Chapter 4

Boy In My Dreams

The hallways are pretty much empty; most of the students have headed for the cafeteria or other places they have chosen to hang out. Tiffany hurry towards her classroom, taking two stairs at a time so she could head back soon, but she pauses when she hears a familiar voice.

“I told you never to talk to me at school.” Kris says with a low growl.

“But you’re never home either.” Blake shot back.

Tiffany pauses to listen; it was rare to see the two brothers interacting, especially since Blake came to this high school against his brother’s wishes.

“I don’t need to explain to you.”Kris says his icy eyes narrows. “Little squirts like you should just leave me alone, its better that way, you should tell that newbie too.”

The two of them move out of Tiffany’s hearing range, so she decides to make her escape before they find her eavesdropping. Unfortunately, a stealthy getaway fails when Tiffany turns around and knocks straight into a recycle bin causing all the cans and other recyclables to tumble out, clanging loudly on the tiled floor. Tiffany holds her breathe, hoping no one would come, but is resigned to her fate when she senses some standing behind her. She turns around slowly, hoping to delay the immanent scolding that headed her way; but she is surprised to see an expressionless Blake who bends down and silently starts picking up the cans and putting it back in the bin.

“He isn’t listening?” Tiffany says softly, breaking the silence.

Blake sha1kes his head with a soft sigh, “anyways, tell your first year friend to stay away from my brother.”

“Who? Sam?”

Blake nods, “apparently, she has taken quite a liking to my brother.” Blake pauses as he puts another handful of cans into the bin. “It’s not good to hang around my brother.”

Tiffany nods, she too had heard the rumors, people who hang around Kris and the other two normally end up leaving school or transferring. Blake and Tiffany finish cleaning up and head back to the other two after they made a quick detour. They find Sally and Sehun talking in animatedly about the latest plot development in some manga. Tiffany and Blake barely had time to finish their lunch when the first warning bell went off, and they headed back to their respective classrooms.

“You two go home first ok?” Tiffany says as they are packing up their thing at the end of the day.

The other two nods, their teacher had asked her and some other student to stay behind. Blake wanted to wait for her, but he had his part time job at a restaurant near his house, and so he would walk back with Sally before heading to his job. Tiffany waves good bye as she head toward to other student who have to stay good bye. Their teacher asks them to help with some paperwork for an upcoming event for the first years. They get it done quickly; everyone was eager to get back home as soon as possible. Tiffany walks down the stairs when she sees a guy with large doe-like eyes walking up the stairs. She immediately recognizes the guy as one of the two people who have managed to stay with Kris. “Lu… Luhan?” Tiffany says, hoping she had remembered his name correctly. Luhan pauses as if shocked to be called upon, but he quickly smiles, “You’re Blake’s friend!” He says as he recognizes Tiffany, “How may I help you?” He says in a clear bright voice, catching Tiffany by surprise.

“Kris…” Tiffany says, suddenly nervous.

“Ah… I guess you know something about their exchange earlier today.”

Tiffany nods, her voice failing her, she was talking to one the famous delinquent in their school.

“Kris was so pissed.” Luhan says with a chuckle. “How much do you know about them?”

Tiffany had known Blake for quite a long time, she knew his personality inside out, but one thing that she didn’t know much about was things about his family. Blake barely mentions anything about it, she knows they are on the wealth side of the economic scale, but other than that, she knows Blake has been trying to talk to Kris for a long time but he will barely give Blake the time of day.

“No much.” Tiffany manages to answer, feeling a little proud that her voice came out strong even though inside she was barely holding on.

“I guess I can tell you when I know, but don’t tell either of them.” Luhan says.”But we can’t speak here…” he says as he turns around and heads down the stairs. Tiffany nods as she follows behind.

Luhan takes her to an empty park, Tiffany instantly recognizes the park, and it was the one that was quite close to her house. Did Luhan know this? Tiffany shakes away that thought, it must be a coincidence. She sits on the swing next to where Luhan sitting.

“Well I don’t know the exact detail, but I know that Kris has been under a lot of pressure from his dad to take over the company, and Kris seriously doesn’t want to do it.” Luhan pauses. “So he rebels.” He adds as an afterthought.

“So the delinquent…” tiffany doesn’t finish the sentence, she doesn’t want to offend Luhan.

Luhan shakes his head.

“But people leave…”

Luhan bursts, “Those are just rumors, or coincidences.”

Tiffany nods, “So he’s only pretending to be a delinquent.”

 “I guess you can call it an act; the same for me, I am just trying to help.”

“But what does this have to do with Blake?”

“Kris just doesn’t want Blake to get involved.” Luhan says as he starts swinging.

Tiffany watches him get higher and higher, “does Blake know?”

“As far as I know, barely anything.”

Tiffany stays silent gears turning in her head. “Blake would want to know…”

“I think Kris actually wants him to.” Luhan answers as he jumps off the swing as it reaches its highest point, landing perfectly with a soft thud on the floor. ‘I know what you’re going to ask next, so yes, I will help you, or at least try to.”

Tiffany bites on her lip, “Blake will be back from his part time job later today.”

“I’ll get Kris home earlier then.” Luhan says, “I’ll talk to him.”

