I'm Blue

A Romance Unholy

The evening air was welcoming. It enveloped the tall male as he walked down the sidewalk of the city. He accepted the goosebumps that began to form slowly on the thin top layer of his skin. Junhong shoved his hands further down his pockets. His eyes remained concentrated on the ground as he walked, as if he set out on a mission to examine every crack, the moss growing in them, and the footprints others left in the cement before it had dried. But that wasn't what Junhong was doing. In fact, his mind was on a much more complicated topic than something as simple as the sidewalk.

The garden scene with Youngjae occupied his thoughts and he had no idea why. Youngjae's lines kept repeating in his head.

"Why would you kill her like that?! And then you don't even care! And ripping out her wings! That's humiliating to angels! You're ing horrible!" The insults and examples kept flowing out like a stream a water from a crack in the rocks. Youngjae was visibly angry.

Junhong grabbed the other's wrists with his own hands. The warm tingling sensation of skin on skin contact coursing through his veins. His own expression was serious.

"I think you forget what I am, Yoo Youngjae. I am a demon, not a little baby saint, or a human with morals. My entire existence revolves around doing the wrong thing, I'm just fitting in."

Youngjae's head hung lower than the moment prior, and his grip on Junhong's collar loosened. "You don't have to fit in. Why do you have to murder? Why were we placed on Earth to do things like this if we're told to live a normal life? Shouldn't we be more focused on fitting with the humans rather than fitting in with our kind?" 

"Are you... " The demon started. "Suggesting we should end the battle between our races...? Are you ing crazy?"

"My first fight with a demon I was incapable of doing . I'm inferior and useless to the war if I can't aid in defeating someone high up. What's worse, I think back at the hypocritical rules for an angel. Thou shall not kill, right? But why are we killing you guys?"

"Everyone has a role and everyone should follow it, that's that. I'm a demon, manipulative, murdering, evil. I fight angels. I use angels, just as I'm planning on using you. You're an angel, you try your best to defeat me, even though you may lose.  That's just how it is."

"And what if I don't like how it is?"

A sigh left Junhong's unconsciously parted lips. Never had he felt so conflicted on a topic, but somehow Youngjae's defeated words and the fire in his eyes as he spoke adamantly about his opinion had an affect on Junhong that even he didn't understand.  His brows were furrowed and his face held a concentrated expression. If any of his 'friends' could see him now, they'd know something was completely and utterly wrong - Junhong was never like this. He never allowed himself to feel anything more than amused and cocky. Anything such as sadness or confusion was thrown away, there was no time for such trivial matters. He played with a strand of his pink hair as he thought. The demon had dyed it pink for the sake of pissing one of his targets off; they hated the color pink. It was wonderful to be the object of their annoyance at every waking moment and Junhong couldn't feel better. But right now he despised the color of his hair for being so bright and colorful while he felt a darkness surround him everywhere. Even his seemingly nonexistant heart. It mocked him.

The demon walked into a salon and gave himself a task to distract him.

 


Youngjae watched Daehyun eat without touching his own plate of food. The small diner was full, and they could barely squeeze themselves into a table for two people. Unfortunately, contrast to Daehyun's belief, Youngjae never had an appetite since the older came home and the angel asked him if he'd like to go somewhere for lunch. It was a no brainer that Daehyun would agree, he couldn't deny a free meal - Youngjae offered to pay for it. Said person was busying his thoughts. His mind was analyzing what Junhong said. It was true, Daehyun lacked an aura but Youngjae never asked him what level angel he was. It could be Daehyun was high in power and was able to mask his aura, like Yongguk. Or he could be an unsolved mystery that Youngjae never bothered to pay attention to. Either way, Youngjae knew exactly what he was going to ask when Daehyun asked,

"What's wrong? You haven't even lifted your chopsticks."

"What level in the angel hierarchy are you?"

Daehyun clearly didn't suspect a thing. He was shocked at the question that was asked so straightforwardly. His food was halfway on the path to his mouth but rather than reach its destination, it fell from his eating utensils and back onto the plate it was on prior. Daehyun placed his chopsticks down carefully and wiped his mouth with a napkin, all the while looking at Youngjae with narrowed eyes. If he wasn't suspicious before he definitely was now. He thought carefully about his answer. Unfortunately, Youngjae's motive was unclear; therefore, Daehyun didn't know which route would save him. He chose the answer that led to his revealing.

"Mediocre. Just like you. Why?" Short statements, a simple question. He didn't give away too much information. However, that was all the angel needed to grow curious. The blonde's head tilted to the left, his tongue clicking in his mouth as he gazed upon Daehyun's bewildered expression. It was clear he knew something now.

"Where's your aura?"

