around the taller in a hurry, both due to being pretty ing scared and because he didn't want anything to do with a demon. He was stopped by a long arm that pressed its adjacent hand against the wall. 

"Is that so?" The other whispered darkly, his breath tickling Youngjae's neck and making his hairs stand on end. Youngjae's heart began to beat faster: having a six foot tall person whisper menacingly into his ear did not calm his nerves after all. 

"Leave me alone." He let out with a shaky breath. The angel knew he didn't stand a chance against Junhong, or Zelo, and he didn't want to test his limits. He closed his eyes as to avoid the presence of an evil pink-haired bastard and immediately cursed at himself for showing signs of weakness. Youngjae wanted to get out of there and fast. Sadly, he might as well have had the Wall of China blocking his path at the moment.

"I don't know, I'm having fun right now. Plus, I said you could be of use, so I don't want to lose my chance. Though... you could be useful in more ways than one." The demons eyes lingered on the other's body, taking in every portion of it with a lustful look in his eye.

"7 Deadly Sins. Lust. Watch yourself, they're not called deadly for no reason." Youngjae finally found the strength in himself to move, and pushed the other's arm harshly. It was just enough to make his escape and speedwalk away. Junhong let him be.

 ♥

A/N; 

First chapter~ First story. What do you think? I wanted to combine two of my favorite aus together. School and Angels/Demons. Plus an addition of my favorite ships. 

Also, yes I totally have to use the colors of the Power era hair because that is my favorite era and song tbh.

Adieu ^u^