Fallen

A Romance Unholy

Daehyun searched through every level of every library on campus. Every store Youngjae was a regular at, every place Youngjae liked to sit and relax, everywhere. Even uncommon places, like the bar, were searched by frantic eyes and trembling fingers. Every time the angel came up empty, his heart beated two beats per second faster. He'd die of a natural human heart attack at the rate he was going.

Slowly, he began to give up. His legs were heavier and he dragged his feet against concrete and pavement. Tears sat at the corners of his red and bloodshot eyes as exhaustion filled his every sense. But he wouldn't give up completely. He had to find his best friend, whether it caused him sleep deprivation or not, he had to find the angel that made him think twice on if angels were really the holiest beings alive. It was the only shoulder he could cry on, and the only one he would allow himself to lean on when he found the other and threatened to killed him if he'd ever disappear again.

If he found the other.


 

Junhong hummed as Youngjae attempted to escape the demon's own twisted version of the 'Bind' move. This was the opposite one, which had a much more wicked and menacing name: Suffocate. Of course, unlike a lot of demons, Junhong had control over his Suffocate move and could manage the strength and tightness of the vines' hold. The vines had their own twinge of evil infested inside of them as well. With their red-brown color that signified they were better off considered dead and the lengthy thorns that stuck out like multiple sore thumbs. 

The angel only caused himself more pain as he moved. The vines were like quicksand: the more one struggled, the more it swallowed them, or in this case, tightened around them. His shirt was ripped in various places. Along with the holes came thick, red, and dripping blood. Junhong his lips at the sight.

"Are you ready to listen yet?" He mused, an eyebrow raised at the stubborn and strong-hearted angel before him.

Youngjae's eyes narrowed in anger, despite the fear of his incoming fate. His scowl turned into that of a rabid dog's and a dark shadow was cast across his face. With Junhong's fake yet innocent smile and Youngjae's far from comforting expression, it was hard to tell who was the demon and who was the angel in this predicament. "I'll never be useful to you. I never want to wear the guilt of aiding a demon."

"Mm... " Junhong looked pensive for a moment. "You don't have to, you'd die in the end anyways. This is more of me forcing you rather than asking. But if you turn out to be too difficult to handle... " A smirk lit up his features as he dragged a thumb over his throat. "I'd kill you and find a replacement."

Youngjae frowned, his lips pursed as his brows furrowed. "And you really thnink I wouldn't choose death over helping you? Pathetic, you demons seem to think we'd do anything if it meant staying alive. How simple-minded." He insulted.

A sigh was released from the taller boy's lips. "You don't understand, it isn't you that you should be worried about. How would Daehyun feel knowing he looked for you everywhere, only to know that you threw your life away? Instead of agreeing with whatever I order you to do for me and secretly plotting against me?"

"I... " Youngjae looked to the ground and hissed slightly when he accidently twisted again, making way for new cuts and more blood. When his heart rate decelerated from the high of the pain, he thought about the demon's words. He dismissed the thought of Daehyun, howver cruel that was, and paid attention to the end of Junhong's little lecture. "Why are you giving me ideas that could lead to your demise?"

"Because I know you can't defeat me, especially not with your mediocre amount of strength and your best friend's lack of aura."

"Lack of aura?" Junhong didn't respond.


 

Yongguk continued to pack up as Hyoseong stopped at the doorway of the studio and looked back when she was about to leave. She lifted a hand to readjust her snapback that stated DOPE with bold, white letters against a contrasting black background. Her silver hair cascaded down her back and she looked at the other through long eyelashes.

"Remember what I told you, Bang."

--

Halfway into their 'collaboration', the oh-so powerful Head of the Order Hyoseong and First in Command Archangel Yongguk sat in a serious aura.

"Bang, I can't relax or think straight. There's too much on my mind. The Order has a message for you. But this isn't a message to be relayed to others. Keep it to yourself. We don't want to instill fear into the other angels, especially the lower class ones." She states while criss-cross applesaucing her legs in the sleak, black, leather rolling chair she had made herself comfortable in.

He didn't look up from the ground as he glared a hole into it. "I've heard rumors. Care to explain in full detail, then?"

