Chapter 2

Boy In My Dreams

“I’m going to let you off easily this time, but don’t do that again, ok?”

Tiffany nods solemnly, “I won’t.”

“But as a small punishment, will you bring this to the student council room? They need this for their meeting.” Her teacher hands her a stack of printed pages.

“Yes, Ma’am, I’ll bring it right now.”        

The teacher nods, dismissing her.

Tiffany walks down the stairs towards the third year building; the student council room is between the second year and third year building. Tiffany hurries down the empty hallways eager to join the other two. She pauses in front of the door, listening to the chatter inside; she frowns, this is going to be awkward she thinks to herself as she knocks in the door. There is brief pause of silence before a loud; “come in” is heard. Tiffany carefully opens the door, her face flushed when she see’s all the people inside staring straight at the intruder.

“Miss Kim asked me to bring this…” She says holding up the stack.

“You can put it there.” The president says pointing to a table at the back.

Tiffany hurries towards the table, but in her heist, her foot gets caught in someone bag, propelling her towards the floor. Tiffany squeezes her eyes shut, preparing for the imminent pain, but instead a pair of strong arms steadies her. She opens her eyes and sees a chair leaning backwards dangerously as the owner of the arms steadies her. 
“Thank you.” Tiffany says looking up to see who it is, she gasps slightly when she actually recognizes that face. “You are…” The boy looking down at her looks equally as shocked to see her; His hands still lingering at a loss for words.

Tiffany blinks a couple of times again. “Thank you.” She says again before hurrying to the back and disappearing out the door again, her brain on auto pilot.

“Is that her?” a deep voice asks.

“Yeah.” A shaky voice answers.

“Let’s get back to the meeting.”

 

Tiffany sees her friends waiting for her at the front gate, just like they said they would.

“You took so long…” Sally complains.

“Are you ok? You look kind of pale?” Blake asks as he hands her bag to her.

“I… I think… I just saw the boy in my dreams.”

There is long pause.

“That boy?” Sally asks “Who is he?”

“A senior, a third year…”

“Oh come on just say!” Sally yells impatiently.

“He’s a member of the student council.”

“Who?”

“I don’t know, I didn’t see him in school before... but if his name is the same… it should be Sehun, Oh Sehun.”

 

Somehow the three of them ended up in Tiffany’s room with her laptop in the middle with the three of them sitting in front of it as Sally type in the name into the school website. Blake looks away, the twisting feeling in his stomach becoming stronger.

“I found it!” Sally yells as she clicks into the page. “Oh Sehun… birthday, 12 April 1994… is this him?” She asks moving to side so that Tiffany can have a clear view of the screen.

There is a few moment of silence. “Is it him?” Blake is the one to ask this time, but the silence was the only answer they needed.

“Earth to Tiffany, Earth to Tiffany…’ Sally says dramatically when Tiffany hasn’t blinked, just staring at the screen on the laptop.

Blake gets up suddenly, “I’m going to the bathroom.” He announces to no one in particular, he accidently knocks into Tiffany, which snaps her out of her trance.

“It’s him…” She says softly, a loud slam can be heard reverberating through the house.

Sally smiles gleefully, “Let’s stalk him on Facebook!”

Tiffany gets up abruptly, “I’ll go check on Blake.” She says heading in the direction of the bathroom.

“I really don’t understand my friends sometimes…” Sally says under her breath as she goes to check out some music videos.

 

Tiffany was about to knock on the door when the door abruptly opened.

“Oh, sorry…” Blake says while wiping his slightly damp hands on him pants nervously.

“Are you ok? You’re looking a little flushed again…” Tiffany says as she reaches for his forehead onto her tip toes, which Blake not so subtly avoid. Tiffany pauses slightly, Blake looks away awkwardly, shoving his hands into his pocket, Tiffany seems to recover as she hits his arm lightly, “Gosh! You’ve been acting weird and now you won’t even let me check your temperature.” Tiffany complains as she turns sharply on her heels and heads back to her room where music can be heard.

A few weeks have passed since that incident, nothing much has changed except that Sally had somehow gained a new minion of some sort, the first year, Sam, the one who picked up Sally’s notebook at the opening ceremony had become attached to Sally. Sally seems to enjoy the attention as she teaches Sam about the beauty of Kpop, explaining the complex brain routing of Sasaeng, the whole shebang. Tiffany and Blake trail behind, having heard the story before, the two walk side by side, in a comfortable silence. “He’s looking at you again.” Blake says, breaking the silence.

Oh yeah, that’s another thing that had changed, Blake makes eye contact with the tall male from across the hallway. It has been happening more and more, ever since the incident at the student council meeting.

“I’m sure that’s not it.” Tiffany says brushing it off, slight goose bumps appearing on her skin as she thought of her dream. She tries resisting the urge to look over her shoulder, but fails as she takes a quick peek over her shoulder, but to her disappointment the tall boy was nowhere to be seen.

They soon arrive at their classroom. Sam waves excitedly as she heads to her own classroom, and the trio settles into their seats. They busy themselves with different things; Sally takes out her earphones and starts bobbing her head softly to the music, while Blake stares blankly at his classmates. Tiffany takes out her phone swiping down the latest gossip.

”He’s looking at you again.”

“Blake.” Tiffany sighs tiredly, “It’s not possible, he’s supposed to be on the other side of the school.”

“Well, he’s walking over.” Blake says a tinge of hurt can be heard. But Tiffany doesn’t notice when she sees the boy, Sehun, walk into her classroom as is it was the most normal thing to do. The classroom, which was previously filled with laughter and the typical teenage noise, is now silent as the boy makes his way towards the girl seated by the window. He stops right in front of her and pauses for a few seconds.

“Let’s be friends.”

His voice is soft but deep, it almost sounds like smooth pebbles in a stream bumping against each other.

All eyes were on the girl, no one breathed. Tiffany felt a shiver go down her spine, she gulps.

“Ok.” she says slowly, not knowing how to react.

“Ohorat!” The tall male says as his tongue darts out, making his lower lip glisten. A small smile appears on his lips and he then walks out just as suddenly as he came. Watching the receding silhouette; the classroom erupts into soft chatter and speculation.

“What just happened?” Sally says taking off her earphones, having missed the whole thing.

The two stare at the petite girl in disbelief, who in return stared back blankly.