Tiffany suddenly feels a hand grip her shoulder firmly. She was so focused on Luhan she didn’t notice Sehun walk up behind her.

“What’s going on?” Sehun asks with a serious expression, his eyebrows knitted together.

Tiffany turns toward where Luhan was, but he wasn’t there anymore, instead he was standing by the edge of the park, he gives Tiffany a quick wave before running out of sight. Sehun sighed loudly, anger clearly imprinted onto his face.

“Just talking.” Tiffany answers, she didn’t expect to see him here nor does she understand why he was angry.

“I was just going to grab some snacks at the convenience store and I find you here with that person? Do you know dangerous it is? A girl alone? Especially with those people, you should stay away from them.” Sehun says with a hand on his hip, running his other hand his dark hair. “You shouldn’t get involved with those delinquents.”

That sparked something in Tiffany, “He was being helpful! Don’t talk like you know everything. I don’t need a stupid lecture from you.” She shot back before she stomped away from him. She heard him calling her but she chose to ignore him. Stupid Sehun! Why was she getting a lecture when she was just trying to help her friend? Plus, Luhan was everything but dangerous, at least to her, and he also explained everything. So why? What did she do wrong? She chewed on these thoughts and she soon found herself in front of her house. That night she was still so angry that she barely ate any dinner and went to sleep early.

The next morning Tiffany got a fever, Tiffany blamed it on Sehun for making her angry, making her brain over heat! Tiffany checked her phone, secretly hoping to find an apology from Sehun, but there was only a reply from the group chat between Sally, Tiffany and Blake. Tiffany decided that Sehun has to apologize first; she wasn’t going to give in first. Tiffany’s parents told her to stay home, and left for work after they made some food for her. Tiffany fell asleep soon after eating, feeling better now that she decided not to give in.

“What are you doing here?” Blake asks as Sehun comes up to the usual lunch table.

Sehun barely spares Blake a glance, “Where is Tiffany?”

“You got some nerve asking.” Blake replies acidly.

“She’s not here.” Sally says popping a cookie into .

“Obviously…” Sehun sighs as he leaves the two alone, he heads towards classrooms. On his way up the stairs, he almost collides with another person. Sehun mutters a quick apology and moves to the left, leaving the path clear for the other person, but the person moves with Sehun; blocking his path. Sehun sighs and moves to the other side. The same thing happens again, his path blocked. He looks up at this idiot, Luhan, the person he wanted to see the least, smiles sweetly back at him. “We should talk.”

“I don’t have time.” Sehun says quickly, he was oddly a little intimidated by Luhan, despite his shorter stature and big eyes.

“It’ll be quick.”

Tiffany is woken up by call from an unknown number; she picks it up, getting up to sit.

“Hello?”

“Yo! It’s Luhan.”

“Yes! Hello.” Tiffany says sitting a little straighter even though no one could see her.

“I just wanted to tell you, they talked.”

Tiffany nods, “I guess that’s a start.”

“I’ll keep you updated.”

“Thank you very much!”

“No problem. Bye then.” Luhan says and then pauses, “By the way, he apologized.” And then he hung up, leaving Tiffany to listen to the dial tone confusedly. Who?

Right on cue, her phone starts ringing again, this time Sehun’s caller ID blinks on her screen. Her finger hover over the red button, but then think about What Luhan said; he apologized. But then she thought about her deal with herself; he didn’t apologize to her exactly. She taps the red button and tosses her phone somewhere onto her bed, but before the phone hits the bed, it starts ringing again. No matter how many times she rejected the call, it would start ringing within seconds. Why isn’t he giving up? She grabbed her phone and answered it.

“What do you want?” She says harshly. She had originally planned to be calm, but after the nonstop ringing her patience had been spread very thinly.

“Just come down, I’m outside.”

“Don’t tell me what to do!” She says sarcastically, knowing she was being difficult.

“Please come down.” Sehun says softly, “I’ll stay until you do.”

Tiffany peaks out of her window, James Bond style. Sehun was waiting outside obviously on the phone. “I’ll call the police!” She says in the most threatening tone.

“Call them.” Tiffany sees Sehun laugh silently, “It won’t help I’m on public property, plus I have a valid reason, I have note from your teacher.”

Tiffany curses silently, why did he have to have been in the student council? They get away with everything!

“I’m coming.” She says as she jumps out of bed. She didn’t bother changing; she goes out in her pajama and bed hair and a very grumpy face.

“I’m sorry about yesterday.” He says as soon as she steps out of the house.

Tiffany stares at him with suspicious eyes.

“I talked to Luhan, I’m sorry, I don’t know what happened, and I was just…” Sehun pauses, “It just made me angry seeing that.” He looks down, biting nervously on his lower lip. Tiffany stays silent, and with each passing minute Sehun’s lip might bleed.

“Ok.” Tiffany finally says, “Do you want to come in?” She asks, waving at her house.

“Yes!” Sehun says looking up with bright eyes.

They walk silently for a few moments when Sehun suddenly whispers loudly, “You look good by the way!” Causing Tiffany to blush slightly, but she quickly recovers.

“What do you want to drink?”