She breathed in and out before starting out with a blunt statement. "Satan's aura lingers on you." A pause to decipher Yongguk's reaction. He hadn't expressed any. "We have a few suspects on who the person is, but I'm able to detect Satan's aura whenever you're around. I don't know if you don't sense it because he or she hides it, but they seem to have taken an interest in you. The aura is strong."

"Is that so?"

"Listen, Bang. You're strong-"

"Very."

"Shut up." She ordered. There was no time to play around. "You're strong. I could call you my rival, though I'm many ranks higher. The sad truth is, Satan is even stronger. Than both of us. I have a slim chance of being able to defeat him with a well thought out strategy, but the only chance against him is if we team up. The only reason this war wasn't concluded yet, is because Satan never stepped in. Only I've ever detected his aura before, making me able to find it on you, but I couldn't pinpoint him because I was in a crowded area. It's strong, he's strong, and I want you to be careful."

"I'm not stupid. I know how to take care of myself."

"Bang."

"Hyoseong."

"Bang." The Head growled. There was no time for games. Did he not understand?

"Fine, fine. I get it." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I'll be careful. I always am, aren't I?"

--

He nodded without looking up. Yongguk would be careful, he had an army to lead and that couldn't happen if he was dead.


 

Jongup himself searched for the older brunette as Daehyun searched for Youngjae. Somehing didn't sit well with him. Despite the rudeness and disrespect he'd received earlier, Jongup was far from keen on letting someone go under those terms. 

The older brunette that had ditched was far from his dorm, that much the dance major knew. He'd been too troubled to be able to sit on his bed or go to sleep. No. He was jumpy and anxious, he was semi-fearful. Jongup grew quite skilled in reading the body and it's language from being the observant boy he'd been all his life. Daehyun showed all signs of red flags and unsettlement. Unfortunately, the feeling was contagious and Jongip had an unsettled pit of butterflies in his stomach.

He was worried for the other. They could be considered friends now, right? Friends worried for each other. Jongup groaned as he couldn't find the person he'd been looking for. 

At that same exact moment, his eyes locked on to a hunched over, defeated-looking figure. Multi-shaded brown locks gave away the person's identity, he was unique. The shorter boy would have, should have, called out to Daehyun. He should have asked him whether or not it was an okay time to interrupt his despair and crumbling moments. Should have gone up to him and helped him up, back to his dorm to get his well-needed rest. It was past 3AM. 

He would've done eveything that came to his mind, but his mind went blank as he heard the other mumble some hopeless words.

"Because I'm... " Jongup didn't catch the rest.


 

There was zero sign of his best friend, Daehyun realized. Not in the dorm, not in the library, and not in any nook and cranny type alleyway tha Youngjae may have gotten himself dragged into. He sat against the wall of a convenience store, contemplating the places he hadn't checked. It didn't do him any good, he knew something was wrong and he knew he was of no use.

"God I'm so ing stupid!" Daehyun yelled to no one. His hands gripped his brown locks tightly as he let out a frustrated yell. Face turned red, eyes scrunched up and closed tightly as anger and regret flooded his every emotion. He had taken the situation too lightly. He shouldn't have left his best friend alone in his time of fear and anxiousness. He should have been there to support him.

What if he realized this a bit earlier? What if he'd helped Youngjae destroy the almighty Choi Junhong rather than take his time to flirt with a stranger that had no motive other than to help him up like a normal citizen and human being? All of the what ifs ran through his mind like it was the Boston Marathon, and just like the event, something exploded. His floodgates were no longer in tact and he couldn't help but believe his best friend was not to be seen ever again. Dead? Kidnapped?

"If I could... " If only he could. "If I was... " If only he was. "If I didn't... " If only he didn't he would have been able to trace the lingering power of Youngjae's aura, maybe. But he wouldn't be able to find out whether or not the other angel's aura would still have a lasting effect on the area he'd been prior to his disappearance, wherever that was. He wouldn't be able to find out.

"Because I'm a fallen."

♥️

A/N; Hey, hey hey! Sorry for a shorter chapter, but if I wrote anymore I would remove the suspense, don't ya think? Kind of? Maybe? Hehehe~ Anyways, here's to a new chapter!! 🤘🏼 

By the way! Thanks so much for the 12 subscribers and the comments! I highly appreciate it! Thanks for reading and thanks for taking the time to leave such wonderul comments!

Adieu~ ^u^