Daehyun nearly choked on air. He started coughing uncontrollably, but Youngjae didn't bother to help him. No, the angel sat there, arms crossing and eyes still locked onto the other. Daehyun found ahold of his drink and cleared his throat. The brunette ran a hand through his hair, trying to find something - anything. Any excuse that would allow him an escape from Youngjae's prying questions. The younger was intellegent, it was no doubt he would have found out at some point. But Daehyun only turned Fallen a few months ago, how could he have uncovered the reality so quickly? There had to be some aid.

"Before I tell you, who said it?"

Youngjae smiled. "Said what?"

The older sighed, looking off to his right. "Who gave you the hint? Who made you suspicious? I know you wouldn't ask unless someone else gave you a guide. You were never suspicious of me." Youngjae nearly scoffed at Daehyun's unwavering belief in the angel's loyalty and trust. But he couldn't deny that he never was suspicious of the Fallen. No, in fact the Fallen had been the only person Youngjae kept close. He confided in the other like nobody else.

"Tell me first and I'll tell you. It's only fair."

The brunette looked straight into Youngjae's eyes with a fire in his own. His voice was low, nearly a murmur; clearly meant for Youngjae's ears and Youngjae's ears alone. "I'm a fallen angel." Daehyun's dark expression proved his seriousness. It wasn't a joke nor a prank. The words were true. Youngjae's eyes went wide, there was only one way Daehyun could be fallen angel. God forgived most except...

"You murdered an angel!" Youngjae stood up abruptly, whisper-shouting his words but still alarming Daehyun to the point where the brunette was forced to clamp a hand over the blonde's mouth before he said anything more. He pulled out his wallet, despite how Youngjae had offered to pay, and placed money on the table. They couldn't talk in a place so crowded. It was dangerous, angels could be anywhere. Daehyun nodded his head towards the door and started walking in that direction, Youngjae close behind. 

Hyoseong smirked from the table behind theirs and pulled out her phone. Yongguk just had to know this one.

 


Said Yongguk was occupied at the moment. How Himchan could act so normal around him despite knowing he knew was beyond belief. Satan wrapped his arms around Yongguk's neck, instigating a push-his-arms-away reaction from Yongguk. The archangel looked at a notepad full of lyrics, scribbles, and notes, but he was far from focused at the task at hand. No, only the fact that Himchan was a malicious entity could grab the archangel's attention. When Himchan decided to reach out to Yongguk once more, said angel dropped his notepad, grabbed the other's wrists, and pinned him against the wall of the studio. A scowl played on his lips, he wanted to murder the demon before him.

"Oh, feisty now are we? If you like that sort of thing, I'm all down. Daddy or master? You pick." Yongguk's grip on the other's wrists tightened and said other pouted. "Ouch, hurts a little too much, Gukkie. That isn't what I consented. I could call this ual assault. Or something."

"Don't call me that and shut up, demon. Just who the are you?" Himchan smirked. He leaned closer to Yongguk, who'd already been way to close and instinctively leaned back, and whispered.

"Take a guess, sweetie." Satan knew. He knew that Yongguk felt his aura that day. His anger radiated off of him and it was uncontrollable. He knew his cover was blown but it didn't bother him in the slightest. No, Himchan didn't give two flying s about who knew. He knew he was the strongest being out there but chose not to join the war. He allowed Zelo to take command and lead the army, but he himself stood back in the shadows. Many called it cowardly, but only wise people - like Yongguk and Hyoseong - only they knew. If Himchan joined the war, it'd be over in two day's time. Two archangels, Hyoseong and Yongguk, would still only have less than half percentage of a chance to beat Himchan. He was overpowered, but only because he was evil.

"Satan." 

"Bingo." Swiftly the shorter released himself from Yongguk's grasp and smiled as he walked away. "Don't try me Yongguk, just act oblivious." There was something in his tone that would give Yongguk nightmares, and the archangel knew he didn't want to hear that again. His phone rang as he thought, breaking him from his analyzation of Kim Himchan. He pulled the device out from his back pocket, the oversized t-shirt he wore obstructing his path to reaching the cellphone. When it was finally in his grasp and next to his ear, Hyoseong took no time in catching his attention.

"You'll never guess what I found out."

"Same here."

"Meet me at my house in an hour."

 


The pair walked slowly. They walked in silence until Youngjae couldn't bear it anymore. "Can you explain already?!" He finally burst, paying no heed to Daehyun's wincing as his shriek pierced the other's eardrums. Daehyun sent a small glare to Youngjae in response, but then decided that elaborating on why he was a Fallen angel would be his best way out of bleeding ears.

"I murdered another angel, yes. But don't hate me just yet."

"Too late for that."

Daehyun ignored him. "I was possessed by a demon."

"Possession? There's no such thing as demon possession, that's a human theory that's clearly false."

