Chapter 5

Boy In My Dreams

The two of them spent more and more time together. Sehun has almost become a permanent part of the group. The four of them walked home together, Blake always insisted on walking with Tiffany and Sehun even though Blake stayed in the opposite direction. He always found a reason to visit Tiffany; ‘accidently’ leaving things behind or wanting to show her something. Sally’s house was the closest to the school, often leaving Tiffany with the two guys, who were both passive aggressive when it came to interactions. Not letting the other take the lead, but not doing anything either.

“Tiffany! Lend me your dictionary.” Sehun says as he walks into her classroom. “I forgot mine at home.”
Tiffany hands her dictionary. “Thanks I’ll bring it back soon.” He says before he runs out of the classroom. Tiffany would have turned back to her work, but then she caught a snippet of some else’s conversation.

“I don’t think they’re dating.” The one girl says softly, looking at Sehun’s retreating figure.

“EH? They’re together so often!” The other girl screams as she glances at Tiffany, which caused the first girl to clamp onto the second girl’s mouth.

“Didn’t you hear? People say Sumi is going to confess to Sehun, and he likes her too.”

“What? Sumi? The pretty third year?”

“Yeah! Apparently they agreed to meet today!”

The two girls shut up when Blake gives them a look, and Tiffany pretend to be working. Is this true? Tiffany tries to imagine the two together, and as much as it pains her, she could imagine Sumi and Sehun together. Why didn’t Sehun say anything? She thought they were friends, or weren’t they close enough for him to tell her something like this. To her surprise tears began accumulating; she wanted to find out more but it hurt too much.

The rest of the day was filled with whispers of a new couple about to be formed, Blake and Sally acted normally, but they had all heard the rumors, and there was no information to the contrary. Blake gave Tiffany’s hand a tight squeeze, a silent apology, because he had to go to work, and Sally also had an appointment. Sehun sent a message saying he’d be a little late, but asked her to wait for him because he just had to meet someone quickly. Tiffany felt a little sick as she read the message, who was he meeting? She wanted to just go home, but before she could go, Sehun came running down the stairs, he stopped in front of her slightly breathless but a smile pasted on his face. They walk silently at first, and then Sehun starts talking about the work they had to do in the student council and the mishaps that happened during the day. Sehun pauses in front of Tiffany’s house. She smiles weakly, guessing the ‘good news’ he’s going to tell her in a few minutes. Sehun looked nervous, holding one hand behind his back, as the other hand hang limply by his side. He finally clears his throat.

“Um, so… There is this girl I met recently.” Sehun pauses, tugging at his tie as if it was suddenly too tight. “It’s almost like she stepped straight out my dream-“

It was suddenly too much Tiffany didn’t want to hear this yet, she wasn’t ready. Her hand blindly grasps for the door handle, “I don’t want to hear it.” She whispers before she stumbled into her house, shutting the door behind her leaving Sehun who gripped the dictionary behind his back.

It was clear to both Blake and Sally that something had happened between Sehun and Tiffany. Blake could almost see the black could that followed Tiffany around. Sehun just looked positively lost and in deep thought. They avoided each other, an invisible force keeping them apart. Sehun didn’t join them for lunch, and as Tiffany sighed for the umpteenth time, Blake slipped away and headed for the third year building. It was easy to find Sehun, his lost footprint almost visible, leading him straight to Sehun.

“What did you do to Tiffany?” Blake yells, ignoring the glares from the other third years.

Sehun chuckled humorlessly, “Who are you? Some overprotective boyfriend?” He asks sarcastically, staring into Blake’s eyes, causing Blake to flinch.

“It’s Sumi isn’t it?” Blake asks.

“Who?” Sehun asks, “what does she have to do with this anyway?’

Another tall male pops up out of nowhere, “Isn’t that the girl everyone says you’re dating?”

“What? I’m not dating anyone!”

The tall male cracks up, laughing loudly to the point he starts rolling on the floor. “You don’t even know?”

“Shut up Chanyeol. I haven’t even spoken to her before. Why would we be dating?”

Chanyeol gets up, “Dude, that’s what been going around recently.”

