Her Guardian Angel

Boy In My Dreams

Her Guardian Angel


 

The first time I saw her, I knew immediately that she was going to be important in my life, except at the time I didn’t know in what way. If someone had told me that, I would have laughed at them but when it happens, it makes sense. It’s not necessarily romantic ‘love at first glance’ type of thing, but a feeling of meeting a kindred soul. My grandmother would have told me that it was because that person was important in your past life and so your souls would meet each other in the next life again no matter what. I just smiled politely when my grandmother told me that the first time, but now I have to say, maybe she was right.

The first time I met her it was just a normal day, nothing out of the ordinary. It was just a millisecond where she walked past me on the streets, laughing with her friends, I don’t think she noticed me at all, but I had the feeling that I recognized her, and I just had to look twice. I got a good look at her face, I didn’t recognize her, just a stranger, but there was a feeling that I couldn’t shake off. Over time I eventually forgot about her and her laugh as life took over I got busier as I moved between countries studying the different cuisines. I always wanted to have my own coffee shop and luckily my family eventually accepted my dream and allowed me to study what I love.

That moment was left forgotten until I met her in another country by pure chance when I was working in a local coffee shop. I saw her sitting at one of the table, apparently waiting for her friends. This was also the time where I finally found out her name; Tiffany. Finding out her name lit a spark inside me. I was filled with an excitement that was hard to describe, I wanted to go and talk to her, but at that critical moment I chickened out and I was suddenly scared to approach her.

And just like that another chance slipped away.

She left with her friends soon after, and I went to go clean up. And that is when I saw it, a chance that I needed. Her scarf lay on the floor forgotten under the table. I ran after her, a few seconds later I spotted her across the street.

I glance quickly to my right and jogs after her, but she just continued walked.

“Hey!”

“Tiffany!”

She finally turn around at the sound of her name, but her face was filled with horror as I felt the air knocked out of me from my left side as I hit the ground and someone switched off the light.

 

And suddenly someone switched on the light again, white, everything was white.

“Have I died?”

My eyes slowly adjust to the light, and I burst out laughing when I look around and find myself in Korea. The place where I want to open my shop, oh wait, let me correct myself. Where I wanted to open my shop, but I guess I could still complete my dream in this afterlife. I am somewhat relived yet disappointed at the same time. I am relieved because if I have reached the afterlife, it would mean that I was at least a decent person. But at the same time I am disappointed that there is an afterlife and I was not reincarnated like my grandmother had believed. Oh crap, I died before my grandmother… my whole family must be devastated, even Kris.

But life goes on… or should I say that the afterlife goes on. I start working towards my dream, and it was much easier than I imagined, and I soon had my own restaurant opened.

I was satisfied, but at the same time, I had so many questions. What happened to Tiffany?

But there was no way I could find out; there was no secret window into the living. And that was that and I accepted it.

 

That is, until they say I met her again.

 

I came into the shop to see a girl franticly speaking in English, being the owner; I went to go see what was going on. I cannot even put into words the shock I felt when I saw that it was Tiffany. A million questions passed through my head; was she also dead? Was this just part of my afterlife where everything I want comes true?

 

I befriend her easily, she ends up working with me in the restaurant, and we get to know each other quite well.

I also easily fall for her. I didn’t realize it at first; I just thought that I wanted to protect her. It wasn’t until she started falling for someone else when I realized, just a little too late.

 

We couldn’t be together, I understood that, not when I was alive and not even in my afterlife. Maybe my gran was right about one thing. Our souls were meant to meet again and again bound by a strange bond that keeps us close but never together.

 

I accepted it, I was happy being by her side, I was her guardian angel, it was enough.

 

Maybe I wasn’t as good of a person as I originally thought; why else would I be punished. There was no warning. She disappeared and I had no way of finding her. Just as suddenly as she appeared she disappeared leaving me wondering.

 

I think I start losing my mind; I hear voices, but most of the time they are not speaking to me. My world starts becoming fuzzy. Am I moving to the next stage of life (or death?)

 

“He moved!”

 

“Call the Doctor!”

 

“I saw him move.”

 

“Doctor!!!”

 

“He’s awake!”

 

“What seems to be the situation?”

 

Someone shakes me.

 

“Mr. Wu…?”

 

The voice sounds so familiar, but it sounds muffled

 

More shaking.

 

I open my eyes which suddenly feel leaden.

 

“Tiffany?”

 

I’m wide awake.

 

“Blake?”

 

Maybe this time will be the charm.


END


Author Note: This one actually is more of an extra chapter to my other fic Man in My Dreams, which the story Boy in My Dream kind of follows, but it can be read with both stories... but if you are ever interested in a long version of Boy in My Dreams...