"Can you shut up for two minutes Youngjae?" Youngjae didn't respond with a sarcastic comeback and resorted to scrunching up his face in disgust at Daehyun's short-lived rudeness. "There is demon possession. Angels can be possessed if they falter or stray from their path of light. That happened when I was in a dark place... when my father died." Daehyun was ultimately close with his father. His father was human, because angels are not born but instead chosen by God at a young age, however Daehyun trusted him enough to tell him of his secret. Not even his own mother or sister knew of Daehyun's extraordinary aura and 'magic'. Only his father.

When Daehyun's father passed, the Fallen broke down and was reduced to a sobbing heap of flesh. While he might have been able to get over it in two weeks or so, rather than the five months it took to relieve himself of sadness, the effect lasted longer because he knew it was a demon that killed his father. He swore to destroy all demons, to murder anyone and everyone associated to them.

But Daehyun was vulnerable at that point. His feelings were all over the place and at the time he didn't have anyone to protect him. Youngjae had stayed at the dorm when Daehyun was visiting home, he couldn't even go to his best friend for assistance. A demon used Daehyun's vulnerable state to its advantage. He was forced to murder another angel.

"When?" Youngjae closed his eyes and stopped walking, Daehyun quickly mimicking his friend but keeping his eyes open.

"Christmas break. Last year. He died... I couldn't control myself. I was weak. And I became a murderer. But I couldn't tell anyone. They wouldn't believe me. You barely believe me."

"I believe you." Youngjae said slowly, reluctant to admit the truth and prove every myth and theory about human possession wrong. "Is there away to revert back to an angel?" Fallen angels are basically humans with scars on their backs. They were useless and Youngjae needed someone with power if he was going to fight against Junhong.

"Yeah." The brunette nodded as he spoke. "Yeah, there's one way to come back. You'd have to become one of those pesky guardian angels for someone you care about. But I don't like the idea - having to stick to a human for the rest of their lives no matter where they go and what they do? It's tedious." He drew a long breath and exhaled. "I'd rather stay like this. You're an angel so I'm not allowed to be your guardian angel and I don't love anybody enough to protect them for the rest of their life." 

His best friend frowned.


"A fallen? He never gave me that feel before."

"He didn't give you any feel, because he had no aura. He's a fallen because he murdered an angel - but I don't know who." Hyoseong leaned back into the couch, a triumphant smirk playing on her lips when she thought of her new discovery. Yongguk wasn't so clear on the subject, however. 

"How is this surprising news for you? Aren't you the head of the Order? Didn't you strip him of his title and make him a fallen angel?"

Hyoseong shook her head. "No, only God can forgive or hold a grudge. We only find out from the Fallen themselves." She played with a strand of her dyed silver hair as Yongguk digested the information. "So what did you want to tell me?" Yongguk's thoughts were a distant memory as he was brought back to his reality. He looked towards Hyoseong and folded his hands. His index fingers tapped against each other as he placed his hands in front of his mouth in seriousness. Hyoseong shifted uncomfortably.

"I know who Satan is."


The next day, Youngjae nearly didn't recognize the demon in front of him. He was too focused on the change rather than the fact that the same dreaded he dealt with nearly every day now was in his personal space. No - something else caught his attention to the point where he could no longer remember his hatred for the other. Junhong passed a hand through his hair and smirked cockily. "Do you like it?" 

The angel stood with his mouth slightly agape. He wanted to nod, say yes, and admit the other looked less playful and more handsome. But that'd ruin his dignity and sense of pride. He had a reputation to hold up, his 'hate everything Junhong' reputation. That wasn't going to end anytime soon. 

"It looks weird. Fix that." Youngjae pulled a face as he spoke in order to convey his false disgust. 

Junhong pouted. "Really, I thought blue fit me?"

"Yeah, no. Just like how trying to act cute doesn't either." Junhong grinned at that as he played with his soft blue hair. After a few seconds he leaned closer to Youngjae and ran a hand through the shorter's blonde locks. Youngjae instinctively froze, not bothering to pull away despite the looks they received from passerbys who had the wrong idea about their close proximity. "Stop touching me." He commanded when he regained his senses and released himself from the demon's touch.

"Admit I'm y and I will." Junhong stepped closer. Youngjae stepped back.

"You're not y." Another step forward. Another step back.

"Liar." One forward. One back.

"Not lying, you're ugly as ." Youngjae hits a locker with his back, and Junhong steps closer as a way to silently tell the other he had no escape.

"Just say it and I'll leave you alone."

Youngjae sighed, not believing the next words that would leave his mouth as he averted his gaze. "You're y as ."

Junhong whistled and stepped away from Youngjae. "Wow, I only asked for a 'you're y', but now I know how you really feel." Youngjae turned crimson.

♥️

A/N; For some reason my chapters keep ending in Younglo! But I'm not complaining, are you? :P Sorry for a much longer wait for the next chapter, I was going to finish it over the weekend but I admit I got lazy. 

Wooh! Time to go cry over the lack of fics and the abundance of homework I must do.

Adieu~ ^u^