Blake clears his throat, annoyed, “Everyone believes it.”

The realization hit Sehun, “Does she think so too?” he doesn’t wait for a reply as he grabs something from his bag and runs off towards to second year building even though classes were going to start in ten minutes. He slows down as he gets to Tiffany’s classroom; most of the students were already in class. He walks up to her seat, he clears his throat but Tiffany doesn’t look up from her books.

“Here’s your dictionary.” He says putting down the dictionary on the table next to her table.

“Thanks.” Her reply is short, cold and emotionless.

Sehun takes a deep breath, this is his last try, “Tiffany, about-“

“Don’t Sehun.” Came her short reply.

Sehun sighs softly, hesitating a few second before ultimately walking away slowly, not caring that he will be late for class. As soon as Tiffany hears him leave, she grabs the dictionary and shoves it into her bag when she realizes the dictionary was lighter than usual. Upon closer inspection, she noticed that it wasn’t her dictionary. She opens the dictionary to find that there are no words inside, the text neatly cut out leaving a white frame of the thin paper which surrounded a simple white gardenia bloom. She looks at the sharp edges of the cut paper, each page carefully cut to preserve the white margin. She picks up the flower, smelling the floral scent. She notices that there is still writing on the inside of the back cover framed by the cut pages.

All the words in this stupid book can’t describe how much you mean to me.

Tiffany shut the book, feeling like she had just intruded into a very private and intimate moment, there must be a mistake. She opens the book again, at the bottom small words wrote.

-For the girl in my dream.

Tiffany bolts up and rushes out of the classroom, almost colliding with their teacher. Tiffany ignores the teacher’s calls that class is starting. She doesn’t see Sehun in the hallway so she runs toward the third year building, but he is nowhere in sight, but as she turns the corner, she spots him.

“Sehun.” She yells, Sehun turns around and walks quickly towards her. He then pulls her wordlessly towards the stairs and pushing open the door that lead to the rooftop just as the final bell rings.

“What is this?” She asks holding up dictionary.

A glint flashes across Sehun’s eye.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Tiffany says softly.

“I tried.”

That said enough, He did try; in front of her house, just now, but she…

As quickly the realization hit her, suspicion crept in.

“What about Sumi?

“There is nothing about Sumi; never was.”

Tiffany stays silent, thinking over the thing she heard.

“You don’t believe me.” Sehun says quietly, more to himself than anyone else.

Tiffany was deep in her thoughts she didn’t hear what Sehun disappear down the stairs.

“Sehun!” She yells when she realized she was alone, she needed to make sure of one last thing.

She stops one meter away from him; Sehun turns to face her, his eyes cold, hollow and tired.

“I met you before…” Tiffany says. Sehun stiffens, uncertainty hanging in the air. “Before all this.” She says waving to the school surrounding them. “In a-“

“Dream.” Sehun finishes; a smile slowly blooming across his face as Tiffany nods. The smile widens as Sehun slowly closed the distance between them.

 

Blake regrets chasing after Tiffany; he didn’t want to see that. He waits for Tiffany to head back to class before he grabs Sehun arm.

“Let’s go get something to drink.” Blake says.

Sehun nods, still trying to calm down. The two return to the rooftop after a quick trip to the vending machine. The two of them sit silently next to each other until Blake spoke.

“This may sound weird, but let me punch you just once.”

 

Sally was lazing around on her bed when the doorbell rang. She opened the door to find a crestfallen Blake.

“Gosh, you’re stupid.” She says as she gets something for his hand.

“I know.”

“What are you going to do now?”

“Nothing, until she needs me.” Blake replies.

Sally shakes her head.

Blake smiles sadly, “Her guardian angel.”

 

The next morning Sally, Blake and Tiffany walk up the path towards the school, arm in arm the way they uses to. Blake exchanges a warning look with Sehun who was waiting by the entrance, but smiles as Tiffany reaches out her hand and takes Sehun’s as they all made their way into the school.


END


Hello! It's the end! But there will be a oneshot following this story coming soon! Thank you for reading this short story:) And please go check out my other stories too!